Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

London Tower Block Engulfed In Flames

Dr Faustus

Doh! I normally change any such errors but as you've quoted it that would make me look even sillier now - thanks, mate ;)

Although, I always thought it was used as if to say 'here, here listen to him here' as opposed to hear as in listen?!

Perhaps both could be used and still be correct? But not here hear and certainly not hear here?!

The technicality of grammar are not my strong suit it must be said.

Sorry, The pedant in me couldn't resist. Feel free to pull me up on all my typos, my posts are generally full of them.

The problem is there is just one version of First Past the Post, but there are many varieties of Proportional Representation.

[Rather like the more recent referendum actually!]

The reason for the PR referendum was because it was part of the coalition agreement to satisfy the LibDems (and secure their future?).

Of course what Cameron did not say to Clegg is we are going to absolutely rubbish the argument with bluster about the inevitable consequences.

[Rather like the more recnt referendum actually!]

Alternative Vote referendum I think you meant.

Anyone see the Labour MP for Tottenham (Lemy something) on Newsnight?

He was fanning the conspiracy theory flames saying that they authorities could be undercooking the numbers to avoid civil unrest, I mean Jesus do these people actually think that the Police, Fire brigade, Ambulance service, council and central government would work together in this way

I'm sure the 79 figure comes from the number of people reported as missing with the confirmed dead also included. Amongst other things he wanted them to use phone records to see how many phones were being used in the building an hour before the fire as some sort of way of proving that more than 79 people are dead

Complete wanker this fella, he was getting really pissed off with the presenter as well when

Anyone see the Labour MP for Tottenham (Lemy something) on Newsnight?

He was fanning the conspiracy theory flames saying that they authorities could be undercooking the numbers to avoid civil unrest, I mean Jesus do these people actually think that the Police, Fire brigade, Ambulance service, council and central government would work together in this way

I'm sure the 79 figure comes from the number of people reported as missing with the confirmed dead also included. Amongst other things he wanted them to use phone records to see how many phones were being used in the building an hour before the fire as some sort of way of proving that more than 79 people are dead

Complete wanker this fella, he was getting really pissed off with the presenter as well when

Lammy is an utter tosspot and shit stirrer.

Who remembers his fine for unsolicited phone calls ?

Not to mention his expenses scandal when he lives just 28mins from Westminster ...

And also him being very quiet over the Baby Peter tradegy ?

http://www.libdemvoice.org/david-lammy-quentin-davies-warned-treasury-16639.html

Like someone said to Lammy, if he was that good, why didn't he do stuff prior to the fire and not with the advantage of hindsight ?

Edited by miamiwhite

Never seen much of him before that vid and my first impressions weren't great.

Having looked a bit deeper I will agree 100% - he's a massive bell.

Massive.  there's a vid of him storming off a Sky news interview somewhere.  He's like a little kid spitting his dummy out in a huff

Organising a march to downing street/Parliament (whichever) after the fire. Loads of anti government shit being waved etc. Another horrible cunt hijacking people's grief and sorrow for his own political aims.

Who, OJ?  

I'd have more respect if he could actually listen to another's viewpoint without accusing them of being homophobic or not 'respecting' and acknowledging the continual oppression and suffering of the LGBT community.

he's a bigot, basically

Edited by madthatter

Just watching the BBC news and the revelation that the council went for a cheaper option on the cladding. The implication is that it was substandard and not fit for purpose.

They don't know that and the fact that a council is using pudent procurement methods shouldn't be seen as a reason for the tragedy.

If the council accepted unspecified materials for reasons of cost, then that is a different matter.

Poor reporting like this is causing even more friction in an already angry local community.

Watching BBC London news on the tablet and it seems Camden Council decided not to fit fire doors on the tower blocks that they have evacuated to save money.

One of the main reasons for the evacuation.

That, to me, should have been more important news than the cost savings.

Watching BBC London news on the tablet and it seems Camden Council decided not to fit fire doors on the tower blocks that they have evacuated to save money.

One of the main reasons for the evacuation.

That, to me, should have been more important news than the cost savings.

Truly insanity.

Camden Is a Labour council as well isn't it?

Goes to show that this thing is much bigger than any one single political party

Grenfel was an imperfect storm and many issues contributed to it, it will all become clear in the investigation's

Nobody should be trying to gain political capital out of it