Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Absolutely loads of them on the train and tube on my way in. Stations closed due to overcrowding.

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Absolutely loads of them on the train and tube on my way in. Stations closed due to overcrowding.

It was trending on Twitter earlier ( Where we all know the real news is)

Its now gone and Alfonso Ribeiro’s gif is now trending as he’s on Strictly.

Edited by Boby Brno

I’m sure we spent about three months on the original ‘in or out’ thread, talking about the ‘£350m a week’ quote being bollocks. That was before the vote 

proper old ground that, not sure why it’s being revisited 

I think the consensus was, £350m a week is our contribution, less what we get back from the EU, gave a NET figure that was less than half of the original sum. Annualised,  it was two bits of fuck all in the grand scheme of public sector spending 

certainly not enough to ‘make the country great again’ or any bollocks like that 

11 hours ago, royal white said:

Why would I? Its a  Simple question when that bus pulled up with 350 million on the side did you start saying then it was a lie or did you, like a masssive majority of the remain lot wait till after they lost

Not one single sane person in the country thought the whole £350m bit was true. Basic economics told you it was bollocks... Even piss poor maths tells you it's in excess of 18B a year. Not one single person believed that we sent that out with no return (other than Mounts and Bolty)

• Site Supporter

Farage acknowledged it wasn't accurate before the referendum. The more realistic figure of around £180m was then talked about.

That not withstanding, the majority still voted out.

Albeit that plenty of bollocks was bandied about, there was still plenty of information available for folk to make a reasonable judgement.

8 hours ago, Moon boy said:

there is no going back, People’s March my arse

Correct. We're leaving and we need to get on with it.

Marching....ridiculous. Those who want to reverse the vote have to piss off, the country decided. Absolute scrotes like Antifa and FLA need to also get a grip and do something a bit more constructive with their time.

Just now, Sweep said:

Marching....ridiculous. Those who want to reverse the vote have to piss off, the country decided. Absolute scrotes like Antifa and FLA need to also get a grip and do something a bit more constructive with their time.

If 17.5 million marched I’d take notice

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Welcome pragmatism.

Let's be honest. Nobody would ever go on one of the marches. I know Miami pretends he does, but he's far to intelligent to get involved in that sort of shit. Folk who march are either racist, simple or clinging on to some sort of hooligan youth. All you need to do is look at them. Even this FLA mob couldn't wait to kick off last week. They're just a bunch of frustrated 45+ year olds who need something to do now that FV is out of fashion

• Members
On 19/10/2018 at 17:24, Sweep said:

Would we bollocks, have you seen the fuckwits running the country, they're incapable of sorting anything out in "no time flat"

You're probably too young to remember. Pre Common Market (highlighted because that is what we actually voted to enter - not a surreptitious federalisation plan) we were masters of our own destiny. Without the help of the Continentals (in fact in some cases, in spite of) we managed to build an empire on which the sun never set and had expansive trade deals around the world.

Do you seriously believe that we could't fast track some deals - especially where it would be politically expedient for the trading partner to do so?

No one in their right mind would say there'd be no pain. That would be fucking idiotic. Short term pain for long term gain. The faster we get on with it, the sooner pain turns to gain.

• Members
14 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

You whine like a bitch about everything you don't agree with as far as i can see. The thread the other day pretty much summed that up

The whining is from Remoaners. The Leavers only respond to it/

• Members
4 hours ago, Sweep said:

Not one single sane person in the country thought the whole £350m bit was true. Basic economics told you it was bollocks... Even piss poor maths tells you it's in excess of 18B a year. Not one single person believed that we sent that out with no return (other than Mounts and Bolty)

Don't be a fucking idiot. I am way too long in the tooth to swallow political spin from any side and every fucker with an ounce of grey matter knows that both sides spewed out exaggerated claims. Project Fear from your side was/is a prime example.

No different to a GE really. All sorts of extravagant claims that any old man in the pub would take with a massive pinch of salt.

9 hours ago, Sweep said:

Let's be honest. Nobody would ever go on one of the marches. I know Miami pretends he does, but he's far to intelligent to get involved in that sort of shit. Folk who march are either racist, simple or clinging on to some sort of hooligan youth. All you need to do is look at them. Even this FLA mob couldn't wait to kick off last week. They're just a bunch of frustrated 45+ year olds who need something to do now that FV is out of fashion

I pretend do I ?

Pretty sure I’ve uploaded links where I’m seen on the main one last year in London which was very peaceful indeed without a single arrest.

The ones on them now have spoilt it for many people myself included.

My last one was the Al Quds Day counter protest in June....we delayed the Hamas /Hezbollah supporting scum from marching for 2hours and 45minutes.

Now, watch those links I’ve provided elsewhere where they call for annihilation of Israel just like they did in June in London.......and see who the real racists are fella ....

You can apologise to me when you do, unless of course you’re happy seeing Hamas and Hezbollah flags being waved on the streets of our country ?

milego dnia.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You're probably too young to remember. Pre Common Market (highlighted because that is what we actually voted to enter - not a surreptitious federalisation plan) we were masters of our own destiny. Without the help of the Continentals (in fact in some cases, in spite of) we managed to build an empire on which the sun never set and had expansive trade deals around the world.

Do you seriously believe that we could't fast track some deals - especially where it would be politically expedient for the trading partner to do so?

No one in their right mind would say there'd be no pain. That would be fucking idiotic. Short term pain for long term gain. The faster we get on with it, the sooner pain turns to gain.

Yet again, you show us that you haven’t really moved on from life 50 years ago. We live in a different world now. Sandals and socks are a thing of the past.

The strength of trading powers such as the EU and China are incomparable to how they were in the decades in which you live. We will make trade deals, but the days of the empire you’re describing are gone. Life has moved on and it’s about time you did too. 

A genuine question for you - if you actually ever see this (because you blocked me many months ago) - who will be our strong trading partners? Who’s going to be signing up to a bumper trade deal with us, ahead of the US, China, the EU? What sort of trade deal do you reckon Uncle Donald will give us - when he’s pulling out of deals left, right and centre because they aren’t in America’s favour?

29 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Yet again, you show us that you haven’t really moved on from life 50 years ago. We live in a different world now. Sandals and socks are a thing of the past.

The strength of trading powers such as the EU and China are incomparable to how they were in the decades in which you live. We will make trade deals, but the days of the empire you’re describing are gone. Life has moved on and it’s about time you did too. 

A genuine question for you - if you actually ever see this (because you blocked me many months ago) - who will be our strong trading partners? Who’s going to be signing up to a bumper trade deal with us, ahead of the US, China, the EU? What sort of trade deal do you reckon Uncle Donald will give us - when he’s pulling out of deals left, right and centre because they aren’t in America’s favour?

For example China and the US  face lots of tariffs importing their goods into the EU if we set our tariffs lower than the EU do you think they might be interested in doing a deal? The EU is protectionist and 1 country can veto a deal, when we leave we are not part of a group of countries reliant on everyone agreeing a deal, this makes deals hard to do with the EU.  Therefore it’s very likely US and China will want a deal (we are 5/6 biggest world economy not Malta) and that it will be agreed much quicker than a deal between 27 countries. Can you wrap your head round that? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper