Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Say what you want about May’s deal, but it would get through theEU 27 

what makes you think a cross party team would come back with something vastly different? 

The fact you have negotiated a deal does not make it suitable nor good.

There is clearly a cross-party majority in parliament for something that looks like Norway or Norway plus, or whatever. The EU would negotiate on those lines. Is it honoring the referendum? I don't know but currently you've a deal that unless something dramatic changes won't pass and a significant risk of a huge delay or falling off the cliff edge.

Cut out the Labour front bench get some of their sensible backbenchers instead, some sensible Tory backbenchers, the Lib Dems, SNP and DUP involved and try and find a solution that can be signed up to by parliament. 

37 minutes ago, Underpants said:

The biggest moaners aren't the remain camp. It's the Brexiteers. Look, you got what you wanted. It's guaranteed we'll be leaving the EU next year. Well done. I think getting 52%/48% split in the exit deal is only fair.

In  the moaning stakes I think we were definitely on the losing side. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

The biggest problem has been that after the vote Cameron shit his self and ran away, Boris, a Leaver, looked like he could get the job but he was stabbed in the back by Gove, the outcome of that was May, a Remainer, filled the void and became Prime Minister

At this point the Conservative party had a reasonable majority, if the PM had been a true Brexiteer and had the balls to push through a Canada+++ style free trade agreement or even aWTO/no deal Brexit most of the uncertainty would be over by now.

I’m not saying everything would be rosy but if a Brexit PM had owned Brexit and gone for their version backed up by a Brexit supporting Chancellor they would have had the ability to get through this uncertain period.

The problem now is that every body is putting their two penneth in without taking the ultimate responsibility for how it ends

If you voted Remain my guess is you won’t agree with my analysis 

3 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

The biggest problem has been that after the vote Cameron shit his self and ran away, Boris, a Leaver, looked like he could get the job but he was stabbed in the back by Gove, the outcome of that was May, a Remainer, filled the void and became Prime Minister

At this point the Conservative party had a reasonable majority, if the PM had been a true Brexiteer and had the balls to push through a Canada+++ style free trade agreement or even aWTO/no deal Brexit most of the uncertainty would be over by now.

I’m not saying everything would be rosy but if a Brexit PM had owned Brexit and gone for their version backed up by a Brexit supporting Chancellor they would have had the ability to get through this uncertain period.

The problem now is that every body is putting their two penneth in without taking the ultimate responsibility for how it ends

If you voted Remain my guess is you won’t agree with my analysis 

Boris was utterly ddisorganised in arranging his "campaign", which caused Gove to withdraw his support.

He is still utterly disorganised, hence today he was required to make a "full and unreserved apology" to the HoC for neglecting to declare £52k of his income, missing deadlines repeatedly.

1 minute ago, MalcolmW said:

Boris was utterly ddisorganised in arranging his "campaign", which caused Gove to withdraw his support.

He is still utterly disorganised, hence today he was required to make a "full and unreserved apology" to the HoC for neglecting to declare £52k of his income, missing deadlines repeatedly.

Safe to say the Foreign Office staff were not unhappy when he left, the guy is a liability

• Members

Give it a rest M. The fucking imbeciles on the benches opposite are an embarrassment.

I'd be surprised if they were elected and you'll more likely end up with some sort of utter mess minority forged with parties with agenda's like Scottish independence.

Still, if the Marxist led Labour Party did get in, you'd get what you wished for. Welcome to 1973.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Still, if the Marxist led Labour Party did get in, you'd get what you wished for. Welcome to 1973.

But you keep saying everything was fantastic in 1973, until we ruined everything by joining the EU?