Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

I see the yellow vest movement has now started on the streets of London.

Folk at Westminster blocking the bridge, folk outside Downing St and folk outside Sadiq’s office.......will it grow like the French or fizzle put ?

Knowing us Brits, it’ll fade out within a day or two.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If you care to read my earliest posts I said we would need to walk away before we get the best deal. 

The best deal is the one on offer, and it's fucking shite. Unicorn-hunters like you are why we are in this situation.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The best deal is the one on offer, and it's fucking shite. Unicorn-hunters like you are why we are in this situation.

Reality is we could have had a Norway type deal that would be infinitely better than this (still worse than remaining). But May doesn't want it. She's the obstacle to a way out of this. 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If you care to read my earliest posts I said we would need to walk away before we get the best deal. 

You actually said this:

On 10/10/2017 at 19:43, Mounts Kipper said:

No I think we have control of all the cards because we don't have to play their game, I'm happy to stack and go WTO, what they going to do then? It's not difficult just call their bluff, that's if we have the courage to call them out.

If this is us having control of all the cards, I'm not thrilled about what happens when we lose it.

• Site Supporter

Just to add some balance

The Belgian PM has said that 70,000 Belgian jobs are at risk if there's no deal.

It'll be a similar picture in most countries.

Everyone needs this deal to get through.

As shitty and wank and unsatisfactory to all sides as it is. 

17 minutes ago, Spider said:

You actually said this:

On 10/10/2017 at 19:43, Mounts Kipper said:

No I think we have control of all the cards because we don't have to play their game, I'm happy to stack and go WTO, what they going to do then? It's not difficult just call their bluff, that's if we have the courage to call them out.

If this is us having control of all the cards, I'm not thrilled about what happens when we lose it.

That’s exactly what negotiation and brinksmanship is all about the great negotiators can pull it off.  Sadly we have TM negotiating and if she continues in the same vein then we won’t get the best deal. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

11 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

That is very true, 6ft 2, T total, non smoking running machine! Hard.

Of course it could happen more in London, it’s got the higher population density and the some of the poorest parts of the country with the highest deprivation. 

You’ve proved nothing other than London is bigger.

I’m not denying there is a serious issue with knife crime, but I’m just interested to see who you’re trying to pin this on, and the reasons. 

I’m not pinning or trying to pin it on anybody.....read the Standard article I posted re your pal.

Pure facts pal........six two.....I bet Jim Holton has just shat himself :D

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s exactly what negotiation and brinksmanship is all about the great negotiators can pull it off.  Sadly we have TM negotiating and if she continues in the same vein then we won’t get the best deal. 

But you knew TM was doing the negotiating. Unless your crystal ball let you down.

11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

And we’re off.......the Swiss are keen to trade with us........the dominoes will fall now

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-swiss/swiss-cabinet-approves-text-of-trade-deal-with-britain-after-brexit-idUSKBN1OD1JJ

So that's cheese with holes and cuckoo clocks sorted out. Just need to get the other items on the nation's shopping list sorted and we're winning! :)

Just now, kent_white said:

So that's cheese with holes and cuckoo clocks sorted out. Just need to get the other items on the nation's shopping list sorted and we're winning! :)

Do you eat chocolate :D

Anyway....I thought you weren’t responding to me ?

Hope your roof pisses in this weekend pal :D

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Hey pal.....you lefties said we’d be fucked for CHEESE in the project fear bollocks.....all sorted now :D

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

And we’re off.......the Swiss are keen to trade with us........the dominoes will fall now

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-swiss/swiss-cabinet-approves-text-of-trade-deal-with-britain-after-brexit-idUSKBN1OD1JJ

Imagine Bolton scoring a consolation goal in the 93rd minute when we're 5-0 down at Accrington Stanley. That's what you're celebrating.