Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spearing

White Shirt

I think he's going to come back personally.

He can fuck right off. Ever since he joins us on loan he's had a good 3 months and that's it. I don't get it. We can get much better than him

The bloke can't pass!

Find it strange he isn't linked with anyone.

Lgw

I follow the lad on Instagram and fair play to him he's had a great summer. Was at The Open today courtesy of his sponsors. This needs sorting out.

Edited by White Shirt

• Site Supporter

I often wonder if he just can't handle the pressure of being skipper. He's obviously a talented player but I wonder if the captaincy gives him too much to do and think about on the pitch.

I'd have spearing back in a heart beat.

We lose so much without him in the side.

His work rate and tackling alone make him one of the 1st on the team sheet alongside Wheater and Beevers

Absolutely. Those who don't like him might notice the difference if we're without him next season, when our opponents go sailing straight through our midfield & run straight at Wheavers.

There's nothing greedy about him not wanting to take a big cut in his wages after he played a major part in last season's promotion, but equally, I understand the club trying to put a cap on wages.

If we could come to an agreement & bring him back, it would definitely strengthen our squad.

Can he improve the team ?

Can we afford him ?

If both can be answered yes we go for him if not we do not.

It is really the second point that no one knows.

Recent years have shown that we only navigate the transfer market by using the second question.

Lad I know through mates son had 2 year contract at Man U was released 2-3 years ago he was offered 2k a week at Crewe which he turned down never got another pro offer he played couple of games with us on Leverhulme at premier 5s think he's in Aussie now aged 23-24 playing non league. So you don't always get what you think your worth.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Lad I know through mates son had 2 year contract at Man U was released 2-3 years ago he was offered 2k a week at Crewe which he turned down never got another pro offer he played couple of games with us on Leverhulme at premier 5s think he's in Aussie now aged 23-24 playing non league. So you don't always get what you think your worth.

LG?