Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fylde Friendly

Ruba Mustafa

Away game at AFC Fylde brand new stadium Tuesday night, k/o 7.45.

Got a soft spot for these as I remember them playing next to a farmers field in kirkham a few years ago.

They still play next to a farmers field albeit in a lovely new stadium that holds over 5000.

It's only half an hour up the motorway, should be a nice workout.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was bored one night early last season and went over there to watch them play Curzon Ashton, they're desperate for league footy and to be as professional as possible and it shows - went in the away end with my young lad and they frisked and wanded both of us and no doubt the other 21 Curzon supporters on the terrace that night.

First weekend i lived there some locals kicked an army lad from manc to death outside a boozer for chatting up a barmaid.

stopped off there about 20 years ago bumped into someone we later found out was known locally as Mad Mick of Wesham he ended up throwing bricks at us because he tried to walk straight through me and lad I was with and obviously he came off worse he was a lunatic. :)      

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Haha wesham is beyond cliquey.

There's two pubs on the back streets. One called the Stanley that are no go zones for the army boys from wheeton barracks.

Our peg had the kingfisher which is now a JW Lees. Could be a decent stop off for folk driving if you want some food. Ten mins drive to ground from there max.