Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crypto Currency

birch-chorley

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Be careful lad.

Its advise btw.

I’m ok

as soon as it bursts as low as £25k I’ll pull out and be up.

But it seems to have the support to go a long way. The limit of availability is very appealing.

I’ll pass your advice on to my autocorrect 😁

10 years or so we did some work for a company based in Slovenia, but their accounts dept was down south.

They was one of these new shiny bitcoin exchanges.

£35k our work came to, with another £120k or so over the first year.

They wanted to pay us in Bitcoin. Bitcoin was around £1 at the time.

We said no, give us cash.

At no point whatsoever have we regretted that decision. 😳

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Ha ha is that the Nigel Clough of the trading world?

He's talking utter bollocks and clearly has zero understanding of the impact that crypto and/or associated tech will have (not the likes of Doge). Or is it somethign else?

As Upton Sinclair once said: "it is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." 

I wouldn't mind but he's even technically wrong. At the time of writing, BTC is still up marginally over 7 days, and the controversial Cardano just under 20% up in that time.

In fact 14 out of the 20 coins with the largest market cap are up over the last week.

So what crash?

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

He's talking utter bollocks and clearly has zero understanding of the impact that crypto and/or associated tech will have (not the likes of Doge). Or is it somethign else?

As Upton Sinclair once said: "it is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." 

I wouldn't mind but he's even technically wrong. At the time of writing, BTC is still up marginally over 7 days, and the controversial Cardano just under 20% up in that time.

In fact 14 out of the 20 coins with the largest market cap are up over the last week.

So what crash?

Ha proper been done there haven't I. He's a comedian 😄🤦‍♂️ I blame the kids keeping me awake all night*

Coffee please

* that and I love a nibble

• Site Supporter

There is absolutely no way Elon Musk would buy as much as he has if he thought it was going to be worth $200 by summer.

I can see it levelling out around $50k and staying there for a while now. It's gone very mainstream.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

😂 He's a comedian doing a character.

Edit: Sorry Jules, just saw your follow up post. You're not the only one to be fooled, the comments on his videos are amazing. 😂

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

In my (very paper thin) defence, he did sound just like @birch-chorley talking about Crypto 💣

This one is my favourite, because he slips out of character at about 2:10 and nearly laughs at himself. He's actually had his own show on Radio 4 over the last few years, and it is surprisingly good. "The Damien Slash Mixtape" if you're interested.

Edited by Cheese

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Bitcoin flying again.

Now may be a good time to get in, it's being listed on Nasdaq.

XRP has more than doubled in a week. Binance Coin is flying. TRON is flying. It’s like the world has just tipped all its money into Crypto this week.