Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Reality is that its clear that either May's deal passes or A50 will be pushed back. 

If it gets pushed back, then that'll lead to a "peoples vote" I reckon. I'm not saying we should have one, but I can see it happening if we ask for the extension. I heard one of them in the know suggest that the EU would only allow an extension if it was for something dramatic, like a General Election, or another Referendum - I don't know how true that is though

• Site Supporter

The EU are still being cunts, by the way.

One minute, they say it is all cast in stone and nothing can change, the next - when it suits them - they say we can alter the path.

They are behaving like fucking babies and proving why people want rid.

If they'd acted magnanimously, there's a chance people would soften to them. As it is, they're being, again, cunts.

Of course, this is all Terry Wogan's fault for taking the piss out of their singers every year.

Edited by Spider

41 minutes ago, Spider said:

Here's something that will make anyone in the haulage industry smile.

Irish trucks may, in the event of no deal, need a separate lane at Dover so they can be fast tracked through an EU customs gate.

Imagine how happy a British truckie will be having sat in his own piss for 3 days going nowhere, watching a pikey sail through within minutes.

Britian as a land-bridge for Irish trucks. Burn....

By the way, whilst Brexit is an issue, the other possible cause is any upcoming global recession, which is looming larger.

Watch out for further developments from retailing.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

One minute, they say it is all cast in stone and nothing can change, the next - when it suits them - they say we can alter the path.

If they'd acted magnanimously, there's a chance people would soften to them. As it is, they're being, again, cunts.

Indeed

Perhaps the once in a lifetime opportunity to get out

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Of course, this is all Terry Wogan's fault for taking the piss out of their singers every year.

The EU are very consistent in what they say, compared to our own government, when you consider there are 26 of them!

I don't see it as them being awkward. The backstop is protection for Ireland and the UK to maintain the GFA without the EU or UK breaching international law or infringing on the GFA. 

They've pretty much been flexible on how the backstop is achieved. What they won't so far do is put an end date on it, but think logically - were there a backstop end date potentially we're back where we are now (say in November 2021) with the end-date approaching and the need to rush through a FTA to avoid breaking GFA and/or international law. 

Their point is that the UK had a referendum and activated article 50 without having a clue what the real ramifications were. We went into negotiations completely clueless and it is only now that we are aware. I think its a fair  point. We were under prepared and got schooled. 

46 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Which is why any delay cannot be to simply continue the status quo but to break it somehow.....

You now even have the likes of Rees-Mogg conceding that "everyone wants a deal". Backing down from the "no deal is fine" view he'd previously expressed. Even those advocating a no deal stance in the main do so with the view it will force the EU into further concessions on a deal. There are probably in reality about 20 MPs who seriously want to leave without a deal and probably another 15 who would do so over viable alternatives.

Reality is that its clear that either May's deal passes or A50 will be pushed back. Even if May's deal passes at some point in February is there enough time to pass the legislation (still 8 bills outstanding) in time to leave on 29th March? Almost certainly not. 

But pushing A50 back will simply make the crunch point later. If the deal agreed with the EU is ratified then who will stand in the way of completing legislation and remain credible?

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

That's 100% true - wankers on both sides. Of the lot though, I think Dyson is the worst, he's just an unpleasant individual (I work with several engineers who know him) - he's a clever fucker though, I'll give him that

Can you ask him why my dyson animal keeps cutting out and will only charge stood up when you next see him?

thanks x

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

By the way, whilst Brexit is an issue, the other possible cause is any upcoming global recession, which is looming larger.

Watch out for further developments from retailing.

Been thinking this. China slowing quite a bit.

It'll still be brexit's fault though.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can you ask him why my dyson animal keeps cutting out and will only charge stood up when you next see him?

thanks x

They're not as robust as they used to be I reckon. My latest cordless version blocks if a few molecules of dog fur get into it.

TM’s deal will pass in Parliament when the EU remove the unilateral triple lock, the ERG and the DUP will muster enough votes to get the deal through.

The EU will not move till the last minute when it looks like ‘no deal’ it’s who blinks first, we need to hold our nerve, a deal will be agreed

The EU will hang on a bit to see if the Undemocratic snowflakes in Parliament Greive, Cooper, Soubry and the rest of the shits can cause some turbulence next week

26 minutes ago, Spider said:

I remember when hoovers had a light on them so you could see what you were doing.

They've never been the same since.

My vacuum cleaner has a light on it, it's a "shark" it's dead good so Mrs Sweep tells me.......and so it should be, as it cost about £300 I think

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They're not as robust as they used to be I reckon. My latest cordless version blocks if a few molecules of dog fur get into it.

I don’t understand why the battery only lasts 30 mins when you can but an SDS battery drill that will drill through concrete for 2 hours. 

Thats not to mention the welly a fistmaster gets on a 12v lithium. 

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

But pushing A50 back will simply make the crunch point later. If the deal agreed with the EU is ratified then who will stand in the way of completing legislation and remain credible?

Indeed

Want certainty? Go WTO

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Indeed

Want certainty? Go WTO

Certainty of disaster if you talk to the Business secretary or Airbus or countless others. Brexiteers in senior positions are slowly but surely growing up and facing reality. Thankfully I do not think there is any chance at all of leaving without a deal now. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Ani said:

May can not rule out No Deal for political and negotiating reasons.

The only way out of this to get a majority for any deal is for Labour MPs to support the Government

If mogg's lot come on board, then the dup would also be happy with whatever the changes are.

A good few labour leavers to counter the Tory remainers should sort it.

Too many remainers amongst the labour ranks I reckon to get wholesale support- especially with Corbyn in charge.

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If mogg's lot come on board, then the dup would also be happy with whatever the changes are.

A good few labour leavers to counter the Tory remainers should sort it.

Too many remainers amongst the labour ranks I reckon to get wholesale support- especially with Corbyn in charge.

I wouldn't be so confident about the DUP.

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Sod the messing about. Give it to "the people" in the way of a second referendum. Two choices, remain cannot be one of them as that's already lost.

Mays Deal as it stands choice 1

No Deal go to WTO choice 2

Why Mays deal as it stands? She has to go back to EU,  she has the mandate, why should we accept a crap deal? I’d rather go WTO route first, no second referendum under any circumstances there is no public majority for a second referendum, just sad fuck remainers wanting a second bite, which they’d lose again anyhow.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Mogg wants the backstop gone, with some other things. If he gets that then surely the dup would back it.

Yes if the backstop is removed, but not if it is merely time-limited.

17 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Sod the messing about. Give it to "the people" in the way of a second referendum. Two choices, remain cannot be one of them as that's already lost.

Mays Deal as it stands choice 1

No Deal go to WTO choice 2

Please stop being sensible.