Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Your a strange egg, you voted out now you want in. Think your on thin ice going down that road. Thanks. 

I voted out because I think (and still do) that the EU is overly dogmatic and  restrictive.

Having now seen the mess voting out has created, I believe reform from within the EU would be better. Brexit has given them a jolt and who's to say that it cannot be the genesis of some much needed reform?

It's not the Brexit I voted for, that's for absolutely fucking certain.

Digging your heels in and just constantly bleating that it was the right choice? You are of course free to do as you choose.

Personally, I'm happy to admit that given what I know now, it was the wrong choice. Say what you like, I'm calling it as I see it. The options at the time are utterly different to the ones we have now, so I can justify my change of heart.

To be clear - it's not what I voted for. You did, you predicted this all along. Fuck knows how, but I know for sure that you need to buy a lottery ticket tonight based on such foresight.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

I voted out because I think (and still do) that the EU is overly dogmatic and  restrictive.

Having now seen the mess voting out has created, I believe reform from within the EU would be better. Brexit has given them a jolt and who's to say that it cannot be the genesis of some much needed reform?

It's not the Brexit I voted for, that's for absolutely fucking certain.

Digging your heels in and just constantly bleating that it was the right choice? You are of course free to do as you choose.

Personally, I'm happy to admit that given what I know now, it was the wrong choice. Say what you like, I'm calling it as I see it. The options at the time are utterly different to the ones we have now, so I can justify my change of heart.

To be clear - it's not what I voted for. You did, you predicted this all along. Fuck knows how, but I know for sure that you need to buy a lottery ticket tonight based on such foresight.

You’ve changed your mind because your work has turned too shit and nothing else. Let’s be honest. 

• Site Supporter

Spider; Cameron tried your approach and got zilch.

Hence the referendum.

In both instances the EU acted as you explained in your reasons for your out vote.

Sadly, the only way reform is going to happen, is for someone to take action as we have.

What the results will be, only time will tell.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spider; Cameron tried your approach and got zilch.

Hence the referendum.

In both instances the EU acted as you explained in your reasons for your out vote.

Sadly, the only way reform is going to happen, is for someone to take action as we have.

What the results will be, only time will tell.

Exactly so and let’s be clear unless we show some resolve they’ll again stone wall us, from where I’m looking we’ve loads of folk who seem to give up the ghost at the first sign of any resistance and most are remainers who want to reverse the original vote. Utterly pathetic. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You’ve changed your mind because your work has turned too shit and nothing else. Let’s be honest. 

You are fucking spot on.

My work, however, is very similar to that of millions of others. The consequences certainly stretch far along the associated supply chains in terms of employment, trade, wages.

That is to say, if it affects me, by association if affects many others.

So yes, I am being selfish but it isn't just me that will lose out with no obvious suggestion that any benefits are on the horizon. But don't tell me you voted for this precise deal mate. Because you didn't.

Incidentally - I voted for Blair. My one and only Labour vote. But at least I knew that I'd get a chance to vote the weasel-faced fuckpimple out a few years later.

Edited by Spider

17 hours ago, Cheese said:

The EU has categorically stated that Withdrawal Agreement negotiations are concluded, and will not be reopened. So unless something extraordinary happens, A50 is not going to get an extention. We can only revoke it entirely, and that is even less likely.

It doesn't matter what the EU says publicly.

What matters is what Merkel says privately.

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

You are fucking spot on.

My work, however, is very similar to that of millions of others. The consequences certainly stretch far along the associated supply chains in terms of employment, trade, wages.

That is to say, if it affects me, by association if affects many others.

So yes, I am being selfish but it isn't just me that will lose out with no obvious suggestion that any benefits are on the horizon. But don't tell me you voted for this precise deal mate. Because you didn't.

I voted to leave the fine detail was left to our government and like I have always said we will get a deal, but quitting the game and letting the EU walk all over is isn’t an option, folk need to stop bleating and screeching and throwing hissy fits and if we do that and show resolve we get the better deal. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Apparently it’s a tried and tested method of the EU in negotiations to pour cold water on proceedings before coming back to the table,  No doubt remainers will be hissy fitting again because of the statements from Juncker and Barnier. let’s wait and see.

