Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll predict it’ll be closer than you’re prediction, granted thats not saying much. :) 

For the record i said we would get a fudged deal that won't please anyone so i am pretty confident i will win and that applies to the whole process not just the withdrawal deal

Edited by Salford Trotter

3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

For the record i said we would get a fudged deal that won't please anyone so i am pretty confident i will win and that applies to the whole process not just the withdrawal deal

Oh we will get a deal now will we, despite spending the last 2 and a half years saying we won’t. Unbelievable. 

Ladies and gentlemen...........l.lltonight’s contestants are as follows.............Mounts......the unbeaten and undisputed Blue Blooded and Blue Passport Boltonian......versus Salford Trotter......the Mean underdog from Manchester (fishing rod out)

Popcorn at the ready.......Let’s get ready to Ruuuuuuuuuuuummmmmbbbllleeee :D

• Site Supporter

A lot of people complained that the border shouldnt  be a sticking point as it’s easily solvable.

a lot the same people saying the backstop is an issue 

if the border is so simple to solve then why  is the backstop such an issue, surley if it’s so simple to solve the border then that gets rid of  the backstop ? 

Or are these people actually now saying the border isn’t that simple and we won’t have time to solve it in the timeframe the deal gives? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Oh we will get a deal now will we, despite spending the last 2 and a half years saying we won’t. Unbelievable. 

Clueless as ever. Salford is correct - the fudge is on the table. Unfortunately nobody likes it. You are the deluded one in this argument. 

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Ladies and gentlemen...........l.lltonight’s contestants are as follows.............Mounts......the unbeaten and undisputed Blue Blooded and Blue Passport Boltonian......versus Salford Trotter......the Mean underdog from Manchester (fishing rod out)

Popcorn at the ready.......Let’s get ready to Ruuuuuuuuuuuummmmmbbbllleeee :D

No point debating with someone who said a deal was impossible for over 2 years, only for him to now say they’ll be a deal. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No point debating with someone who said a deal was impossible for over 2 years, only for him to now say they’ll be a deal. 

You are getting confused again Mounts. I have never said we would not get a deal eventually just one that makes us poorer. As usual you twist the words to suit your argument, quote a post of mine that clearly shows i said we would not get a deal and therefore go WTO. You conveniently forget that this is just the withdrawal deal and not the final thing. We have the toughest part of the negotiation to come if we can get through this part first. 

11 minutes ago, fatolive said:

A lot of people complained that the border shouldnt  be a sticking point as it’s easily solvable.

a lot the same people saying the backstop is an issue 

if the border is so simple to solve then why  is the backstop such an issue, surley if it’s so simple to solve the border then that gets rid of  the backstop ? 

Or are these people actually now saying the border isn’t that simple and we won’t have time to solve it in the timeframe the deal gives? 

ding, ding, ding we have a winner , please take a prize from the top self :ph34r:

No bollocks back stop. Let them know if a trade deal isn't forthcoming it's a hard border before we sign up to indefinite back stop we can't get out of. Not in Ireland's interest that. Thus not in the eu. Make them work for a trade deal. Extend the period til come out. Backstop isn't workable start on trade deal now only finalise withdrawal when future relationship done. Aint all totally agreed withdrawal and future by a date leave no deal.

3 minutes ago, tarian1979 said:

No bollocks back stop. Let them know if a trade deal isn't forthcoming it's a hard border before we sign up to indefinite back stop we can't get out of. Not in Ireland's interest that. Thus not in the eu. Make them work for a trade deal. Extend the period til come out. Backstop isn't workable start on trade deal now only finalise withdrawal when future relationship done. Aint all totally agreed withdrawal and future by a date leave no deal.

How exactly do you put a hard border in on a street that crosses the border several times? 

• Site Supporter
On 10/10/2017 at 19:43, Mounts Kipper said:

No I think we have control of all the cards because we don't have to play their game, I'm happy to stack and go WTO, what they going to do then? It's not difficult just call their bluff, that's if we have the courage to call them out.

An apology Mounts

You have never, as you say,, said that "we hold all the cards"

To be fair, what you said last year was "we have control of all the cards".

And, again, we're calling their bluff by appearing not to have the first fucking clue how to deal with Brexit.

You are the soothsayer of WWays.

Theresa's after a WTO;

So if you want a second referendum to overturn the result of the first, be honest that this risks dividing the country again, when as a House we should be striving to bring it back together.

If you want to remain part of the Single Market and the Customs Union, be open that this would require free movement, rule-taking across the economy, and ongoing financial contributions – none of which are in my view compatible with the result of the referendum.

If you want to leave without a deal, be upfront that in the short term, this would cause significant economic damage to parts of our country who can least afford to bear the burden.

I do not believe that any of those courses of action command a majority in this House.

But notwithstanding that fact, for as long as we fail to agree a deal, the risk of an accidental no deal increases. So the Government will step up its work in preparation for that potential outcome and the Cabinet will hold further discussions on it this week.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, tarian1979 said:

Not in anyone’s interest that, not just Ireland or the EU, no one will benefit from that and it also goes against the GFA, which people seem to forget can’t just be ridden over as it’s a treaty, not a mere agreement.