Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I know how democracy works. I also know a condescending twat when I see one. 

Swear all you want, but you clearly don’t as is proved above.

Just pointing out where someone has their facts slightly wrong isn’t condescending, it’s simply putting a truth in front of them, if you think that’s condescension then give up watching the news, reading books, learning anything new at all.

seems a rather embattled position to leave yourself in though.

I was asked the other night what we could do with regards to the cut in the police budget.........here’s a relatively simple solution...

Cut foreign aid.......

Are folk aware we actually commit more to foreign aid than we do in actually commiting to policing the whole of the UK ?

Here’s the facts :

https://fullfact.org/crime/police-funding-england-and-wales/

https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-spending-foreign-aid/

Now....look at the countries on the top of the list for receiving foreign aid..........hmmmm, I wonder what most have in common ?

Could it be terrorism links, hate of western life,home of most of the IS terrorists ?

And yet we fund these pricks more than our police forces,especially at a time when crime levels and certain murder rates are spiralling our od control.

Simple solution isn’t it ?

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I was asked the other night what we could do with regards to the cut in the police budget.........here’s a relatively simple solution...

Cut foreign aid.......

Are folk aware we actually commit more to foreign aid than we do in actually commiting to policing the whole of the UK ?

Here’s the facts :

Now....look at the countries on the top of the list for receiving foreign aid..........hmmmm, I wonder what most have in common ?

Could it be terrorism links, hate of western life,home of most of the IS terrorists ?

And yet we fund these pricks more than our police forces,especially at a time when crime levels and certain murder rates are spiralling our od control.

Not quite so simple as that but I agree that less should be going abroad in 'aid' than is spent on our rozzers. 

I understand the need for foreign aid but not at the expense of our own system

4 hours ago, Spider said:

A quick update from the real world.

Travis Perkins has just announced it is selling 5 of it's heating & plumbing businesses. They are pointing the finger at Brexit (I will caveat this by saying that that won't be the whole reason, but is certainly a part - track their share price since June 2016......)

These companies (BSS, PTS, City Plumbing, F&P, Plumbnation) employ thousands of people.

The timing of this is as rank as its potential to cause the loss of many hundreds of jobs.

The vote hasn't worked for Travis Perkins. Not Breixt - the vote itself has caused this.

Sorry S, but I work in the game and will have to disagree with you here.

Travis Perkins are notorious for ridiculously high prices and are nowhere as near as competitive as similar groups such as SIG.

Normal tradesmen don’t go anywhere near Perkins....I’d rather shop at Dorothy Perkins.

They can blame who and what they like....the real truth is their sky high prices.

They are shit.

just like the French and MSM are trying to blame fuel prices etc for the riots over there..l..what a load of old cobblers......speak to the folk on the streets there and get their opinion.

1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

Not quite so simple as that but I agree that less should be going abroad in 'aid' than is spent on our rozzers. 

I understand the need for foreign aid but not at the expense of our own system

Fucking hell.....did you receive a bang to the head on Saturday :D

• Moderators

I'd be all for cutting foreign aid in order to resolve the issues we have we policing and anything else that is currently having a detrimental effect on UK society

To compromise we can let a few more in, as we'll have the police numbers in place to keep an eye on them

4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'd be all for cutting foreign aid in order to resolve the issues we have we policing and anything else that is currently having a detrimental effect on UK society

To compromise we can let a few more in, as we'll have the police numbers in place to keep an eye on them

Totally agree mate, but let the ones in who actually want to work and contribute to our society and not those who want to fleece us, sponge off the system and impose their own backdated and backwards laws into our place......Sharia Law anyone.....can’t beat a good stoning to death or divorce after saying it three times eh ?

Our slinger on site in Cheadle is from Nigeria, a lovely chap who’s been here years....lives in Wythenshawe and almost speaks like a Manc now.

Folk like him are a credit to diversity..

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Cut foreign aid.......

