Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

56 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Well sir, you are incredibly naive 😂😂

You get a buzz off this don't ya 😆

For starters I didn't say she didn't have advisors. I asked you. She's huge so I have no doubt she needs advising in all sorts of manners such as security & media appearance. But the idea that she's being advised on what to think & who to support doesn't cut it with me.

Have you got any proof of how she operates & who advises her.

As for her being a business - despite having a net worth - there's no evidence to suggest she's making profits. She's using the money donated to her to do the opposite. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/21/greta-thunberg-sets-up-non-profit-with-alternative-nobel-prize-money.html

Check the fact check website if you want more evidence - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/thunberg-highest-paid-activist/

30 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You get a buzz off this don't ya 😆

For starters I didn't say she didn't have advisors. I asked you. She's huge so I have no doubt she needs advising in all sorts of manners such as security & media appearance. But the idea that she's being advised on what to think & who to support doesn't cut it with me.

Have you got any proof of how she operates & who advises her.

As for her being a business - despite having a net worth - there's no evidence to suggest she's making profits. She's using the money donated to her to do the opposite. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/21/greta-thunberg-sets-up-non-profit-with-alternative-nobel-prize-money.html

Check the fact check website if you want more evidence - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/thunberg-highest-paid-activist/

Shut up you gullible twat 😂😂😂

41 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Apathy & not giving a fuck is prevalent in all generations. But as you say, good on her for showing that some youth do care about these things.

As for your last point - I agree , as does Greta judging by who she donated to. She never claimed to be the solution. Stiffer penalties are the key.

Anyway - how did we end up debating Greta on a terror attacks thread 😁

Yes pal....your last sentence is the most truest sentence you've ever posted 👍😉

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Apathy & not giving a fuck is prevalent in all generations. But as you say, good on her for showing that some youth do care about these things.

As for your last point - I agree , as does Greta judging by who she donated to. She never claimed to be the solution. Stiffer penalties are the key.

Anyway - how did we end up debating Greta on a terror attacks thread 😁

It is indeed prevalent throughout the community. 

What is somewhat irritating is hearing comments from Greta and others that we are buggering up the planet for the younger folk. Its everyone's responsibility, and if these kids were so concerned, they could start by putting their own house in order before complaining. 

Increasingly of the belief that major change will only happen when major nations adopt the odd radical policy and it snowballs.

Iirc, Germany is to ban single use plastics from next year. If true, this is brilliant.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What is somewhat irritating is hearing comments from Greta and others that we are buggering up the planet for the younger folk. Its everyone's responsibility, and if these kids were so concerned, they could start by putting their own house in order before complaining. 

We live in a society run on fossil fuels... and in many places across the world fossil fuels have brought folk out of poverty and delivered prosperity. We are now left in a situation where we have to move away from them urgently to stay well below 1.5 degrees. 

Young folk have every right to feel pissed off by successive governments  when the evidence was there decades ago. If that irritates you then so be it. As for getting their house in order - it is virtually impossible to go a day without using a product that has been made using fossil fuels. By your logic the youth need to be living off grid in hemp huts before their opinions become valid. Anyway, when you speak to those involved in the protests you will often find that many of them are doing things to reduce their footprint. 

Agree with the snowballing effect - I hope it works and snowballs with the plastic legislation in Germany. Hopefully it will be a proper refill and reuse system, rather than just replacing single use plastic with something more 'eco'. 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

We live in a society run on fossil fuels... and in many places across the world fossil fuels have brought folk out of poverty and delivered prosperity. We are now left in a situation where we have to move away from them urgently to stay well below 1.5 degrees. 

Young folk have every right to feel pissed off by successive governments  when the evidence was there decades ago. If that irritates you then so be it. As for getting their house in order - it is virtually impossible to go a day without using a product that has been made using fossil fuels. By your logic the youth need to be living off grid in hemp huts before their opinions become valid. Anyway, when you speak to those involved in the protests you will often find that many of them are doing things to reduce their footprint. 

