Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I didn’t predict 29th March, I predicted there would be a deal, not the date of a deal, in fact I’m pretty sure I said it’s possible the deal might be done after the 29th March. 

You've predicted every single possible outcome under the season at least 10 times each. Lets not pretend you have anymore clue than anyone else.

The only fact and truth is that Brexit is a complete and utter clusterfuck. 

In fairness to TM I think she has done well to get 202 MP’s to back her plan 

How many MP’s would back the ERG plan to fall off the ‘cliff edge’? 50-100 

How many MP’s would back a softer Norway style deal that means keeping free movement but with no say in what happens in Brussels? 150-200

The problem is, there are so many different versions of BREXIT that you will never get a majority in the house behind any plan 

Corbyn wants a General Election but what will that solve? Another hung parliament and further deadlock. Sooner or later we have to move on from this shit and get out from underneath the uncertainty

The UK voted to end free movement, to do so will mean either WTO or a deal in the mould of TM’s - I really cannot see another way to honour the referendum 

13 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Nonsense 

How many times was “Norway aren’t in the EU and they are doing allright’ trotted out in the build up to the referendum? Why if the plan was to fully leave would Norway even get a mention? Likewise Switzerland  

Go back to the original Brexit thread on here for context. The leave supporters were of the impression that it would all be sorted very quickly and we would be able to pick and choose the best bits of membership, which included free trade! 

Norway was and is quoted because it is the example of a case where the political class is all for membership, but the populace is set against.

This is rather close to where we are. There is a bland assumption that a further referendum would magically solve the problem, but this is very far from certain.

45 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You've predicted every single possible outcome under the season at least 10 times each. Lets not pretend you have anymore clue than anyone else.

The only fact and truth is that Brexit is a complete and utter clusterfuck. 

Stop listening to Salford T I’ve only ever predicted there will be a deal. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Last night it was suggested that parliament as a whole could debate various deal options and vote on a deal that has a majority in parliament, perhaps that’s a way forward.

Listening to EU politicians it seems that they are piling the blame for this failure on TM, also the leader of the brexiteers also heaping blame on May.

I’m wondering if May can survive this even in the short term. 

the only deal i can see getting through involves us staying in a customs union

arf

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

So if we have a hard brexit with a soft border in Ireland will Norn Iron not become one massive jungle camp?

The unionists will not accept a different border. 

The republicans will not accept a hard border. 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I didn’t predict 29th March, I predicted there would be a deal, not the date of a deal, in fact I’m pretty sure I said it’s possible the deal might be done after the 29th March. 

On 28/09/2018 at 07:34, Mounts Kipper said:

We voted leave and leave we will at the end of March 2019 and that’s with or without a deal, that’ll concentrate minds and miraculously the EU will accept a deal and we will sign it off one way or the other. And the sooner the better then all remainers can them STFU. 

You predicted that we would leave (with or without a deal) at the end of March. If there is a delay until after 29 March 2019, that prediction will be wrong.

Talking about a possible extension, how long would it need to be postponed before Cheese's arse is safe?

36 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

You predicted that we would leave (with or without a deal) at the end of March. If there is a delay until after 29 March 2019, that prediction will be wrong.

Talking about a possible extension, how long would it need to be postponed before Cheese's arse is safe?

I was commenting on the governments general position and their specified date for leaving the EU. If you can be bothered trawling back through my posts I did say that the EU notoriously negotiate right to the the wire and a deal might be agreed after the date of the 29th March. Cheese arse is safe if we do not leave the EU.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Cheese arse is safe if we do not leave the EU.

I think his arse is only safe if we're still in the EU on April 1st (he said we would still be in the EU on 1st April 2019)......which we might well be, if we ask for an extension of Article 50, as we'll not be leaving for at least another 6-18 months after that

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm intrigued to see what sort of deal TM takes to the EU (who reckon they're not for budging)

I see that Dominic Grieve has just tabled a bill calling for a second referendum.......this is when the fun could really start

That opens a can of worms, if remain wins its best of 3 if leave wins we have wasted even more time unnecessarily, both outcomes are very possible and the country will remain split whatever the outcome of the second vote is. Remainers like Grieve will succeed in achieving only one thing further uncertainty and possible civil unrest.   

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm intrigued to see what sort of deal TM takes to the EU (who reckon they're not for budging)

I see that Dominic Grieve has just tabled a bill calling for a second referendum.......this is when the fun could really start

Apparently, there's already talk of him being deselected by his local party.

If he's going to out, he may as well go the whole hog!

It's quite interesting that he and others want remain as an option on a second referendum.

Yet when his next leader is elected, the system loses the person with the lowest vote, and the next round continues with those left.

If another referendum must take place, then the option that lost previously, should not be put back on the ballot.

32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

. Remainers like Grieve will succeed in achieving only one thing further uncertainty and possible civil unrest.   

True, but the likes of him and Gina Miller forced the issue that allowed Parliament to have the final say, otherwise we'd be going with TMs piss poor deal.....which clearly nobody likes. 

An interesting point from yesterday.....Gove voted for TMs deal, and Boris voted against it................both of the were co-Chair of official leave campaign, and both of the keep saying the will of the people has to be adhered to  -  how can they both be saying the same thing, but voting in opposite directions?!?!

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Apparently, there's already talk of him being deselected by his local party.

If he's going to out, he may as well go the whole hog!

It's quite interesting that he and others want remain as an option on a second referendum.

Yet when his next leader is elected, the system loses the person with the lowest vote, and the next round continues with those left.

If another referendum must take place, then the option that lost previously, should not be put back on the ballot.

Another referendum might not have "remain" as an option

1) Leave with No Deal

2) Leave with this piss poor deal we've agreed, that is pretty much us actually staying, and nothing much changing