Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

There has been a leaked document regarding this, so it’s something that is being discussed and planned for.

I thought the document said police leave was proposed to be cancelled with support from the Army.

Anyway, it is still worrying that these sort of situations are in the planning, but whatever it’s certainly not something to giggle about at the very back of the class Royal.

38 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

There has been a leaked document regarding this, so it’s something that is being discussed and planned for.

I thought the document said police leave was proposed to be cancelled with support from the Army.

Anyway, it is still worrying that these sort of situations are in the planning, but whatever it’s certainly not something to giggle about at the very back of the class Royal.

Don’t know what part you have read that I haven’t but I have agreed with most that has been said (even though the 3500 on standby are always on standby) I was asking how it’s a war like scenario. 

As for the all army leave cancelled from April 2019 is just an all out lie and another one of cheeses failed scaremonger tactics. 

• Members
57 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Really? Seems to me the government are damned if they do and damned if they don't? Wasn't long ago they were being criticised for not preparing for a 'no deal' scenario.

As an aside, I believe that this announcement is more 'Project Fear' - even though the target is slightly different. Rather than aiming for a remain scenario, this particular bout of fear mongering is more aimed at pulling her own side into line in a further attempt to make her 'deal' seem more palatable.

We shall see. Either way, I do not see this as a cause for panic. The military regularly are on standby for all sorts of situations as has been eloquently and thoroughly described by Royal White (who is better positioned than most to comment on this particular subject).

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Don’t know what part you have read that I haven’t but I have agreed with most that has been said (even though the 3500 on standby are always on standby) I was asking how it’s a war like scenario. 

As for the all army leave cancelled from April 2019 is just an all out lie and another one of cheeses failed scaremonger tactics. 

You'll see. 

I've been saying for over a year that No Deal is nailed on and it's going to be utter chaos, and you and your sidekicks have dismissed it as 'Project Fear' every time. Now reality is hitting, and you're claiming it's all perfectly normal...I'm not the one doing the worming.

Just now, Cheese said:

You'll see. 

I've been saying for over a year that No Deal is nailed on and it's going to be utter chaos, and you and your sidekicks have dismissed it as 'Project Fear' every time. Now reality is hitting, and you're claiming it's all perfectly normal...I'm not the one doing the worming.

Forget all you have said and your crystal balls....simple question. Who told you or where did you see/read all army leave is cancelled from 1st April 19. Nothing else just answer me that.

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, royal white said:

Forget all you have said and your crystal balls....simple question. Who told you or where did you see/read all army leave is cancelled from 1st April 19. Nothing else just answer me that.

I'll answer your simple question when you go back and answer the many simple questions I've asked you over the last 12 months. In the meantime, don't worry about it. It's all just part of Project Fear.

I don't really understand what's in it for Theresa May to drum up a project fear conspiracy, if the truth was No Deal would be just fine.

Letting us drop out would be a lot less effort than trying to force her deal through parliament and would at least satisfy some of the people who voted in the referendum.

Edited by Tombwfc

Its a leak - governments leak, it was probably leaked by the PMs office. 

Its one of 100 proposals I would have thought, and yes the government have to prepare. The point is the government have to even prepare for this situation is, in and of itself, a concern.

I'm sure we're not going to see the army on the street - but that could be a possibility and its a possibility that could have been avoided. I don't see why people think that's a odd position to take, unless you are welded to one route above and beyond everything else.

I'm not stocking up on tins of food and I've just booked a holiday to Europe in May going via Dover, but at the same time it'd be silly to dismiss this as just scaremongering. 

Non of us, including the government knows where this is going to land, and on that basis alone there is rightly cause for concern.

• Site Supporter

It's plainly a marketing ploy by cheese.

Having created national shortages in stocking his shop, when the lights go out and bread queues start he'll be raking it in flogging tins of beans for a fiver each.

Entrepreneurship.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's plainly a marketing ploy by cheese.

Having created national shortages in stocking his shop, when the lights go out and bread queues start he'll be raking it in flogging tins of beans for a fiver each.

Entrepreneurship.

This time next year Rodders... ;)

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

You'll see. 

How can we ever take you seriously again when you've been caught out telling a whopper?

• Moderators
12 hours ago, royal white said:

Why can’t you just tell us where you heard about the leave being cancelled? It’s not a hard question is it?

it will have been on facebook alongside the one about muslims getting christmas lights banned in sweden

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its a leak - governments leak, it was probably leaked by the PMs office. 

Its one of 100 proposals I would have thought, and yes the government have to prepare. The point is the government have to even prepare for this situation is, in and of itself, a concern.

I'm sure we're not going to see the army on the street - but that could be a possibility and its a possibility that could have been avoided. I don't see why people think that's a odd position to take, unless you are welded to one route above and beyond everything else.

I'm not stocking up on tins of food and I've just booked a holiday to Europe in May going via Dover, but at the same time it'd be silly to dismiss this as just scaremongering. 

Non of us, including the government knows where this is going to land, and on that basis alone there is rightly cause for concern.

There was no leak about what cheese said. Nothing it’s just an out and out lie or as what others may call as scarmongering. I know you tend to stand by his side and hold his hand on these debates but the army being cancelled leave is just utter bullshit. 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

How can we ever take you seriously again when you've been caught out telling a whopper?

I don't give a fuck if you take me seriously. I haven't told any whoppers whatsoever. You'll see.

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

I'll answer your simple question when you go back and answer the many simple questions I've asked you over the last 12 months. In the meantime, don't worry about it. It's all just part of Project Fear.

Deary me ‘you answer mine I’ll answer yours’ just don’t tell whoppers and if you do don’t get caught out so easily.