Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

I doubt remainers are too gutted by this.

I accepted the result of the referendum, it wasn't what I wanted and it has caused a whole load of wasted time and money but this is barely Brexit at all.

We'll gradually recoup the initial monetary cost over time so the only downside is following ECJ directives to keep this deal going but with no say on them.

Once the result of the referendum was clear this is the best outcome that remainers could have hoped for in my opinion.

I doubt remainers are too gutted by this.

I accepted the result of the referendum, it wasn't what I wanted and it has caused a whole load of wasted time and money but this is barely Brexit at all.

We'll gradually recoup the initial monetary cost over time so the only downside is following ECJ directives to keep this deal going but with no say on them.

Once the result of the referendum was clear this is the best outcome that remainers could have hoped for in my opinion.

While don’t agree its barely Brexit at all I’m pleased your happy, let’s hope other remainers feel the same, and let’s get this deal agreed and move on.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I listened to Marr this morning and listened to Starmer it’s clear he’s sick as a parrot on the agreed cabinet stance it’s clears he’s another Japanese sniper in the jungle it’s clear he wants us to remain the Labour Party stance if he’s towing that line is a complete joke and completely unworkable and if Jeremy has the same view as Kier Starmer on Brexit then I’m a China man. If labour ever get in power it’ll be an utter shambles making the Tory party spat lookike a garden party.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I listened to Marr this morning and listened to Starmer it’s clear he’s sick as a parrot on the agreed cabinet stance it’s clears he’s another Japanese sniper in the jungle it’s clear he wants us to remain the Labour Party stance if he’s towing that line is a complete joke and completely unworkable and if Jeremy has the same view as Kier Starmer on Brexit then I’m a China man. If labour ever get in power it’ll be an utter shambles making the Tory party spat lookike a garden party.

So you are happy with are still bound by EU law both now and in the future and have agreed to give up power to change them?

That’s the Brexit you wanted. Being out of the EU in name, but accepting their regulations, trade rules and laws.

Sounds like you see politics like sport. Winning at all costs, and when you don’t spinning it as a win.

The proposal May has bought forwards means we gain nothing from this whole process. The whole point of it is damage limitation. She’s calling people like you idiots. It’s a ‘let’s pretend’ Brexit. As very clearly outlined in the legal analysis above.

So you are happy with are still bound by EU law both now and in the future and have agreed to give up power to change them?

That’s the Brexit you wanted. Being out of the EU in name, but accepting their regulations, trade rules and laws.

Sounds like you see politics like sport. Winning at all costs, and when you don’t spinning it as a win.

The proposal May has bought forwards means we gain nothing from this whole process. The whole point of it is damage limitation. She’s calling people like you idiots. It’s a ‘let’s pretend’ Brexit. As very clearly outlined in the legal analysis above.

You are a bit clueless I suggest you read it again and again maybe you’ll then understand it. I’ll not hold my breath though.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Do you want to lose another bet.???? Give it up fella as a bad job.

Dismiss it if you want but if we abide by the 'common rule book' we can't negotiate a trade deal with the US unless the EU change their stance on such things as allowing chicken that is washed in chlorine to be imported into the UK. We will be bound by EU rules and i thought you wanted to be free? By the way the EU haven't even discussed the White Paper yet and i am sure there will be further pushbacks so let's see the final (and agreed) deal before you pay me your dues Edited by Salford Trotter

Interesting in the sense that it backs up precisely what I’m saying. We are staying in the EU in all but name. Are agreeing to be bound by their laws and regulatory rules and have no power to change them.

After reading it, I’m of the view that May will not be able to get this to float.

However, as he says, we await the detail of White Paper.

My preferred options were as follows.

1) Stay in the EU

2) If we're coming out - come properly out

3) What we're likely to end up with as a result of May's compromise.

The 'patriots' on here have set our country back more than any foreign invader ever has.

After reading it, I’m of the view that May will not be able to get this to float.

