Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

The cabinet has agreed the deal they want....The EU will water it down further, I think we all know that....unless we have the balls to tell them to piss off and go with "No Deal"

The version that May gas outlined, and suits people who wanted to remain more than those who wanted to leave it have thought. Which is a bit fucked up.

I'd expect the likes of Farage, JRM, Gove and Boris to come out and massively oppose it in the next few days. If Boris and Gove say nothing, then that shows that they're every bit as piss weak as TM is.

Like has been said above by some, I voted to stay, and "lost" so have accepted it and now just want us to get on with it and leave, and I'm very annoyed that there isn't anybody "in power" who wants us to, or who is prepared to stand up and be counted and explain to the nation what's actually going on and why they are happy to go for this soft Brexit.

Does "Brexit means Brexit" still stand?

Come on Mounts name those freedoms we are going to get that we don't have now, that's all I ask.

I asked you to check and then ask a sensible question I know the difference between what we currently have and the stance the cabinet have adopted in order to finally bring this matter to a close.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

As you've said to me several times before, you're wasting your time with them.

At the root of it they don't believe in this country and they are incapable of being optimistic about its future. They hate the nation state and in their self proclaimed sophistication find it distasteful that people identify with it. It is a mindset and psyche that would never have existed 30 years ago or any time before. It's about more than the EU. It's about sensibilities and being constrained in to a narrow world view and being incapable of free thought by surrounding yourself with politically correct tripwires - one of which is this bizarre pledging of loyalty to a moribund, soulless bureaucratic monolith that has no connection with the man or woman on the street. You get the impression they'd prefer that the EU had reached the semi-finals of the World Cup.

Utter nonsense. No one I know loves the EU.

I voted Remain because I was not convinced what the benefits of leaving really are. It seems I am in same position as many others.

Clear some peoples ideology is that getting rid of ties to EU is worth the risk but until a deal is agreed there is no economic reason to leave. Simply because without a deal it can not be quantified.

Comparing leavers to nazis is pretty thick though.

Immigration was the deciding factor in the vote though.

Exactly..he can't accept he has been taken for a ride

Last post in response to you.

Out of the common fisheries policiy

Out of the Common Agricultural policy

Control of immigration

No more EU contributions after the agreed period

Tariff Free trade area

Out of the customs union

Out of the single market

No EU jurisdiction except on trading regulations

No cliff edge

No economic crisis

Lower unemployment

A shiny new blue ???????? passport

Tell me what you forecast that came true? I’ll tell you fuck all.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

And Mount's I asked you to name those freedoms ( come one you must have 100's lined up), I would like to know when I come back to the UK how much better off I will be then when I left 10 years ago and before you asked I left because engineering was fucked, its still fucked and will be still fucked in another 10 years, and that had nothing to do with the EU

Last post in response to you.

Out of the common fisheries policiy

Out of the Common Agricultural policy

Control of immigration

No more EU contributions after the agreed period

Tariff Free trade area

Out of the customs union

Out of the single market

No EU jurisdiction except on trading regulations

No cliff edge

No economic crisis

Lower unemployment

A shiny new blue ???????? passport

Tell me what you forecast that came true? I’ll tell you fuck all.

You say all that and nothing has been agreed with the EU yet. Shall we wait until it has ALL been agreed and then you can tell me what we have achieved and how much better off we are?

And Mount's I asked you to name those freedoms ( come one you must have 100's lined up), I would like to know when I come back to the UK how much better off I will be then when I left 10 years ago and before you asked I left because engineering was fucked, its still fucked and will be still fucked in another 10 years, and that had nothing to do with the EU

What’s these freedoms you papping on about? See post above last post to you as well. I’m wasting my time.

I’m happy it’s a softish Brexit so we should both be happy. It’s a sunny day I feel great let’s rejoice in the beautiful British summer time. ???? Good bye. ????????

Mounts I don't see you mouthing of about British company's losing their freedom to choice where they do business because for your mate Trump, why are you not up in arms about that are you happy for the USA to tell then what they can and cant do

If i knew what you were on about I might be able to respond.

Possibly because he has a Dutch mother and a Spanish wife?

And they met working in the EU at senior levels. Not being funny but I’d take their opinion over someone who knows an awful lot about 1950s athetics meets in Derby and posts on a small Bolton Wanderers Internet forum.

In his resignation letter, Mr Davis told Mrs May "the current trend of policy and tactics" was making it "look less and less likely" that the UK would leave the customs union and single market.

Mounts will be along in a short while to tell us it’s akl fine, that Davis doesn’t know what he’s talking about and is a traitor to the country.....

Nobody who supported Brexit can in any faith support what has been proposed. Davis the leading Tory Brexiteer and chief negotiator has further embarrassed May. Rees Mogg now suggesting the ‘plan’ won’t receive backing from any Tory Brexiteer MPs and hence won’t pass a parliamentary vote.

What a mess.