Here’s the facts :

No, it's not simple at all, and it has nothing to do with our EU membership either.

Labelling everyone who is unfortunate enough to be born in a 3rd world country as "pricks" says more about you than it does them. 

23 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Swear all you want, but you clearly don’t as is proved above.

Just pointing out where someone has their facts slightly wrong isn’t condescending, it’s simply putting a truth in front of them, if you think that’s condescension then give up watching the news, reading books, learning anything new at all.

seems a rather embattled position to leave yourself in though.

Yep, quite clearly condescending twat was on the money. 

Just now, Cheese said:

No, it's not simple at all, and it has nothing to do with our EU membership either.

Labelling everyone who is unfortunate enough to be born in a 3rd world country as "pricks" says more about you than it does them. 

Haha.......got a big one on the end of my line......knew he’d bite.....:D

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Haha.......got a big one on the end of my line......knew he’d bite.....:D

Well done. At least you admit your argument is nonsense and you were purely "fishing". Weird hobby, but enjoy. 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Well done. At least you admit your argument is nonsense and you were purely "fishing". Weird hobby, but enjoy. 

Argument ? 

Mine was pure fact as the official statistics show old bean...ones even a Dumbo :D like you can’t deny...

Just thought I’d put a few condiments in to goad you.

Time I bathed now, but I will return in a hour or so with even more facts to haunt and annoy you with......chin chin Brucie.

10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

When you read up on how some of the foreign aid has actually been spent , it’s actually farcical isn’t it ?

Do our  government even research who it is being sent to ? :D

The aid itself isn't spent on the space programs and stuff but the fact we are funding schemes for the less fortunate in these countries whilst their government spunks money up the wall is ridiculous. 

That said our government is shit at that too. 

1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

The aid itself isn't spent on the space programs and stuff but the fact we are funding schemes for the less fortunate in these countries whilst their government spunks money up the wall is ridiculous. 

That said our government is shit at that too. 

Totally agree Betty.

Have a google at what some of our aid was actually spent on, stuff like a private jet for a dictator....it’s beyond farcical.

Look at Adam Smith International too.......they were using it on groups connected to IS........couldn’t script it.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Argument ? 

Mine was pure fact as the official statistics show old bean...ones even a Dumbo :D like you can’t deny...

Just thought I’d put a few condiments in to goad you.

Time I bathed now, but I will return in a hour or so with even more facts to haunt and annoy you with......chin chin Brucie.

When you do, please explain how this has anything to do with us being in the EU.

Edited by Cheese

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

When you do, please explain how this has anything to do with us being in the EU.

I never said it did ......just answering your question as to how the failure of a London Mayor could do a better job if he had better funds.

Keep it here instead of spending it on “pricks” who hate the west,want to bomb us,whilst burning our flags etc and don’t want to conform to our laws yet are more than happy to take our money.

Not all are pricks.....there’s plenty of decent folk in those countries and plenty of decent Christians there too...but most are despised by the natives......are they not ?

Check those facts fella....see you later when I’m clean x

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

I never said it did ......just answering your question as to how the failure of a London Mayor could do a better job if he had better funds.

Keep it here instead of spending it on “pricks” who hate the west,want to bomb us,whilst burning our flags etc and don’t want to conform to our laws yet are more than happy to take our money.

Not all are pricks.....there’s plenty of decent folk in those countries and plenty of decent Christians there too...but most are despised by the natives......are they not ?

Check those facts fella....see you later when I’m clean x

This thread is about Brexit. Now you're insinuating the Mayor of London decides how much Foreign Aid our Government gives to 3rd world countries. Are you scraping the barrel or what?

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

This thread is about Brexit. Now you're insinuating the Mayor of London decides how much Foreign Aid our Government gives to 3rd world countries. Are you scraping the barrel or what?

Did I say that ?

i implied he may have more funds available if our govt decided to allocate more to policing than foreign aid......I think everyone on here can see that apart from one typhlotc cretin.