Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crypto Currency

birch-chorley

That's chicken feed compared to Lily Allen turning down an offer of several hundreds of thousands of bitcoin to play a 'virtual' gig in the online game 'Second Life'...

Her fee for a couple of hours work would've seen her as one of, if not the actual, richest women/woman in the world...

At first she feels bad for a whhiiile and then she just criiies, she kicks herself and criiii-iiiees, she goes ahead and criii-iies...

yeah, that happens a lot. remember it happening in america "let me search the Tip"

and it pops up on 4chan , too . 

at this point its probably a copypasta. 

guess he didnt *puts sunglasses on* HODL on to his data drives *The Who plays*

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, e2e4 said:

yeah, that happens a lot. remember it happening in america "let me search the Tip"

What the fucking hell in St. Paul's ballbag does that actually mean? Do you need a reboot or maybe a detox?

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, e2e4 said:

11 hours ago, Winchester White said:

What the fucking hell in St. Paul's ballbag does that actually mean? Do you need a reboot or maybe a detox?

Glad you asked. e2e4 makes four points; I understood none of them.

• Moderators

4Chan is a mad as fuck meme website, it's where stuff like QAnon starts up. I guess someone has spent the last year on there and not communicated with anyone "normal" for a while *ba dumm tss*

Anyway, back in the day, I had all our work machines doing something like BitCoin but not actually BitCoin. Had I done that, kept hold of them and not sold at any point (I would have done) then we'd be in the Champions League.

19 hours ago, Winchester White said:

the "i threw away a drive with x on it" isnt true , they only lose them when its worth loads. it was worth around $130 in 2013 for 11 months , if he had 7500 of them then they were worth just under a million dollars. Then. 

it goes up like a rocket around november to around $1000 . thats 7.5 million dollars. 

" so when he had a clear out, he believed everything had been taken off it." 

as he'd "totally forgot about bitcoin" , so from inference he didnt copy it, he either wiped it or more likely threw it away as is. In 2013. when his holding was worth a million dollars. 

yeah, no.  

https://www.newsweek.com/man-accidentally-threw-bitcoin-worth-108m-trash-says-theres-no-point-crying-726807 .  its a copy and pasted story "a copypasta" from someone else. he's got his name in the paper. 

the HODL thing is because no one uses bitcoins as money, they use it like Gold. 

heres a jpeg of it in the style of the Run DMC logo

the " puts sunglasses on , the who music plays" is a CSI Miami David Caruso thing. 

everyone in the world has thrown money away or forgotten a password. 

Edited by e2e4
syntax change

On 15/01/2021 at 19:12, e2e4 said:

the "i threw away a drive with x on it" isnt true , they only lose them when its worth loads. it was worth around $130 in 2013 for 11 months , if he had 7500 of them then they were worth just under a million dollars. Then. 

it goes up like a rocket around november to around $1000 . thats 7.5 million dollars. 

as he'd "totally forgot about bitcoin" , so from inference he didnt copy it, he either wiped it or more likely threw it away as is. In 2013. when his holding was worth a million dollars. 

yeah, no.  

https://www.newsweek.com/man-accidentally-threw-bitcoin-worth-108m-trash-says-theres-no-point-crying-726807 .  its a copy and pasted story "a copypasta" from someone else. he's got his name in the paper. 

the " puts sunglasses on , the who music plays" is a CSI Miami David Caruso thing. 

Edited and still not a clue 

• Site Supporter
On 15/01/2021 at 19:12, e2e4 said:

yeah, no.  

I’m worried that I actually understand all that.

Though it means I might have lasers for eyes which is quite exciting 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

Bitcoin is always it seems smashing market records highs but no one I know ever seems to become millionaires  

It rose £14k in a few weeks recently.

Dropped £4K last week.

There’ll be a handful of people doing ok but if it was that good there’d be more people doing it.

Far too volatile.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

It rose £14k in a few weeks recently.

Dropped £4K last week.

There’ll be a handful of people doing ok but if it was that good there’d be more people doing it.

Far too volatile.

Anyone who invested in BTC before the start of the year should be in profit 

but remember this , too-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox

that was crazy , somehow crazier than the silkroad marketplace fbi raid business which also happened around the same time . 

i didnt even know about this one

https://hackernoon.com/bitcoins-biggest-hack-in-history-184-4-ded46310d4ef

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Value_overflow_incident

weird. but kinda interesting

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, royal white said:

There’s a relatively new coin that has gone up almost 700% in the last 24hrs 

There's a 10p piece in my pocket. I reckon it's worth about £18 but I'm willing to sell it for £10. 

That way,  I make a bit and you make a bit. 

This is what i don't get about crypto currency.  How the fuck do you convince someone that a crypto coin is worth anything? 

14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

There's a 10p piece in my pocket. I reckon it's worth about £18 but I'm willing to sell it for £10. 

This is what i don't get about crypto currency.  How the fuck do you convince someone that a crypto coin is worth anything? 

@Smiley is your man to explain it

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

@Smiley is your man to explain it

The fucker is the house always wins...

If someone figures out a way to beat the house (ie this Gamestop short-squeeze or the 'Ripple Winter' daytrade amateur hour) the house changes the rules.

Robinhood have sided with the big lad who's been handed his arse and they've took their ball home.

Plus500 did similar during that mad democratic period of Wild West trading in cryptos.

As soon as the little guy makes gains, manipulates the market they do not like that.

They close ranks - cunts.

No different to sports bookies restricting winning accounts.

Their arses are always covered by small print folk either don't read or read and ignore.

This class action will come to nowt - but hopefully Robinhood have been shown to be oxymoron-ically named, and with any luck their name is now mud.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I'll give you a fiver for it, I want to make more profit than just £8

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

All currencies are like that. The pound was at 1.43 against the dollar. Dropped to around 1.18 (maybe lower) and is now back up around 1.37. All currencies fluctuate. 

18 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Invested in some Ripple on Saturday.

Could've cashed out this morning for double my outlay but stuck...

Now back to square 1.

Greed.

Don't worry. 

It'll be worth half what you paid for it by the time you think 'I should probably sell this'. 

Buy high, sell low