Politics

miamiwhite

5 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Best not get started on Boris then 

Garden bridge 

Water cannons 

The bikes weren't even his idea but gets credited with it 

And a lack of affordable housing 

Or did it not affect your portfolio then?

Nice deflection away from the US style murder rate :D

Re my portfolio, it’s got fuck all to do with you, so keep your nose out ...thank you :D

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Re my portfolio, it’s got fuck all to do with you, so keep your nose out ...thank you :D

Wasn't trying to deflect away from the murder rate. I don't have an answer to it. I see it almost daily on the news so it is worrying. But I doubt any Mayor could do much about it in the current climate 

As for portfolios once fibrlec make it big I'll be quids in thank you very much :-)

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Wasn't trying to deflect away from the murder rate. I don't have an answer to it. I see it almost daily on the news so it is worrying. But I doubt any Mayor could do much about it in the current climate 

As for portfolios once fibrlec make it big I'll be quids in thank you very much :-)

That’s actually a nice civilised response amongst the usual rants on here.

It is worrying and very sad to see.

Folk say re putting more police on the streets but would it actually make any difference as the youth of today have no respect whatsoever for the Old Bill these days and see them as fair game for a punch up and more, as proven by the local (ish) guy who has been jailed today or yesterday for driving into the PCSO.

I genuinely wish you well with your shares, always good to see folk make money from the portfolios.

I work in Harrow and you can't get more suburban London if you tried. But just a few weeks back the whole town centre was cordoned off as it kicked off between school kids. 60 or 70 off them all at it. Lads and girls.  

Obviously those from the private school weren't involved 

From what I saw no knives were involved but there is certainly a growing culture amongst youngsters around gang culture 

2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

I work in Harrow and you can't get more suburban London if you tried. But just a few weeks back the whole town centre was cordoned off as it kicked off between school kids. 60 or 70 off them all at it. Lads and girls.  

Obviously those from the private school weren't involved 

From what I saw no knives were involved but there is certainly a growing culture amongst youngsters around gang culture 

I agree fella, it’s sadly the case and a growing culture amongst the youngsters.

Sad part is most say it’s for self protection but they’re quick to pull them out and use them.

What’s wrong with a good old fashioned punch up these days to settle differences ?

Thing is I was in my local Tesco the other week. Now I'm built like a gypsy's dog but there's a lad probably about 14 in age 

He's on his phone giving it large that he will cut someone. Despite my frailty I could have knocked him out with one punch if I wanted to 

But he says he has a knife. And there in lies the problem 

5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

In London though, £145k isn't exactly a massive salary. Underpaid if you ask me.

But isn't just an argument about how much the PM earns 

People are happy to trot out the figure as some sort of comparison then you chuck in her rent free living, security  etc etc 

28 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

But isn't just an argument about how much the PM earns 

People are happy to trot out the figure as some sort of comparison then you chuck in her rent free living, security  etc etc 

I get that she has perks, but that’s bugger all for one of the most difficult jobs in the country at the moment. As per the above, her salary is a different argument altogether.

Sounds like the Tories might have got the no confidence letters over the threshold. I think that if a vote is forced there is a reasonable chance she will lose. She has lost support everywhere in the last few days. And the public do not support her if latest polls are to be believed. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Sweep said:

So the EU have sent May back home, telling her the deal on the table is as good she's getting..... Good luck to her trying to get that through now

Delay Delay Delay until we drop out by default on 29th of March. In normal times, she'd have been long gone by now. 

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Delay Delay Delay until we drop out by default on 29th of March. In normal times, she'd have been long gone by now. 

No. Mounts has said that won't happen. The EU will come crawling back with a good deal soon enough

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

She would have, under normal circumstances, been binned ages ago. No bastard wants the job though as we are in unprecedented times, it is a massive clusterfuck.

I am completely certain that no MP outside the ERG wants a hard exit come the end of March but Christ knows what will happen now.

• Site Supporter
On 10/12/2018 at 19:14, Mounts Kipper said:

Why you asking me? I said we’d get a deal. 

What deal we getting?

because based on current events it looks like we’re getting fucked so hard in the arse that even Belladonna would wince

4 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Not here for an argument Jol, but why do you think that ?

Could you list his successes please ?

I’m here all week if you’re struggling :D

I suspect you are after an argument / debate, which is pointless with you when the topic is Khan -  so I won't waste much time. He has done plenty of positive things for London, including pushing through the night tube service, lobbying for more funding for the city (e.g. the met police), freezing certain tube fares, promoting environmental matters in the city (oxford st for example); he took on Uber, he's been naming and shaming rogue landlords and I see he is also looking at rent controls. You may not agree with all of his policies and approaches (I don't) but he has the city's best interests at heart and is certainly a step up on the baffoon that was Boris and his water cannons.

My comment, though, was more about the salary the mayor gets. Whilst a tidy sum, it isn't much for one of the most high profile jobs in the country's capital, where he is tasked with managing a city with a population of more than 8million. The heads of the TUC and the RMT unions get paid more than him. As for wages in the private sector in London, whilst a bit of an extreme example, you can be a 25 year old having just finished a graduate scheme and be earning the same as the mayor.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I suspect you are after an argument / debate, which is pointless with you when the topic is Khan -  so I won't waste much time. He has done plenty of positive things for London, including pushing through the night tube service, lobbying for more funding for the city (e.g. the met police), freezing certain tube fares, promoting environmental matters in the city (oxford st for example); he took on Uber, he's been naming and shaming rogue landlords and I see he is also looking at rent controls. You may not agree with all of his policies and approaches (I don't) but he has the city's best interests at heart and is certainly a step up on the baffoon that was Boris and his water cannons.

My comment, though, was more about the salary the mayor gets. Whilst a tidy sum, it isn't much for one of the most high profile jobs in the country's capital, where he is tasked with managing a city with a population of more than 8million. The heads of the TUC and the RMT unions get paid more than him. As for wages in the private sector in London, whilst a bit of an extreme example, you can be a 23 year old having just finished a graduate scheme and be earning the same as the mayor.

That's all well and good, but he's brown. BOOM