Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nearly right but not quite, I’ve said a deal will get sorted, but I never ever said a lot better off. 

Oh yes you did. You said the EU would see sense and sign mutually beneficial deals on the withdrawal and subsequent trade deal (though i still believe you mix these up). You also said we'd sign so many lucrative trade deals with the rest of the world that we would be bathing in them but as ever you have picked up the goal posts and shifted them onto the next pitch when the reality kicks in

Edited by Salford Trotter

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Exactly. :) 

Brussels and Paris ablaze, yet it’s all down to “fuel prices” haha.,,,,folk believe anything the biased media say.

Folk should look at what is written on the hi viz vests of the protestors......it’s all anti EU......Europe is awoke....millions rising and being redpilled....

Britain were the Visionaries as always.....lovely to see 

40 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Oh yes you did. You said the EU would see sense and sign mutually beneficial deals on the withdrawal and subsequent trade deal (though i still believe you mix these up). You also said we'd sign so many lucrative trade deals with the rest of the world that we would be bathing in them but as ever you have picked up the goal posts and shifted them onto the next pitch when the reality kicks in

I think you mix me up with someone else,  I’ve always said we’d be no worse off, i said a deal will be agreed as it’s beneficial to both sides to do a deal. I’ve not really mentioned trade deals that much, but if we leave and can either diverge or escape ECJ law then we will sign good trade deals. 

Youve said we we would never get a deal, that’s already an incorrect prediction. 

I will also remind you of what you said.

we wouldn’t end free movement.

we wouldn’t have tariff free trade outside the custom union. 

we wouldn’t be able to  end payments to the EU. 

We couldn’t regain our fishing waters or change the agricultural policy. 

The current deal on the table isn’t yet acceptable but all the above is set out in the withdrawal agreement. 

There’s work to do and May probably won’t see it through, but we’re damn site closer to my view on how it will all end than your view based on the deal already on the table and that’s without playing hardball with the EU.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think you mix me up with someone else,  I’ve always said we’d be no worse off, i said a deal will be agreed as it’s beneficial to both sides to do a deal. I’ve not really mentioned trade deals that much, but if we leave and can either diverge or escape ECJ law then we will sign good trade deals. 

Youve said we we would never get a deal, that’s already an incorrect prediction. 

we wouldn’t end free movement.

we wouldn’t have tariff free trade outside the custom union. 

we wouldn’t be able to  end payments to the EU. 

We couldn’t regain our fishing waters or change the agricultural policy. 

The current deal on the table isn’t yet acceptable but all the above is set out in the withdrawal agreement. 

There’s work to do and May probably won’t see it through, but we’re damn site closer to my view on how it will all end than your view based on the deal already on the table. 

You know that is just bullshit.. You are now mixing up the customs union and the single market, i am now convinced this is just a wind up

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You know that is just bullshit.. You are now mixing up the customs union and the single market, i am now convinced this is just a wind up

What’s bullshit?  all the above has been agreed in the current deal, you said one thing and that was we wouldn’t get a deal and there’s one on the table right now. Or are you saying there isn’t a deal on the table? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What’s bullshit?  all the above has been agreed in the current deal, you said one thing and that was we wouldn’t get a deal and there’s one on the table right now. Or are you saying there isn’t a deal on the table? 

The jury is out on some of that stuff

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And if under the current deal we are locked into a customs union permanently with no means of exiting until the EU agree......how does that satisfy your list?

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And if under the current deal we are locked into a customs union permanently with no means of exiting until the EU agree......how does that satisfy your list?

We won’t be, it’ll go back to the EU as soon as it’s rejected by the commons. And if it’s not amended, then we don’t pay a penny. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The bullshit is that you have made up what i am supposed to have said.

You've said we we would never get a deal, that’s already an incorrect prediction. What deal has been agreed? You better tell Parliament that because they are about to reject it on Tuesday, nothing has been agreed until it has all been agreed

we wouldn’t end free movement. When have I ever said that?

we wouldn’t have tariff free trade outside the custom union. Again that is untrue but i think you mean the 'single market' 

we wouldn’t be able to  end payments to the EU. Again that is untrue

We couldn’t regain our fishing waters or change the agricultural policy. I have never mentioned our agricultural policy

What I have said is that we will be worse off outside the EU

Edited by Salford Trotter

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Off course it is, but ST said from day 1 we wouldn’t get a deal but we have the basis of a reasonable deal and one ST at the outset said wasn’t possible. 

