Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

14 hours ago, Spider said:

Some of you need to go to Ireland and see for yourselves what a massive fucking arseache it all is.

Don't get me wrong, without Ireland this would all be pretty easy

With Ireland, it's going to fuck us up

I have been to Ireland on business this week as we supply parts to a company there.

They are very worried as they export about 70% of their products to the UK.

We may see significantly lower sales if they have a downturn post brexit.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I have been to Ireland on business this week as we supply parts to a company there.

They are very worried as they export about 70% of their products to the UK.

We may see significantly lower sales if they have a downturn post brexit.

This is what people seem to be missing.

Yes, the EU countries want business to carry on as normal, but the vast amount of regulations and logistics involved make it almost impossible to transfer seamlessly

They want to buy, we want to sell (and vice versa). The problem is that we are voluntarily pulling the rug without having thought it fucking through.

Sure, it may all be ok in a year/2years/5years, but the damage that will do is breathtaking.

Idealogically, I no longer really care who's "right or wrong" - at the front line, we are 2 months away from a potential disaster.

No amount of idealogical goodwill is going to make a customs officer let a lorry through if he's told he can't. None.

This is real world. But still the arguments carry on like it's a discussion about what the outcome of Game of cunting Thrones might be.

Bsinesses will fail within months, if there is no deal. No ifs or buts.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

This is what people seem to be missing.

Yes, the EU countries want business to carry on as normal, but the vast amount of regulations and logistics involved make it almost impossible to transfer seamlessly

They want to buy, we want to sell (and vice versa). The problem is that we are voluntarily pulling the rug without having thought it fucking through.

Sure, it may all be ok in a year/2years/5years, but the damage that will do is breathtaking.

Idealogically, I no longer really care who's "right or wrong" - at the front line, we are 2 months away from a potential disaster.

No amount of idealogical goodwill is going to make a customs officer let a lorry through if he's told he can't. None.

This is real world. But still the arguments carry on like it's a discussion about what the outcome of Game of cunting Thrones might be.

Bsinesses will fail within months, if there is no deal. No ifs or buts.

Indeed. Fuckwits like JRM playing with people's lives based on his predisposed ideological beliefs that will have no consequence to him.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

this is what we are dealing with.

WTO is like folk saying admin would be good for Bolton.

The best analogy yet. Its completely based on lies and misinformation.

We knew if we remained what we were getting. When we leave the average voter hasn't the first clue what will happen or what the consequences are because idiots were allowed to without evidence just spout opinions like this. Whilst it is true that it happened on both remain and leave campaign sides, the damage was from those advocating for a change who lied through their teeth - some are maintaining that lie whereas others like Gove have completely backpedalled - pre referendum he said we should just exit with no deal. Now in government he says no deal is a complete disaster to be avoided at all costs. So he's lied either then or now....but these people, the media and the campaign have been allowed to lie, obfuscate and mislead with no real consequence. We know the leave campaign spending was not within the electoral commission rules either. 

People can say a 2nd vote is "undemocratic" and I get that and ideally do not want one. But if democracy is an electorate that has been mislead deliberately by buffoons such as James Delingpole I'd question whether that is democracy in any rational sense. The Nazis were elected "democratically".

Edited by bwfcfan5

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

this is what we are dealing with.

WTO is like folk saying admin would be good for Bolton.

I wonder if Mounts has the answer to that last question? This is the biggest fuck up in modern times if we leave without a deal. as nobody understands the consequences, surely there was the risk / reward analysis done on this before the referendum, oh yeah it was called Project Fear that nobody believed would ever happen.

27 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I wonder if Mounts has the answer to that last question? This is the biggest fuck up in modern times if we leave without a deal. as nobody understands the consequences, surely there was the risk / reward analysis done on this before the referendum, oh yeah it was called Project Fear that nobody believed would ever happen.

This seems to indicate a few rears could be allayed.

Comments by Barnier on Wednesday especially interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46999458

5 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Why would I feel the need to answer a question on something I don’t believe will happen.

in fact I can’t believe your still papping on about a no deal, there’s a deal on the table that only needs a little movement to be the basis of a reasonable deal and one that when tweaked should get through parliament.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why would I feel the need to answer a question on something I don’t believe will happen.

in fact I can’t believe your still papping on about a no deal, there’s a deal on the table that only needs a little movement to be the basis of a deal. 

I think some deal will materialise.

It will have to, as Britain has never previously existed outside the EU, and will doubtless crumble to a broken wasteland.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think some deal will materialise.

It will have to, as Britain has never previously existed outside the EU, and will doubtless crumble to a broken wasteland.

Salford Trotter can’t let go that a deal will be done perhaps he does not want to accept that he was wrong from day 1.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Salford Trotter can’t let go that a deal will be done perhaps he does not want to accept that he was wrong from day 1.

Have we got an agreement on the withdrawal deal then? Just so there is no confusion i have always been referring to an securing an acceptable  trade deal not the withdrawal deal that you get so mixed up with  

Edited by Salford Trotter

13 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Have we got an agreement on the withdrawal deal then? Just so there is no confusion i have always been referring to an securing an acceptable  trade deal not the withdrawal deal that you get so mixed up with  

It’s not me mixed up the WA sets out the path to the final trade deal and one will follow the other, you just can’t admit that both deals will happen. In time you’ll get used to it. 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s not me mixed up the WA sets out the path to the final trade deal and one will follow the other, you just can’t admit that both deals will happen. In time you’ll get used to it. 

Where have i said we won't get a WA or a trade deal? Because I have not said anything of the sort, you need to take another pill mate as you are starting to make stuff up now. 

Edited by Salford Trotter

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

Some of those replies are a little dramatic aren’t they

That's what happens when friends and family lose their jobs or leave family to work abroad. I read today that 250 companies currently based in the UK have approached the Dutch government to enquire about moving there in the event of no deal. This is the reality of what is happening here and now in our country. 

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

That's what happens when friends and family lose their jobs or leave family to work abroad. I read today that 250 companies currently based in the UK have approached the Dutch government to enquire about moving there in the event of no deal. This is the reality of what is happening here and now in our country. 

So do you really think all those comments are from friends and family of people losing their jobs or moving abroad? Or is it people being over dramatic and jumping on the bandwagon? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Some of those replies are a little dramatic aren’t they

Yes, because the reality of Brexit is very dramatic. British people who don't need to die will die. I genuinely hope nobody you know is affected by it. 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

So do you really think all those comments are from friends and family of people losing their jobs or moving abroad? Or is it people being over dramatic and jumping on the bandwagon? 

Make your own mind up who they are, maybe some are maybe some are not. Are they not allowed to share their thoughts now whoever they are?