Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s why I said there might be special case made as its exceptional circumstances. Rules can be changed nothing is set in stone especially to keep the peace. 

No - you cannot change the rules. You apply them or exist outside the WTO. 

• Site Supporter

It may have been missed, but I'll say it again.

There are over 200 open roads and lanes between the EU (Ireland) and the UK (Northern Ireland) that are unpatrolled, unmonitored and once we leave the EU.

Ireland will drive any unwanted immigrants over the border themselves and wish them well. They will not want them in Ireland.

I'm getting this first hand off my Irish contacts who used to be customers.

They are pissing themselves at us. Absolutely fucking besides themselves with hilarity at what's going on.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, royal white said:

You don’t have to give a fuck if you like men women and kids getting killed. Most people would like a BREXIT without a war. But As long as your business is doing good though hey! 

Tough shit.

There's always winners and losers isn't there?

I'm only basing this on Mount's general approach to such things. He's taught me to be tough and have a spine.

So, tough shit.

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Well tough shit it won’t be going back to ireland.

So as mounts says -  man up and grow a spine 

No one will win

Brexiteers will feel cheated

remainers will insist we’ve fucked up.

but, you know, tough shit.

37 minutes ago, Spider said:

We could just always give Ulster back to Ireland.

It would solve a great many headaches.

32 minutes ago, royal white said:

And cause a war :)

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tough shit

Why should I give a fuck?

Spitfires Spider, we'd need more Spitfires

Perhaps a war would be good for the economy, especially if we buy all the missiles and bombs and shit from UK companies

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Ireland will drive any unwanted immigrants over the border themselves and wish them well. They will not want them in Ireland.

I'm getting this first hand off my Irish contacts who used to be customers.

They are pissing themselves at us. Absolutely fucking besides themselves with hilarity at what's going on.

I really don't get this or your customers hilarity. They can drive their unwanted immigrants over the border now. As can we, in their direction should we want to.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I really don't get this or your customers hilarity. They can drive their unwanted immigrants over the border now. As can we, in their direction should we want to.

But Mounts wants that to stop.

What don’t you understand?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Well tough shit it won’t be going back to ireland.

So as mounts says -  man up and grow a spine 

Brexit makes the possibility more likely in the future than if it wasn’t happening I’d say. 

The solution of the border being in the sea would be good , solve the border issue and probably fly if the government didn’t rely on DUP support.

the DUP don’t even represent all unionists, let alone all Northern Ireland.

that snap election will probably haunt TM 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

But Mounts wants that to stop.

What don’t you understand?

What's causing the hilarity?

There aren't thousands of unwanted immigrants coming from Ireland into the north now. I don't see why there would be post brexit with no border.

Perhaps it's a humour thing?

12 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Brexit makes the possibility more likely in the future than if it wasn’t happening I’d say. 

The solution of the border being in the sea would be good , solve the border issue and probably fly if the government didn’t rely on DUP support.

the DUP don’t even represent all unionists, let alone all Northern Ireland.

that snap election will probably haunt TM 

In opposing the "border in the sea" , i'd guess that the DUP do represent the views of all unionists by objecting to any kind of border being created between Northern Ireland & the rest of the UK, unlike any other part of the UK.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

In opposing the "border in the sea" , i'd guess that the DUP do represent the views of all unionists by objecting to any kind of border being created between Northern Ireland & the rest of the UK, unlike any other part of the UK.

Thats true on the issue in principal I agree, it certainly would be a Unionist stand point, however, there’s an opinion from polls ( I know it’s just polls reality may be different) that the majority in NI would rather see that than a return to border controls, so there must be unionists included in that also.

29 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Well unless all the boats currently aiming for Lampedusa and assorted Greek islands set sail instead for Cork, then I don't see there being any difference to how things are now.

That misses the point

the EU want us in the CU, so as to keep making money out of us. And they want ensure that the UK has no advantage over them when we leave.

they feel that more concessions are in the air, so will just keep pushing back.

macron is a key player here, despite having a massive trade surplus with us.  A scorched earth strategy. Did it work for Napoleon?

Edited by boltondiver

16 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Thats true on the issue in principal I agree, it certainly would be a Unionist stand point, however, there’s an opinion from polls ( I know it’s just polls reality may be different) that the majority in NI would rather see that than a return to border controls, so there must be unionists included in that also.

I can see a united Ireland within the next 10 years