Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crypto Currency

birch-chorley

Had a look at all the alt coins yesterday.

One called Flash is up 3333% in last 30 days. £100 would be £333,300 now! Better still, you’d probably have purchased it with Ethereum - which is up over 50% in that same time. So probably over £0.5m from £100!!

Edited by Smiley

One called Flash is up 3333% in last 30 days. £100 would be £333,300 now! Better still, you’d probably have purchased it with Ethereum - which is up over 50% in that same time. So probably over £0.5m from £100!!

if you startes with 100 and it made 3300 percent isnt thyat 3300 as opposed to 330000

if you startes with 100 and it made 3300 percent isnt thyat 3300 as opposed to 330000

That’s how I make it

If you invest £100 and it makes 100% return then you’ve made £100

If you make £100 and it makes 1000% return then you make £1,000

If you invest £100 and it makes 10,000% return then you make £10,000

Still, a 3300% return is decent in a month, I wonder what the USP is with this coin!

I will stick to my guns on this, non of them will be useful enough in the real world to do anything in the long term. Not to the level of Market Cap’s that we are seeing anyway!!

In total both on paper and balance sheets you have about 10 trillion $ in circulation, the market Cap of all these Crypto Currencies is now about 1 trillion yet they arent used for anything useful at all!

The parody coin (dog coin) hit a market cap of £2bn yesterday on the back of a MEME that went viral ffs! The vast majority of these will collapse at some point and I think they will take everything with it, even the coins that may end up slightly useful

• Site Supporter

Not got the funds nor the bottle to get involved in any of this but I do have a question:

If I was able to market my own non-existent coin; let's call it a MickyD, so I launch it and buy the lot. I then tell everyone it's gone up 500% on today's trading. Investors then lump on expecting a coin (that doesn't exist) to go further so they pay me the 500% mark-up making me some money. We then up the % to 1000 and others see it as a great investment and pay the new holders their premium and off we go again. At some stage everyone who's already in are given their premiums and the next lot are just about to have the rug pulled because we now say all the coins are worth nothing. Does everyone currently holding these MickyDs (which don't exist) just shrug and wish they'd got in at the start?

I'm buying £500 of this, end of.

I'll either make a few quid or I'll lose £500.

I've lost £3k+ in an afternoon's racing before now, so it's just another punt to me.

I've kept trying the referral link, sent it between my own emails and sent a support email and still nowt. So sorry if you've not got your free ones from my clicks. I fancy it too but this doesn't fill me full of confidence.

This is price driven up by demand.

Like the must have kids toys at Xmas.

As soon as demand moves/drops price will drop.

As mentioned there are many many options here. If one of them happens to succeed there will be loads that have dropped.

Nothing is being made so there is no underlying value. A currency is linked to a country’s economy.

What is driving the price increases ?

This is price driven up by demand.

Like the must have kids toys at Xmas.

As soon as demand moves/drops price will drop.

As mentioned there are many many options here. If one of them happens to succeed there will be loads that have dropped.

Nothing is being made so there is no underlying value. A currency is linked to a country’s economy.

What is driving the price increases ?

Excess capital

Mad one just now.......the one I mentioned last week FFWD....they’re involved with the IPO of Nuuvera on the TSX.....it almost tripled within six minutes of the opening bell....they’re doing the legal cannabis farms over there....it’s just been suspended until 13-00 their time......BUT and this is good......you can still buy it here until 16-30on AIM via the FFWD ticker......

Genuine heads up chaps......come back tomorrow and tell me how much you’re in profit.

Mad one just now.......the one I mentioned last week FFWD....they’re involved with the IPO of Nuuvera on the TSX.....it almost tripled within six minutes of the opening bell....they’re doing the legal cannabis farms over there....it’s just been suspended until 13-00 their time......BUT and this is good......you can still buy it here until 16-30on AIM via the FFWD ticker......

Genuine heads up chaps......come back tomorrow and tell me how much you’re in profit.

Si...is this part of the Lenigas' empire? He is heavily involved in medical cannabis in Oz and Canada

Anyone else holding XRP find themselves crying into their porridge this morning?

I've not got any, but I guess the very nature of this type of investment, means that it will be a real rollercoaster ride, it's just about knowing when to get on and when to get off.

At some point, I suspect at least one of the major ones will have a massive collapse, that will ensure some folk lose a bundle

• Site Supporter

I really hope everyone becomes millionaires but I can't help feeling this is just too volatile to recognise when to keep and when to sell. #i'm more and more convinced these currencies are being run by groups of investors who are able to manipulate the prices by dumping high which will immediately drop the price at their gain then buy them all back again at the low price.

Or am I being too naive about this? I just don't see how anyone can win.

One of the basic rules of long term investing is don't try to time the market, plenty of folk lose money trying to do this rather than let their investment ride.

To try and do so on something as volatile as cyptos which trade 24/7 whilst you check prices on your phone every time you can at work is madness.

One of the basic rules of long term investing is don't try to time the market, plenty of folk lose money trying to do this rather than let their investment ride.

To try and do so on something as volatile as cyptos which trade 24/7 whilst you check prices on your phone every time you can at work is madness.

This is true, but he doesn't actually "work" for a living.

Plus he has some form of AI thing that triggers his trading.