Are you talking about getting a deal to withdraw from the EU? You seem to referring to the future trade deal for which the negotiations haven't even started yet until we can agree the former.  

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

The bullshit is that you have made up what i am supposed to have said.

You've said we we would never get a deal, that’s already an incorrect prediction. What deal has been agreed? You better tell Parliament that because they are about to reject it on Tuesday, nothing has been agreed until it has all been agreed

we wouldn’t end free movement. When have I ever said that?

we wouldn’t have tariff free trade outside the custom union. Again that is untrue

we wouldn’t be able to  end payments to the EU. Again that is untrue

We couldn’t regain our fishing waters or change the agricultural policy. I have never mentioned our agricultural policy

What I have said is that we will be worse off outside the EU

Whether it’s passed parliament or not it’s a deal and one that agrees to work towards achieving a successful conclusion on all the points mentioned above. 

You have stated from day 1 that without staying in the single market and agreeing to all that implies, then we wouldn’t get a deal that allows tariff free trade access to the EU.  Surely even the current deal on the table shows that you were wrong in your assumptions. 

Whether it’s passed parliament or not it’s a deal and one that agrees to work towards achieving a successful conclusion on all the points mentioned above. 

You have stated from day 1 that without staying in the single market and agreeing to all that implies, then we wouldn’t get a deal that allows tariff free trade access to the EU.  Surely even the current deal on the table shows that you were wrong in your assumptions. 

Are you for real? At what point has the withdrawal agreement become the future trade deal? At the risk of repeating myself, we haven't even got to negotiating the trade deal yet and that is severely at risk given the reaction to TM's withdrawal deal.   

11 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Are you talking about getting a deal to withdraw from the EU? You seem to referring to the future trade deal for which the negotiations haven't even started yet until we can agree the former.  

The EU withdrawal is the template for future negotiations of the trade deal and our future relationship and sets out the ambition to agree a deal and a close relationship across a wide range of partnerships and cooperation between the UK and the EU. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

It's Cheese that's always said there wouldn't be a deal. Some inside info he has and how no deal would be blamed on the EU and this was the plan all along.

To be fair, he now pronounces a no deal (Armageddon) but used to guess at not leaving.

The EU withdrawal is the template for future negotiations and sets out the ambition to agree a deal between the UK and the EU to have a tariff free trade, no borders, end free movement and no more payments to the EU. 

They are two separate entities Mounts, without one you can't have the other but under no circumstances does agreeing to a withdrawal deal automatically give you the basis of a trade deal. Seriously mate I suggest you take another look at what has been said on the matter because you are conflating two separate elements

11 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Are you for real? At what point has the withdrawal agreement become the future trade deal? At the risk of repeating myself, we haven't even got to negotiating the trade deal yet and that is severely at risk given the reaction to TM's withdrawal deal.   

Where have I said the Withdrawal agreement  becomes the future trade deal?  The withdrawal agreement sets out the plan across a wide area of the EU-UK relationship, part of which covers the trade deal. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Where have I said the Withdrawal agreement  becomes the future trade deal?  The withdrawal agreement sets out the plan across a wide area of the EU-UK relationship which part of covers the trade deal. 

The withdrawal deal has nothing to do with the trade deal, the only connection they have is that you need to agree the former before you can move on to the latter. 

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

They are two separate entities Mounts, without one you can't have the other but under no circumstances does agreeing to a withdrawal deal automatically give you the basis of a trade deal. Seriously mate I suggest you take another look at what has been said on the matter because you are conflating two separate elements

I suggest it forms the basis of agreeing our future relationship and part of that relationship will inevitably be about trade, in no way am I conflating two separate entities. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

It's Cheese that's always said there wouldn't be a deal. Some inside info he has and how no deal would be blamed on the EU and this was the plan all along.

Nope. I haven't "always said" anything. My opinions have changed based on the insane actions of this government. We are leaving with No Deal. I didn't believe anyone would be mad enough to actually go ahead with that, but it's almost unavoidable now. I hope my opinion changes again in the next couple of months, but nothing has happened to convince me otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Nope. I haven't "always said" anything. My opinions have changed based on the insane actions of this government. We are leaving with No Deal. I didn't believe anyone would be mad enough to actually go ahead with that, but it's almost unavoidable now. I hope my opinion changes again in the next couple of months, but nothing has happened to convince me otherwise. 

I did say

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

It'd be some going for a no deal situation to get through parliament now