Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Did I really just read that? Seriously? Did a grown adult write that?

Reet. I'm off to Tesco tomorrow to stock up on Bovril and Cream Crackers. Batten down the hatches and get on the phone to my Mum to get her started on baking the emergency Apple Crumble

Can you point out which bits aren't true? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

You seriously expect me to get into that sort of endless and pointless debate? No thanks. I’d rather discuss Clinton Baptiste’s latest podcast with you where you actually seem reasonable. No offence like

Eveything I said is true. There's no debate to be had. As I said, I wish I was exaggerating. 

Ignoring reality isn't going to make it go away. 

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Hardly a war like scenario is it. 

Are you joking? Having the Army on standby and calling up the reserves, whilst stockpiling food and medicine? OK, we're not getting bombed by the Luftwaffe, but FFS. 

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Are you joking? Having the Army on standby and calling up the reserves, whilst stockpiling food and medicine? OK, we're not getting bombed by the Luftwaffe, but FFS. 

The military are always on standby for something or other. 30000 were put on standby for the fireman strikes as an example. Bad weather another. 

Food was stockpiled for the millennium and again the forces were put on standby Incase systems went down.

Stop your usual scarmongering, the military on standby is nothing new and the numbers being thrown about are relatively small. It’s the usual media hype that’s making it worse along with the usual scaremongering remain lot.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

The military are always on standby for something or other. 30000 were put on standby for the fireman strikes as an example. Bad weather another. 

Food was stockpiled for the millennium and again the forces were put on standby Incase systems went down.

Stop your usual scarmongering, the military on standby is nothing new and the numbers being thrown about are relatively small. It’s the usual media hype that’s making it worse along with the usual scaremongering remain lot.

"Media Hype"? These are Government actions, being defended as "sensible precautions" by actual Government Ministers... 

Never mind mate. You keep burying your head in the sand. Everything is normal. Nothing is going to change.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

If we do run out of food we can get those millions of now wealthy and well fed Africans and Middle East types living in Europe to donate a fiver a month to us.

About time they gave us something back :D

The yanks will pull us out of the shite like they always do.:D

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

"Media Hype"? These are Government actions...

Nevermind mate. You keep burying your head in the sand. Everything is normal. Nothing is going to change.

Yes because the media haven’t hyped anything have they. 

The army being stopped leave from April 1st. Please elaborate. I’m interested how cheese off WW knows this but lads in the army don’t. 

More of an April fool 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

The army being stopped leave from April 1st. Please elaborate. I’m interested how cheese off WW knows this but lads in the army don’t. 

More of an April fool 

The fool will edit his post as always :D

• Site Supporter

More of an April fool 

Ok, I admit it. I'm lying, and I've convinced the Government to back up my lies in retrospect. No leave is being cancelled, the army isn't on standby, they aren't pumping £2bn into preparations, they aren't calling up the reserves, they aren't sending businesses letters of preparation advice, they aren't advising stockpiling of medicine and food, they aren't about to publish Public Information media about how to prepare for No Deal.

Just now, Cheese said:

Ok, I admit it. I'm lying, and I've convinced the Government to back up my lies in retrospect. No leave is being cancelled, the army isn't on standby, they aren't pumping £2bn into preparations, they aren't calling up the reserves, they aren't sending businesses letters of preparation advice, they aren't advising stockpiling of medicine and food, they aren't about to publish Public Information media about how to prepare for No Deal.

Nope I’ve not denied any of that, I’ve actually admitted that may happen as it has numerous times in the past so please don’t try and twist words as per usual. 

Want I want to know is where have you heard about the leave being cancelled? How do you know about this? Forget everything else for a minute and just try and answer that.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Nope I’ve not denied any of that, I’ve actually admitted that may happen as it has numerous times in the past so please don’t try and twist words as per usual. 

Want I want to know is where have you heard about the leave being cancelled? How do you know about this? Forget everything else for a minute and just try and answer that.

It's not happening. As I just explained - I've been lying about everything. Nothing is going to change. Everything is going to carry on as normal and nobody will even notice we've left the EU next year. 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

It's not happening. As I just explained - I've been lying about everything. Nothing is going to change. Everything is going to carry on as normal and nobody will even notice we've left the EU next year. 

Haha stop trying to worm your way out of it. 

The perfect example of scarmongering! And you only went and posted your “info” minutes after I mentioned scaremongers...haha brilliant, you’ve outdone yourself today and by your standards that’s something 

• Site Supporter

Haha stop trying to worm your way out of it. 

The perfect example of scarmongering! And you only went and posted your “info” minutes after I mentioned scaremongers...haha brilliant, you’ve outdone yourself today and by your standards that’s something 

Correct. I'm the ultimate scare-mongerer. Even I don't know why the government are doing exactly what I lied about them doing. 

• Members
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Have a +1 matey. So many plain truths in that post unlike the one's from the 'other side'.

6 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

He is known to indulge in fantasies so do not be surprised in this case.

Haha, bless him he’s outdone himself again. I love how he try’s to worm his way out of it instead of just saying ‘look lads I lied because that’s what I do.....project fear’ 

leave cancelled for all the British Army though....deary me