Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Now being reported that the only death is the attacker. Shows the danger in people trying to be the first to report things, and indeed jumping to conclusions before the full facts are established. 

Didn't the BBC report it as 3 dead first ?

12 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

As far as police Scotland have said - this isn't being treated as a terrorist incident. Just going off what they have said. 

Last week somebody told me on here that it would take an attack like this on someone close to me to make me 'wake to up the reality'. His views being that we should ban anyone coming from North Africa. 

Things always feel heavier when they happen close to home. No matter what they are. This hasn't had any change on my views and I'm not going to start laying into asylum seekers and refugees or calling for drastic changes to immigration because of recent events. Even families of folk killed in such attacks have often spoke out when political groups have tried to use the victims to further their cause. 

Just awful for everyone involved and I'm sure we're all tired of having to say it. 

Spot on, everyone is tiring of it, becoming too frequent now. 

Lockdown clearly is playing on the mental health of so many people now, very sad indeed.

20 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Didn't the BBC report it as 3 dead first ?

Yes, showing exactly the dangers of jumping on the back of unconfirmed social media reports rather than waiting for any sort of official statement.

As @London Wanderer said, Sturgeon got it spot on in trying to prevent rumours and gossip taking hold.

Still sounds like there have been some serious injuries, nonetheless. Fingers crossed they all make a full recovery, in particular the copper putting themselves in the way of danger to protect others. 

Apparently a lot of Kurdish folk staying there. Got to know a fair few families when working in London and worked with some Kurds in a kitchen years back. Sound to bone all of them and they've been on the frontline in the fight against ISIS in recent years. Hope none of them were hurt. 

On 26/06/2020 at 19:49, London Wanderer said:

Apparently a lot of Kurdish folk staying there. Got to know a fair few families when working in London and worked with some Kurds in a kitchen years back. Sound to bone all of them and they've been on the frontline in the fight against ISIS in recent years. Hope none of them were hurt. 

Some really good folk amongst the Kurdish people, got immense respect for them 👍

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Rishi's money tree will cover it! 🤣 

Yes, it covers all.

I was wondering about Rishi the other day,  now I quite like him, and think he comes across quite well. I;m not one of those simpletons who think's he'll be next PM or anything , but at the minute he's probably the most popular politician in the UK. I wonder what folk will think of him in say 6 or 12 months, when all of a sudden he has to stop giving loads of money and wants it all back.

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I hope you’re fucking kidding ??

just read it. Just to appear in court though 

Thing is, once she is here, it's very unlikely no matter what happens in court that we ship her back out , especially as she'll probably be able to claim asylum now, as her life would be in danger if she went back (as it would if she stays here)

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Thing is, once she is here, it's very unlikely no matter what happens in court that we ship her back out , especially as she'll probably be able to claim asylum now, as her life would be in danger if she went back (as it would if she stays here)

Stop it you’re spoiling my day genuinely