Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
18 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

OK then, the relevance of a 'half the year in Oz, half the year in Spain, half an hour in the United Kingdom' poster appearing in a Brexit thread...

:lol: There is a strong temptation to respond with the 'head hunted' (and you weren't) fact and that the subsequent growth of a family down here means that now that link would be hellishly difficult to break. I won't though - no point and none of your fucking business.

There is now a strong possibility I will be living back in sunny old Bolton for the entire month of August each year ( a number of reasons not least of which is that the time we wish to spend in Spain each year needs to be broken up to avoid our worldwide assets becoming liable for Spanish taxation).

Great appeal - likely good weather; the start of each football season to attend and the ability to wreak havoc in the predicted (by shrinking violets who should be on suicide watch) economic post Brexit wasteland that will be my beloved England.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Glad to have you back!

Glad to be back,sir and read sensible posts from contributors such as your good self. I would expect no less from a fellow Tonge Moor lad.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
8 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Did anyone see on our main news channels re the Portuguese welcoming us Brits with open arms post Brexit with the U.K. only lanes at airports there ?

Kept that quiet didn’t they....like a few on here.

Our oldest ally. Would expect something like this from the Portuguese.

• Members
7 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46908205

A European army eh ?

And how many thick bastards on here said it wasn’t part of the plan....

Time some of you lot woke up to reality.

You will never make those see who don't want to see mate. All over Europe there are folk who have seen the way this is going and the growing movement against this evil empire will eventually unify and. hopefully, bring this whole flawed experiment down. When that happens, a free UK will be in an even stronger position so let's get the fuck out whilst the going is good.

Can anyone see a Common Market in there anywhere? The whole thing has gone completely off the rails from the original concept.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

:lol: There is a strong temptation to respond with the 'head hunted' (and you weren't) fact and that the subsequent growth of a family down here means that now that link would be hellishly difficult to break. I won't though - no point and none of your fucking business.

There is now a strong possibility I will be living back in sunny old Bolton for the entire month of August each year ( a number of reasons not least of which is that the time we wish to spend in Spain each year needs to be broken up to avoid our worldwide assets becoming liable for Spanish taxation).

Great appeal - likely good weather; the start of each football season to attend and the ability to wreak havoc in the predicted (by shrinking violets who should be on suicide watch) economic post Brexit wasteland that will be my beloved England.

That (post above) is supposed to illustrate why any opinion you have on Brexit should be respected?

One month here, in the summer, at the start of the season and, regardless of these positives, it'll be done mainly for tax reasons?

You're fishing aren't you?*

* claim you are, even if your not.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Best month in this country, for me

• Members
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

That (post above) is supposed to illustrate why any opinion you have on Brexit should be respected?

One month here, in the summer, at the start of the season and, regardless of these positives, it'll be done mainly for tax reasons?

You're fishing aren't you?*

* claim you are, even if your not.

You're getting warm as would I in August ;)

14 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You will never make those see who don't want to see mate. All over Europe there are folk who have seen the way this is going and the growing movement against this evil empire will eventually unify and. hopefully, bring this whole flawed experiment down. When that happens, a free UK will be in an even stronger position so let's get the fuck out whilst the going is good.

Can anyone see a Common Market in there anywhere? The whole thing has gone completely off the rails from the original concept.

Look at the snowflakes over here mate....not weather related :D

18 hours ago, Spider said:

Hello

im stood in a bar in central Dublin typing this.

I’ve travelled over to make a last ditch attempt to salvage something from our Irish customers.

We have talked all day and night about what can be done, but a man with millions to spend has just looked me in the eye and said the sheer weight of uncertainty he faces has forced his hand.

He wants to use us. He likes us. But the Brexit situation simply doesn’t allow it.

I’ll let you get back to squabbling about nazis who don’t spend millions with UK PLC

Looks like Sony are doing one too https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46968720

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Is this confirmation that project fear is bollocks? 10 jobs. 

I note how the ex pat now residing in America and free from the WW ex pat Critics Society never commented on the Portuguese PM’s quote,which is far more relevant.

Having said that, none of those soppy tarts have either :D

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Record employment level in the UK. Not everything is rosy; plenty of low paying jobs, but by the fuck this post brexit vote recession is biting hard....

True, record amounts of people in work....every year, as the population increases, so you would expect there to be "record amounts of people in employment" surely  -  so I never pay any attention to those numbers, there's all sorts of ways of skewing them figures. Still, they do appear to be going in the right direction. For balance, for the final quarter of 2018, unemployment increased....but only by 8000 people :) (and we all know it's just tough shit if you lose your job anyway)

Apparently there are now 32M5 (a record) people in employment now in the UK, with 24M in full time work (which is another record) 

The interesting number though is that average earnings rose by 3.3%, and that's excellent stuff, here's hoping wage growth can continue to outstrip inflation, so we all have a few extra quid in our pockets

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wow, just seen JRM saying, that with some changes (mainly backstop) then he could vote for TM deal. That's could be a game changer

He was always going to bottle it, because if he doesn't accept her deal, then he knows the only solution would be to give the vote back to "the people" and I don't think any on the leave side would want to do that, so they'll settle for a shit deal