Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Further down the author corrects his initial mistake.

Which is fine,  but not before loads of people re-tweeted it (including onto here) with the incorrect, badly researched information. Things like Twitter send things around the world in a matter of seconds, even if it's wrong, and is later corrected, plenty will never get past the initial "headline" let alone start reading the thread, which will generally be full of loons and fuckwits.

It's a fucking dangerous thing is Twitter

• Members
10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Which is fine,  but not before loads of people re-tweeted it (including onto here) with the incorrect, badly researched information. Things like Twitter send things around the world in a matter of seconds, even if it's wrong, and is later corrected, plenty will never get past the initial "headline" let alone start reading the thread, which will generally be full of loons and fuckwits.

Spot on sir. Twatter and Faceache - social media in general. Changed the world and not for the better.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Totally agree. I fairness to the author in this case, he is at pains to correct his mistake and inform others.

On the odd time I read some of these links, I do try to follow down the line to try to validate the initial post. Usually descends into a back slapping or threat exchange exercise. 

All that said, if the initial comments from the religious one are for real, then it illustrates what a really difficult problem the country has. 

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Totally agree. I fairness to the author in this case, he is at pains to correct his mistake and inform others.

On the odd time I read some of these links, I do try to follow down the line to try to validate the initial post. Usually descends into a back slapping or threat exchange exercise. 

All that said, if the initial comments from the religious one are for real, then it illustrates what a really difficult problem the country has. 

Spot on re the last sentence mate, too many folk overlook that.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Is this real ? I've honestly no idea 

hard to tell, but I just googled what he looks like, and in both the pics released, he's wearing shades, so I don't think that's him

skynews-france-paris-terror_5141111.jpg?

27 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Read some stats about twitter use in the US. I'd imagine it'd be similar here.

20% of yanks use it, 80% of tweets come from 10% of those users.

Point being it's reach and influence is far exaggerated.

And posting pics of heads is fucking weird behaviour.

Is chopping them off weird too ? Just asking as you never mentioned it🤔 

• Moderators

Does it need implicitly stating that beheading people is barbaric? I'm happy to state it categorically, if not.

In the same way, fucking kids is wrong, and doesn't need stating. You don't need to post pictures of that either.

Most normal folk have no inclination to do any of these things; if you do, as I said, you need to take a deep fucking look at yourself.

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Does it need implicitly stating that beheading people is barbaric? I'm happy to state it categorically, if not.

In the same way, fucking kids is wrong, and doesn't need stating. You don't need to post pictures of that either.

Most normal folk have no inclination to do any of these things; if you do, as I said, you need to take a deep fucking look at yourself.

So basically, it needs burying ? Thought as much off you.

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

"A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on."

The late, great Terry Pratchett.

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

It's psychotic is what it is. Which doesn't make what you're doing any more normal

What, because I asked a question about what someone posted elsewhere as I was curious re the facts ? There's plenty of shite pics posted on here but only certain ones upset certain people, talk about touchy and selective.