Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forum Virgin

• Members

Aye. Remember Maggie T doing a speech at the Conny club once and we had her security officers coming in for fags and sweets. Bert Royle the wrestler was a regular too.

I must have shopped there a few times in the 70's mate. Remember it well.  Wasn't there a small alleyway running through to near Mad Jacks barbers? 

I must have shopped there a few times in the 70's mate. Remember it well. Wasn't there a small alleyway running through to near Mad Jacks barbers?

Yes, the alleyway was our property too. Had to clear it of ice and snow during the winter so no fucker would sue us. That was my job. The Asian family we sold the shop to decided to close the thing up so no one could use it. The shop has gone and is now a home. I think the Asian family we sold it to still live there.

• Members

Yes, the alleyway was our property too. Had to clear it of ice and snow during the winter so no fucker would sue us. That was my job. The Asian family we sold the shop to decided to close the thing up so no one could use it. The shop has gone and is now a home. I think the Asian family we sold it to still live there.

Had the odd knee trembler with a young lady in there mate so thanks for the clean up  :D

• 1 month later...

Ey up me ducks, totally new to this forum malarkey, been a long suffering Bolton fan of over 30 years now.

Can only get to a couple of matches a season due to my money situation (i e lack of), but have had some great times in the couple of matches I've been to.

Best match so far was the legends match last year where I met a lot of Bolton Legends... and John Bishop!!!.

Finally a shout out to my great great mate Will 'Mossy' Moss for driving me to the matches, and for the music and banter along the way.

• Site Supporter

Sorry Undies only just seen your post would have been in your mum and dads shop many a time penny tray man meself,also the shop nearer to the library used to be a temperance bar sold dandelion and burdock and sarsaparilla.l also had the odd dalliance in that ginnel in me teens ,I remember the barber's being known as Sprags you used to leave dripping in blood .

• Members

Sorry Undies only just seen your post would have been in your mum and dads shop many a time penny tray man meself,also the shop nearer to the library used to be a temperance bar sold dandelion and burdock and sarsaparilla.l also had the odd dalliance in that ginnel in me teens ,I remember the barber's being known as Sprags you used to leave dripping in blood .

He must have been called Mad Jack Sprag then C! I never knew that.

Loads of lads around there had chunks missing out of their ears. As a nipper I used to fight more against going there than I did to the dentist!