However, as he says, we await the detail of White Paper.

She won’t get it as it stands. It will be watered down further in favour of the EU. In essence she’s laid out a soft Brexit that will transform into an even softer one or no deal.

My preferred options were as follows.

1) Stay in the EU

2) If we're coming out - come properly out

3) What we're likely to end up with as a result of May's compromise.

The 'patriots' on here have set our country back more than any foreign invader ever has.

Just read that back to yourself.

You can't really think half a dozen posters on a Bolton message board are worse than Nazi Germany.

Dismiss it if you want but if we abide by the 'common rule book' we can't negotiate a trade deal with the US unless the EU change their stance on such things as allowing chicken that is washed in chlorine to be imported into the UK. We will be bound by EU rules and i thought you wanted to be free? By the way the EU haven't even discussed the White Paper yet and i am sure there will be further pushbacks so let's see the final (and agreed) deal before you pay me your dues

Had enough of discussing this with you it’s virtually all over fella come out of the jungle it’s all going to be agreed and it’s going to be a common sense Brexit and we should all welcome that and we are free of an unneccesary cartel one that you were happy to let rule us and make decisions on our people’s behalf. Your start point and continued illusionary position is bordering on clinical insanity I have no wish to continue debate with you or folk entrenched in your mind set. Cheerio fella enjoy your blue passport, continued UK economic success and the freedom Brexiteers will have won for you when the deal is signed and sealed. ????????

Just read that back to yourself.

You can't really think half a dozen posters on a Bolton message board are worse than Nazi Germany.

Ask me in 10 years. Of course I don't think they're 'worse'. But I think Brexit will diminish out standing on the world stage more than World War 2 did. Particularly if we opt for an route that doesn't even give us a chance to excel - like the one we look like we're going down. Hamstrung.

But Mounts I thought out meant out, and what fuck freedoms have they won us, nothing will have changed ... will expect the name

Compare the position we’re currently in and the stance agreed by the cabinet then come back to me with a sensible post.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Compare the position we’re currently in and the stance agreed by a fr cabinet then come back to me with a sensible post.

As you've said to me several times before, you're wasting your time with them.

At the root of it they don't believe in this country and they are incapable of being optimistic about its future. They hate the nation state and in their self proclaimed sophistication find it distasteful that people identify with it. It is a mindset and psyche that would never have existed 30 years ago or any time before. It's about more than the EU. It's about sensibilities and being constrained in to a narrow world view and being incapable of free thought by surrounding yourself with politically correct tripwires - one of which is this bizarre pledging of loyalty to a moribund, soulless bureaucratic monolith that has no connection with the man or woman on the street. You get the impression they'd prefer that the EU had reached the semi-finals of the World Cup.

As you've said to me several times before, you're wasting your time with them.

At the root of it they don't believe in this country and they are incapable of being optimistic about its future. They hate the nation state and in their self proclaimed sophistication find it distasteful that people identify with it. It is a mindset and psyche that would never have existed 30 years ago or any time before. It's about more than the EU. It's about sensibilities and being constrained in to a narrow world view and being incapable of free thought by surrounding yourself with politically correct tripwires - one of which is this bizarre pledging of loyalty to a moribund, soulless bureaucratic monolith that has no connection with the man or woman on the street. You get the impression they'd prefer that the EU had reached the semi-finals of the World Cup.

Oh dear. Could you come out with any more clichés?

What I'm arguing is exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting. As a nation - we can make a go of it independently (needless as that might be, but that's where you've landed us). But it would be a lot easier if we didn't have one foot still in the EU via the back door

I can't believe you would be happy with this. It's the worst of all worlds.

It’s a pointless discussion now. All the things Brexiteers wanted have been thrown out by May. They can’t bring themselves to accept that on this board for some very weird reason. Probably because they are utterly embarrasssed and claiming a win is more important than all the things they claimed would be delivered but haven’t been.