Agree with the snowballing effect - I hope it works and snowballs with the plastic legislation in Germany. Hopefully it will be a proper refill and reuse system, rather than just replacing single use plastic with something more 'eco'. 

And have you ever spoken directly to a young eco-activist?

• Site Supporter

Entirely missing my point.

By my logic?

What a balloon statement and bearing no resemblance to what is written. Simply requiring young people to stop chucking their rubbish about is not wanting them to live in huts. 

If you can be bothered reading elsewhere,  you'll find that I've repeatedly talked about changing our approach but not being able to do so in a matter that serioisly affects life quality, as it wouldn't wash with the public.

That comment is so typical of tangential or extrapolation comments by a number of left wing individuals posted on here. Devoid of fact and accurate analysis of what is actually written when typing a response.

Get a grip.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Entirely missing my point.

By my logic?

What a balloon statement and bearing no resemblance to what is written. Simply requiring young people to stop chucking their rubbish about is not wanting them to live in huts. 

If you can be bothered reading elsewhere,  you'll find that I've repeatedly talked about changing our approach but not being able to do so in a matter that serioisly affects life quality, as it wouldn't wash with the public.

That comment is so typical of tangential or extrapolation comments by a number of left wing individuals posted on here. Devoid of fact and accurate analysis of what is actually written when typing a response.

Get a grip.

Mate - we've had a many a chat about this. I know  that you've repeatedly talked about changing our approach in a way that doesn't affect quality of life and well-being. I think we actually end up agreeing on more things that we disagree on with this topic. But you may feel differently.  I genuinely believe that the solutions to this crisis are far better for our quality of life and well-being than what we have now. Whilst also having massive potential to lift people more people out of poverty across the globe.

A recent film called '2040' is a decent example of this and worth a watch if you're interested. https://whatsyour2040.com/

Apologies if I've missed your point - the 'living in hemp huts' comment was of course an exaggeration and meant to be a joke. But yeah, I shouldn't have used the phrase "by your logic"- it was arrogant. 

This is what you said before I replied - "Its everyone's responsibility, and if these kids were so concerned, they could start by putting their own house in order before complaining". 

What do you think I've missed from that point? To me that says they need to focus on their own hypocritical lifestyles first or that they should address those in their age range who don't care about the environment. That doesn't feel fair IMO - I just come from the standpoint that young people who are concerned about this have every right to be. We've wasted so much time. They can't be solely responsible for other people their same age and they can't help that they were born into a system that is unsustainable and wasteful. 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Members

You tell em comrade!

Fight the power 

Less of the comrade, country bollocks. Re-establish the power. Water cannon, baton charges, tasers. Preferably in that order.

Restore order then stomp on the recalcitrants.

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Less of the comrade, country bollocks. Re-establish the power. Water cannon, baton charges, tasers. Preferably in that order.

Restore order then stomp on the recalcitrants.

Just a gentle reminder, 

Get a job is for the adult eco activists.

Go back to school is for the youth eco activists.

Would hate to see you make a fool of yourself again down under. 🙂

9 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Just a gentle reminder, 

You never saw the trifle and beach towel pic did you?

• Members
14 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Just a gentle reminder, 

:roll: Have you a wife and kids to worry about and provide for matey? You seem to spend a lot of time protesting.

We can all protest when we've got fuck all to do.

Don't know what the manic depressive commie fucktard has had to contribute but no doubt it will be down to his usual standard.

Edited by bolty58

16 hours ago, bolty58 said:

:roll: Have you a wife and kids to worry about and provide for matey? You seem to spend a lot of time protesting.

We can all protest when we've got fuck all to do.

Don't know what the manic depressive commie fucktard has had to contribute but no doubt it will be down to his usual standard.

Spend a lot of time protesting? I've been to one protest in the last 12 months bud - didn't know you had me down as a full-time rent a mob with an ever changing placard at the ready. 

No wife and kids to provide for mate. A class of 30 of the toerags is enough for me (for now at least). The missus provides for herself ;)

For some folk, one part of providing of their kids includes going to a climate change protest. At least many at the last one said they were doing it for their kids/grandkids.