Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spearing

White Shirt

10 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Spearing wasn't even close to Lowe's level last night, we don't miss him one little bit. Lowe had a cracking game to be fair though as he has done for the last few weeks

Lowe was excellent last night. In fact, he's been great pretty much all season.

2 hours ago, HomerJay said:

i think bridcutt has made lowe better. he seems to have upped his game slightly.

top pro for me..

Thought Lowe sat a bit too deep last night. Looked much better when played a bit further forward against Sunderland, and Bridcutt gives him the licence to do that. That said, I thought Lowe gave Hobbs a very close run for MOM (which our Maud called after about 5 minutes to be fair)

We will see Lowe play deeper now the next few weeks with bridcutt out which is a bit of a disappointment 

whilst Bridcutt was sitting deep and Crawford off the top Lowe was tasked with covering everything in between. More box to box. 

graham came on and whilst his natural position is a holding midfielder I think Hill didn’t trust him enough last night so pushed him in to Lowe’s position. Which I understand. He’s very neat on the ball but panicked a bit when he had the opportunity to drive forward and came backwards. 

crawford spent the first 10 minutes too close to Murphy and didn’t have a touch. When he dropped 5 yards he had much more ball and involvement 

bridcutt being out won’t just affect his position but the whole midfield unfortunately 

6 hours ago, Andy Gee said:

Was it Spearing that had that "shot" from the edge of the area that trickled wide after we cleared a corner? 

Yup.

Noticed he also sent all the Blackpool players away when they were all crying for Verlinden to be sent off (which I'm pretty sure our lot would have been doing if it was the other way round). Not sure if it's because of his soft spot for the club or not wanting Blackpool players getting in bother too.

22 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Yup.

Noticed he also sent all the Blackpool players away when they were all crying for Verlinden to be sent off (which I'm pretty sure our lot would have been doing if it was the other way round). Not sure if it's because of his soft spot for the club or not wanting Blackpool players getting in bother too.

Really? I thought he was badgering the referee to get him sent off?

14 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Yup.

Couldn't blame the Blackpool players for going mad. Verlinden should have been sent off.