Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

21 minutes ago, royal white said:

Am I right in saying a no deal is now looking very unlikely? If so how could that be as Fromage said it was guaranteed to happen and he told us so months ago.

You're just bitter because you've had all your leave cancelled 

I was expecting to hear from Miami on this thread this week regarding the furore about a remain politician being bullied outside parliament yesterday by angry right wingers.

It can't be condoned but it surely pales in comparison to the abuse Farage gets everywhere he goes or Boris got the day after the referendum 

5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I was expecting to hear from Miami on this thread this week regarding the furore about a remain politician being bullied outside parliament yesterday by angry right wingers.

It can't be condoned but it surely pales in comparison to the abuse Farage gets everywhere he goes or Boris got the day after the referendum 

It was indeed disgraceful yesterday outside Parliament and shouldn’t be tolerated regardless of left or right views.

Ironic though, seeing the Nazi term being everywhere now,......like you say Duck Egg, have the MSM forgot how times that tag has been used against the so called far right ?

Weren't all leave voters thick Nazis ?

Oh dear...the thick left have certainly dug a huge hole for themselves with their antics and obvious amnesia....

6 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

He was clueless??? If there was ever a case of the pot calling the kettle then this is it 

I’ve said a deal will be done. Still say a deal will be done. When we leave without a deal then come back and tell me because then it’ll be justified.

Sadly the vote in parliament has weakened our position and will most likely mean the deal will be poorer than we ahould have achieved.

If that proves to be the case the ramifications of that vote will mean more upheaval and will ensure this will now continue to drag on even longer,  cause more chaos and uncertainty than it should of and a pretty good chance an election is now more of a possibility. 

The remainers are very close to achieving their objective and if they do the fall out from this won’t be good for democracy.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve said a deal will be done. Still say a deal will be done. When we leave without a deal then come back and tell me because then it’ll be justified.

Sadly the vote in parliament has weakened our position and will most likely mean the deal will be poorer than we ahould have achieved.

If that proves to be the case the ramifications of that vote will mean more upheaval and will ensure this will now continue to drag on even longer,  cause more chaos and uncertainty than it should of and a pretty good chance an election is now more of a possibility. 

The remainers are very close to achieving their objective and if they do the fall out from this won’t be good for democracy.

it is fcuking democracy you big loon

its what you wanted back

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If you keep chucking the darts at the board eventually you'll hit the bullseye. You have covered every possible outcome with your soothsaying so no doubt you will claim you predicted the final scenario. 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Last night's vote doesn't really have any impact, other than making a statement, which we all knew about anyhow.

You know the people saying it has no impact say so because they know we will not leave with no deal don't you? 

It has a very real impact in a no deal scenario. However, the cat is out of the bag now and we know the government will delay or revoke A50 IF they lose the vote (they might keep trying for a few weeks plausibly, but if they can't win it that is what happens). 

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The issue is that "leaving without a deal" has pretty much been removed from the table - which as you say does weaken our hand somewhat. In any negotiation to give up your main card is ridiculous. I agree with you we'll get a deal, I'm still to be convinced it'll be as excellent as you think it'll be though. We'll soon see though....not long left now (unless we extend Article 50, which would be equally ridiculous)

53 minutes ago, Sweep said:

The issue is that "leaving without a deal" has pretty much been removed from the table - which as you say does weaken our hand somewhat. In any negotiation to give up your main card is ridiculous. I agree with you we'll get a deal, I'm still to be convinced it'll be as excellent as you think it'll be though. We'll soon see though....not long left now (unless we extend Article 50, which would be equally ridiculous)

Assuming May’s deal doesn’t pass through parliament, what next? May would surely have to step down...?

That means a Tory leadership contest and/or a general election. We’ll not know who is in charge and what their approach to negotiation is until (at the earliest) a few weeks before the exit date. If no deal appears to be off the table, I can’t see anything else but a postponement of our departure as the new person at the helm won’t be able to negotiate a new deal (and get the same approved at home and in Europe) in that timeframe. That assumes no second referendum, which would result in an even longer delay (I don’t think there will be, mind).

The only way I can see us leaving in March is if Jacob RM or Boris steps in and proceeds with a no deal Brexit (which would clearly be unpopular in Westminster).

Edited by Jol_BWFC

And another twist in this shambolic mess

MPs will launch another parliamentary manoeuvre on Wednesday to force Theresa May’s hand on Brexit, in a sign of growing restlessness at Westminster.

An amendment supported by nine Conservative rebels including Dominic Grieve and Jo Johnson would force Mrs May to present a ‘plan B’ within three sitting days, if as expected her Brexit deal is defeated by MPs on Tuesday.

That would accelerate the Brexit timetable, and potentially prevent Mrs May for engaging in parliamentary brinkmanship. MPs are expected to vote on that proposal at about 1pm UK time on Wednesday.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Assuming May’s deal doesn’t pass through parliament, what next? May would surely have to step down...?

That means a Tory leadership contest and/or a general election. We’ll not know who is in charge and what their approach to negotiation is until (at the earliest) a few weeks before the exit date. If no deal appears to be off the table, I can’t see anything else but a postponement of our departure as the new person at the helm won’t be able to negotiate a new deal (and get the same approved at home and in Europe) in that timeframe. That assumes no second referendum, which would result in an even longer delay (I don’t think there will be, mind).

The only way I can see us leaving in March is if Jacob RM or Boris steps in and proceeds with a no deal Brexit (which would clearly be unpopular in Westminster).

mrs may is playing a blinder

brexit is already losing ground to kexit

by the time Kenneth has gone, Juncker will be our PM

and to think we lost

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

And another twist in this shambolic mess

MPs will launch another parliamentary manoeuvre on Wednesday to force Theresa May’s hand on Brexit, in a sign of growing restlessness at Westminster.

An amendment supported by nine Conservative rebels including Dominic Grieve and Jo Johnson would force Mrs May to present a ‘plan B’ within three sitting days, if as expected her Brexit deal is defeated by MPs on Tuesday.

That would accelerate the Brexit timetable, and potentially prevent Mrs May for engaging in parliamentary brinkmanship. MPs are expected to vote on that proposal at about 1pm UK time on Wednesday.

The Brexit mob are currently screaming at the speaker about including the amendment in what appeared to be an unamendable motion.......

What a mess. But hey, thank god we've got our sovereignty back eh?

It is certainly a mess and only going to get worse.

Without stating the obvious, there’s a huge division now which seems to be increasing daily.

Didn’t Nostrodamus predict a Third World War starting in the Middle East ? 

Bloody hell, it’s going to happen over here in Europe, though the proximate cause of it all will be down to folk from the Middle Eastern areas. They won’t actually cause it, it’s folk here on both sides and their reactions to immigration,diversity etc which will cause it.

The Italian chap Salvini is in Warsaw meeting the main fella there re an anti federalist EU party.....no doubt that’ll grow to include Hungary and a few other countries.

Serious trouble is brewing, this summer could well be one seriously hot few months.

What I will say though, is folk attack Islam for certain reasons.

I don’t see many Spaniards,French,Dutch,Finns,Italians,Americans,Austrians,Australians,Chinese,Japanese,Malaysians,etc being attacked in Britain for their views........must be quite a few reasons why others are eh ?

• Site Supporter

S- I fear you may be right. Been concerned that such civic unrest may start here, but now not so sure.

However if it does start, then it could quickly spread all over.

Mixing threads somewhat here, but trump's wall- as much as I don't really like the fella- he's got a point!