Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Take comfort ? Are you deliberately trying to wind me up pal ?

You've got my number, give us a bell, things do get taken out of context on here., have a proper chat offline and clear it up.

I said there can't  be any comfort taken from there being less deaths caused by the far right

You said there can and then called me a prick

If you don't, then it sounds like you think the victims families could

I think the reality is they'd probably think all terrorists are cunts, and I'd wager that the islamic terrorists globally kill more fellow Islamics anyway

So I'm not sure why the numbers need to be compared

I'll give you a bell when i take the dog for a walk later if you want, just to reiterate what I've just written

5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I said there can't  be any comfort taken from there being less deaths caused by the far right

You said there can and then called me a prick

If you don't, then it sounds like you think the victims families could

I think the reality is they'd probably think all terrorists are cunts, and I'd wager that the islamic terrorists globally kill more fellow Islamics anyway

So I'm not sure why the numbers need to be compared

I'll give you a bell when i take the dog for a walk later if you want, just to reiterate what I've just written

We agree on something pal, all terrorists are cunts and cunts of the highest order.

My point re the families, was there would be hell of a lot more families to give condolences to for victims of Islamic terror attacks, I didn't mean it would be any consolation to them whatsoever, merely the numbers would be higher to console and give sympathy to.

No need to ring fella, too much gets taken out of context on here, but my phone is on if you do fancy a chat, whilst you're having a crafty spliff😉

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Now that's quite east to answer re co vetting to being a ginger.

Drink too much

Moan like fuck recently

Act like you know everything suddenly

Then holiday somewhere stupid in the wettest Feb for years, like Dumfries and Galloway......probably a convert terror training camp  🧔

Woah

We’ve been through this

It’s Flaxen-Haired Anglo Saxon.

I don’t bully you because you could fit into a pint glass do I?

#BeKind

• Members
7 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Course its real, there's a load of dead Turks in Germany that can vouch for that

The numbers are bigger for Islam, that's indisputable, but both are real, and comparing numbers tries to suggest, to me, one is worse than the other

One is on the up and likely to get worse, the other is well established, and likely to get worse

There can't be any comfort taken from far right extremists not being as destructive as islamic extremists

Would you concede that the activities of one has contributed the the rise of the other in a big way?

• Moderators
6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Would you concede that the activities of one has contributed the the rise of the other in a big way?

I've never said otherwise but yes, they're anti Islam, anti immigration and anti government, probably in that order

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Fucking awful - feels very close to home. World feels a bit grim at the moment. 

Someone did mention that to you last week didn't they pal ?

Hit home with me when the MEN Arena bombing happened.

Folk were protesting just last week as we know in Glasgow, then this happens literally 5 mins from Gorge Square.

Absolutely tragic, so sad. The world is indeed a very grim place at present.

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Someone did mention that to you last week didn't they pal ?

Hit home with me when the MEN Arena bombing happened.

Folk were protesting just last week as we know in Glasgow, then this happens literally 5 mins from Gorge Square.

Absolutely tragic, so sad. The world is indeed a very grim place at present.

As far as police Scotland have said - this isn't being treated as a terrorist incident. Just going off what they have said. 

Last week somebody told me on here that it would take an attack like this on someone close to me to make me 'wake to up the reality'. His views being that we should ban anyone coming from North Africa. 

Things always feel heavier when they happen close to home. No matter what they are. This hasn't had any change on my views and I'm not going to start laying into asylum seekers and refugees or calling for drastic changes to immigration because of recent events. Even families of folk killed in such attacks have often spoke out when political groups have tried to use the victims to further their cause. 

Just awful for everyone involved and I'm sure we're all tired of having to say it. 

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Now being reported that the only death is the attacker. Shows the danger in people trying to be the first to report things, and indeed jumping to conclusions before the full facts are established. 

Aye definitely. Thought Nicola made a decent statement urging everyone not to post harmful content on social media until the facts are known. Sure there was some people who would have ignored that though.