Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, boltondiver said:

There's a perfectly good deal waiting for us under WTO. It's right to explore the optons, but we need to move on and forget about the corrupt EU, who will never understand win/win.

Watched Raab earlier on Andrew Marr. Some interesting revelations and reasoning; if TM could get a couple of tweaks then it might be more welcomed.

I'm still torn; take the lesser deal now and mover things moving, or take a risk and try to remove the stumbling blocks that are causing such consternation?

Shani Chakrabarti got a going over, indeed it started to get heated. At least some of her true colour came through.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Watched Raab earlier on Andrew Marr. Some interesting revelations and reasoning; if TM could get a couple of tweaks then it might be more welcomed.

I'm still torn; take the lesser deal now and mover things moving, or take a risk and try to remove the stumbling blocks that are causing such consternation?

Shani Chakrabarti got a going over, indeed it started to get heated. At least some of her true colour came through.

Labour offer nothing of substance to this debate with a sole objective of being the spoiler hoping they'll some how manage to get a GE out of it. 

29 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Labour offer nothing of substance to this debate with a sole objective of being the spoiler hoping they'll some how manage to get a GE out of it. 

That’s true. But then they offered to support negotiations and were told no. Not sure anyone offers much substance. 

21 hours ago, Cheese said:

HAHAHAHAHA Nadine Dories has only just understood that that we'll have no MEP's after Brexit. Brexiters really are the brightest and the best. :D

I don't know who the "we" are in the above.

Clearly the UK will not have MEPs from the day we leave until the EU elections in May 2019.

But at that point Ireland gains 2 additional MEPs for Norther Ireland! Currently NI has 3 - 1 each for SF, DUP and UUP.

SF will certainly gain a seat, maybe even both if the Unionists boycott the election. It would be really, really good if Farage stood as an independent and gained the second seat, leaving the EU Parliament with another 5 years of his interventions while we get on with life.

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Raab as PM?

The bell didn’t realise that Dover to Calais was important to trade. 

Clearly he did - and when you hear it in context you might wonder what all the fuss was about. 

Another load of bollocks in the same vein as Diane Abbot can't count etc. 

I disagree with Raab a lot. On a lot of things. But he’s a different class of politician  compared to May and Corbyn. He’s the sort of person the Labour Party would fear.

I’d fear where he’d leave us, but certainly he’d have far more pragmatic conviction than the current lot offer. Frankly there aren’t many on either side who I’d let run a bath let alone their party. 

23 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I disagree with Raab a lot. On a lot of things. But he’s a different class of politician  compared to May and Corbyn. He’s the sort of person the Labour Party would fear.

I’d fear where he’d leave us, but certainly he’d have far more pragmatic conviction than the current lot offer. Frankly there aren’t many on either side who I’d let run a bath let alone their party. 

I’d be more worried where Corbyn will leave you myself. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d be more worried where Corbyn will leave you myself. 

Corbyn is never getting in so it’s a moot point. I personally think he’d address some glaring problems in society before some scandal led to him being ousted if he ever by some miracle did make it.

He might scare some big business, just like Brexit......

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

He said

“I hadn’t quite understood the full extent of this, but if you look at the UK and look at how we trade in goods, we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing”

Yep  can see how the media would mis-report that  

I suggest you watch his interview on the Andrew Marr show. Presumably it'll be on I player.

Like a lot of stuff at the moment, the media player likes to play snippets and make assumptions without a great deal of investigation.

As kent says above, he clearly did know of the importance of that trade route.

20 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Permanently inebriated and there are those on the remain side who would kiss his arse.

No doubt likes pricey tipples too at your expense - snout in the trough.

They are totally tapped eh mate ?

You’ve  got to do the Warsaw trip next year with us.....priceless mate.

Polska......now the EU’s fastest growing economy............it’ll get more bites than Jaws Formby :D

21 hours ago, Cheese said:

Such a failed project that our government are scrapping to stay as closely tied to it as possible. Don't worry, you'll see what a "failed project" looks like in 4 months when "Brexit" gets over the finish line. Your idols will be bathing in champagne while you're queueing up for a pint of milk. 

Your idol Juncker has been pissing champagne for many years at your expense.....:D

You brainwashed cretin,

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Your idol Juncker has been pissing champagne for many years at your expense.....:D

You brainwashed cretin,

I don't have any idols. Go on a march for Tommy, you silly old racist clown. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s really swallowed project fear hook, line and sinker.  Let’s revisit his pint of milk prediction on April 1st 2019.

Our government believe it though. May said her insulin was at risk should we end up with no deal. Would she say that if she didn't believe it?