Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

I have lived or worked in London for 17 odd years.

'We' voted in Khan. When will the Northerners realised they lost!

Shut your moaning and go back to your websites.

We (52%) voted for Brexit.........when will you lot realise you lost ?

Stop moaning like Khan and go back to your art galleries etc.

We (52%) voted for Brexit.........when will you lot realise you lost ?

Stop moaning like Khan and go back to your art galleries etc.

Before the referendum Farage kept saying if it was a close run result and the Leave side lost it would be "unfinished business".

Before the referendum Farage kept saying if it was a close run result and the Leave side lost it would be "unfinished business".

In all fairness, Farage is a complete bell end, who generally talks shit at every available opportunity. If "out" had lost, he would now be campaigning for another referendum, I don't think there is any doubt about this.

The annoying thing, is that both sides were absolute shit pre-referendum, and since the vote, nobody has covered themselves in glory. This current government surely can't be filling anybody with confidence going into the negotiations.

I'm sure it'll all be fine in the end, it's just the 2 years or so of endless fucking about that's going to be painful  -  at least the dicks have now realised that we don't actually "hold all the cards" and that it's actually going to be a bit shit for both us and the EU whilst everything sorts itself out

Sadly, our Spanish engineer has handed his notice in today, he's got a new job in France. Apparently as it's still not clear if he and his girlfriend will be able to stay (He's only been here for 18 months and her just under a year thus far) he's decided he needs to cut his losses and move to what he seems a more secure environment, especially as they will be trying for a family in the next few years.

We've told him it'll be fine, but without official confirmation he's not hanging around. She's just qualified as a vet as well.

It's a real shame

Sadly, our Spanish engineer has handed his notice in today, he's got a new job in France. Apparently as it's still not clear if he and his girlfriend will be able to stay (He's only been here for 18 months and her just under a year thus far) he's decided he needs to cut his losses and move to what he seems a more secure environment, especially as they will be trying for a family in the next few years.

We've told him it'll be fine, but without official confirmation he's not hanging around. She's just qualified as a vet as well.

It's a real shame

Have you told him about us getting blue passports though? Edited by tomski

Have you told him about us getting blue passports though?

I'm in the office tomorrow, I'll mention that, it should cheer him up no end.

The annoying thing is it's going to be really difficult to replace him

It's a shame that folk have feel like that. I can't blame him though if for the reasons above he didn't feel secure

It isn't and shouldn't be what brexit was voted for stuff like that.

Skilled migrants should be welcomed where we have shortages and I think engineering would fit that criteria. Shame to see good people leave the uk and the undesirables stick around

Let's hope someone English benefits. Good luck to him in France he'll love the tax bill on his salary and the expensive cost of living. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Let's hope someone English benefits. Good luck to him in France he'll love the tax bill on his salary and the expensive cost of living.

Hopefully we can get somebody from the UK....last time we really struggled though, hence we had to advertise across Europe.

As for how much tax he will pay, I'm not arsed, I'm not paying it. I'm sure he's looked into it though, he's not stupid.