5 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Oh Lordy Lordy Malc.....from your link, I can see for the first time ever,that Cheese and myself agree on something,which is A50.

I need to cleanse my soul thinking I’m in the same boat as that mordacious paynim.

Alf Hartigan will be along later accusing me of watching too much Countdown :D

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Apparently it’s a tried and tested method of the EU in negotiations to pour cold water on proceedings before coming back to the table,  No doubt remainers will be hissy fitting again because of the statements from Juncker and Barnier. let’s wait and see.

Said it last week mate re Barnier’s comments on the border issue, but all the left wing fantasists on here completely and conveniently ignored it.

It’s simple mate, they can’t face the undisputed facts.

They’re too busy being dispuatatious and polemical losers :D

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Said it last week mate re Barnier’s comments on the border issue, but all the left wing fantasists on here completely and conveniently ignored it.

It’s simple mate, they can’t face the undisputed facts.

They’re too busy being dispuatatious and polemical losers :D

I look forward to EU explaining why they plan for Ireland to have 2 additional MEPs who will represent Northern Ireland.

• Site Supporter

In the midst of battle......lest us forget our true heroes.

I’m sure our town will turn out in numbers for this fine man

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17393564.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

And rightly so, but what has this got to do with Brexit? All this invoking of "blitz spirit" is embarrassing, disrespectful and perverse. Did British people vote for the Blitz? Did any of the Brexiters claiming "we survived the war so we can survive this" actually do anything in WW2? The same folk comparing Brexit to a World War also claim there will be no down sides. As a nation, we have truly lost our mind. 

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Your views and predictions are totally shit and worthless.

Just shut the fuck up :D

Reasoned views of the typical Brexiteer. 

Cannot have a debate without resorting to insults. Because you will always lose with reason. I can tell it bothers you. Shame.

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Reasoned views of the typical Brexiteer. 

Cannot have a debate without resorting to insults. Because you will always lose with reason. I can tell it bothers you. Shame.

Class.

Look at your insults to others last night.

Have you got the same selective memory as your hero Corbyn ?

Here’s a deserved insult....fuck off you waste of spunk.

Class.

Charming! What insult has upset you my little snowflake? I don’t actually remember insulting anyone last night......

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Charming! What insult has upset you my little snowflake? I don’t actually remember insulting anyone last night......

Ok. ....maybe yesterday morning or afternoon.

Anyway Kofi/Nick ....you’re blocked too.

If you wish to engage with me personally, get my number off the mods and ring me......I’m certain you already have it stored .......I won’t waste time with you on here anymore.

Adios dickhead :D

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I look forward to EU explaining why they plan for Ireland to have 2 additional MEPs who will represent Northern Ireland.

I suspect you already know the answer to that, Ireland will have 2 extra seats due to the vacancies created by UK exit being re distributed.

As I said, I suspect you know and are fully aware why these will look after the interests of citizens in NI.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Class.

Quite. Never stopped. Yours might be a bit more earthy though. :D

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite. Never stopped. Yours might be a bit more earthy though. :D

Correct sir  :D

And to confirm this.....fannyfingers5 and his quotes have more edits than a Paki’s landing card on arrival at Heathrow.

How’s that for earthy :D

On 28/01/2019 at 09:32, bwfcfan5 said:

The trouble is folk like you don't even understand what the EU is, or international trade and are clearly a fruitcake. 

The EU negotiated over 160 bilateral agreements or FTAs with other non-EU countries. When we leave we'll have to start from scratch again. How on earth can anyone suggest your average Brexiteer has a fucking clue what they are talking about when nonsense like this gets repeated? 

Just took Dumbo 2 off block to prove he likes dishing out insults, but being a totally thick cunt, forgets that he has started the name calling and insults.

Someone please pass my mobile number to him as the fruitcake is now back on the pending tray  :D