Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Djorkaeff

Walkden26

I took my son on Thursday, he never had the pleasure of watching Youri or Okocha play for Bolton. Luckily we were sat near the French team and Youri happily signed his shirt. At the end of the Nigeria game and once his TV interview had finished, Jay Jay was walking off, a dozen or so lads wanting his autograph on one side, we were on the other. Shouted his name, draped the Bolton shirt over the barrier and he walked straight over and signed the shirt. Top bloke, our club meant something to the pair of them

That is class!!

Peter Reid won the League, FA Cup, UEFA cup & England caps...all that after an injury from which took a little away from the player he was before imo, so I'd go along with BB on that one.

For me a classy player is one who always has time on the ball. In the Bolton team the young Reidy played in I would say the class player was Peter Thompson (not that teams are limited to one class player obvs).

For me a classy player is one who always has time on the ball. In the Bolton team the young Reidy played in I would say the class player was Peter Thompson (not that teams are limited to one class player obvs).

Yep. Totally agree. Loved to see the "original" Tomo leave defenders on their arse with his twists and turns. If it hadn't been for Frankie, Tomo would have been my favourite ever BWFC player

Peter Reid won the League, FA Cup, UEFA cup & England caps...all that after an injury from which took a little away from the player he was before imo, so I'd go along with BB on that one.

Thought he also went on strike to get a transfer.

David Lee - effective but certainly not "classy" when crossing straight into the embankment

The one David Lee memory that stands out for me is watching him have all the time in the world to control the ball rolling gently towards him only for him to let it go under his foot and out for a throw to the opposition

The one David Lee memory that stands out for me is watching him have all the time in the world to control the ball rolling gently towards him only for him to let it go under his foot and out for a throw to the opposition

Bit harsh, Frank - stand-out memory for me is his goal against Norwich! Edited by enzo gambaro