Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

• Members
2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

I read the other day that 75% of racist atrocities commited in the US between 2001 and 2016 were carried out by people associated white supremicists. Very different to Trump's rhetoric

In what publication did you read this? Has a massive bearing on how much currency you should place in it.

More anti Trump fake news or from a worthy source like the US National Bureau of Statistics?

• Site Supporter

I hate all this who's done more than who.

But if you're going to chuck statistics about, then given stats illustrate (it's complex) that around 20 to 30% of America's population is non white, then that would suggest racist attacks are proportionally equal.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

Multiple shootings in utrecht. 

Suspect is of Turkish descent so I'll stick it in here rather than have its own thread =@

It's an "honour killing" as opposed to a proper terrorist attack apparently

7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Well that's alright then. Standard, ten a penny occurrence in most Western European cities these days, the old honour killing on a rush hour tram.

Carry on! 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, stevieb said:

Multiple shootings in utrecht. 

Suspect is of Turkish descent so I'll stick it in here rather than have its own thread =@

39 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Bloody hell, StevieB, you could legitimately have started a new "honour killings" thread.

• Members

When I first went to Italy in the 70's to meet the in laws, I was amazed to see lines of naked African women (in high heels!) at the far flung end of Lungomare in Salerno, offering their services to passing drivers. Illuminated by small bonfires, the grubby mattresses they performed on were in clear sight.

A cousin of whom we are most fond is in law enforcement over there. He drove us along there and told us that they were over run with African migrants and it was inevitable one day that there would be huge problems through it.

He then pointed out a makeshift memorial for one of those girls. Apparently, she had refused to pay her 'protection money' to the African gangsters running the show. They 'butchered her like a pig' and the grim detail was sickening.

This was in the 1970's. Fuck knows what it must be like now but I hope to visit again in the next couple of years and find out for myself. They need to get serious and turn back the boats. Australia managed it.

Edited by bolty58

• Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Scroll down the article, the date is four years ago!