Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Travis Bickle/windsor White

anewman

I met Gaz through this site and it turned out we both worked together in London. I know a few people who he used to work with directly and his old team are absolutely devasated at the news of his sudden death. He was really well thought of with his Bolton sense of humour and always had a cheeky smile on his face.  I could tell you a few stories about the times I've worked with him directly, but some wouldn't be suitable for a public forum!

Oddly enough I sent him an email at work the other week as I'd lost his number and we hadn't spoken for a while. Genuinely nice lad and will be missed by everyone that knew him. Abosolutely gutted he has gone and I will be raising a pint at Millwall in his memory. Thoughts are with his family at this truly shitty time. I hope his little one grows up and makes their dad proud.

RIP Gaz

Squidgy

Edited by slug

if you are still around tyler and can get to millwall, fetch your brothers new flag

would be nice to catch up

Likewise if you manage to dig out some old photos of your brother with some of the Wways posse from various trips, games, etc. Be great to see them.

Likewise if you manage to dig out some old photos of your brother with some of the Wways posse from various trips, games, etc. Be great to see them.

Tyler, he took a classic selfie with Vernon Kay when we were at Fulham a few years back. He had it on his facebook before he went secret squirrel.

Tyler, he took a classic selfie with Vernon Kay when we were at Fulham a few years back. He had it on his facebook before he went secret squirrel.

Was that the midweek 3-0 defeat? We jibbed into the seats for the 2nd half and sat in the row in front of Vernon and his missus.

• 2 weeks later...

Gaz will be laid to rest this Friday in Silchester. The following is taken from a page at work for those wishing to give a few bob in his memory (awaits payday for me...)

Amy, Gareth's wife, has requested that no floral tributes, but invited you to donate to either of the following three Just Giving pages set up in his memory:

GarethDonnellybhf (British Heart Foundation)

GarethDonnellyOddballs (Testicular cancer)

GarethDonnellyH4H (Help for heros)

Cheers,

Squidgy

Edited by slug

• Moderators

Off to say goodbye to the Silchester White. One of the nicest lads I've met through this forum and randomly through my job.

hope it all goes off well, squidgy bear

still find it difficult to look at pictures of him and his family

do you know how he knew anthony cotton?

i saw a few tweets from him

hope it all goes off well, squidgy bear

still find it difficult to look at pictures of him and his family

do you know how he knew anthony cotton?

i saw a few tweets from him

I asked Gaz that very question when we were at Sheff Utd last season and he said they grew up together. As a result he knew Keegan Hirst (RL player) so must have been the only man to be seen jogging in Berkshire wearing a Batley Bulldogs shirt.

Beautiful send off. The local cricket team were holding his Silchester Whites flag up on the local green as we all went past. Jimmy did him proud with his speech as did his wife, Amy. The entourage from the boys and girls from work was heart warming. Only standing place in the church, it was crammed to the door. RIP Gaz