Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's arguing we delay article 50 and try to stay....

I was referring to his analysis of why we should get out. Not always easy quoting, chopping things on a phone!

Have a splendid day!

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Notwithstanding that it might cost me a fortune, this is a most exciting and stimulating time.

Right in the middle of history unfolding.

It is indeed a fascinating, unique situation. The best and sadly the worst of politics.

In years to come, they'll be discussing this in economics and politics lectures up and down the land.

16 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Why leave it until then? 

;)

ERG can't even agree amongst themselves. Some putting letters in, others saying "no point as we can't topple her".

How many Tory factions is that now? 4? They all hate each other too. They surely cannot be considered as a party capable of leading the country anymore. 

I think the best solution here is moderate Tories, Lib Dems, SNP and Labour centre lefts to come together, work together and fuck off the extremist elements of their various parties. Form a government and deliver Brexit before standing down and going back for  GE. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

;)

ERG can't even agree amongst themselves. Some putting letters in, others saying "no point as we can't topple her".

How many Tory factions is that now? 4? They all hate each other two. They surely cannot be considered as a party capable of leading the country anymore. 

I think the best solution here is moderate Tories, Lib Dems, SNP and Labour centre lefts to come together, work together and fuck off the extremist elements of their various parties. Form a government and deliver Brexit before standing down and going back for  GE. 

I never thought i'd say but i will not support a Conservative party led by Boris Johnson or his ilk. Time for a centrist party to rise from the political ashes

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

I never thought i'd say but i will not support a Conservative party led by Boris Johnson or his ilk. Time for a centrist party to rise from the political ashes

Haven't time for a new party. Need the moderate elements of the existing ones to come together to deliver a moderate Brexit that can win parliamentary backing. Needs the elements of those parties to work together. 

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There might be a majority for a good deal though. 

The only majority in the HoC is for a closer deal than that which May has negotiated. One that appeals to Labour, Lib Dem and SNP MPs and Tory remainers. That is the majority in the HoC for a Brexit. Something where SM access is in alongside CU membership. Anything other than that is clearly impossible now via the house. 

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

We won't though. As I've been saying for at least 12 months - we'll leave by default next March, and will be utterly fucked. Life is about to change, and not for the better. It's a national tragedy. 

You have been pretty consistent with that but you did also say that the plan was to leave without a deal and blame it on the EUs intransigence.  At the moment we're blaming each other!

You also said May was a Brexiteer at heart. If today has shown anything it's shown how hard she's worked to get an acceptable compromise and remain close to the EU

13 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

You have been pretty consistent with that but you did also say that the plan was to leave without a deal and blame it on the EUs intransigence.  At the moment we're blaming each other!

5 hours ago, tkonion said:

I don't believe that an acceptable deal with the EU is possible due to their intransigence. That is why, in my opinion, we shouldn't waste any more time with them.