Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

The reason the UK has virtually no unemployment is because if you are on a Zero Hour contract and work one hour per week you are now classed as being in full time employment. It's really easy for the Government to make things look rosier than they are.

Possibly but the alternative is to get labour in, spend, spend, spend, all looks rosy for a couple of years then as we realise we can’t keep spending unemployment rises and the cycle returns full circle and we return to austerity. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Guest Nordkurve
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Possibly but the alternative is to get labour in, spend, spend, spend, all looks rosy for a couple of years then as we realise we can’t keep spending unemployment rises and the cycle returns full circle and we return to austerity. 

At this moment in time Labour are worse to be honest, at lease with Corbyn in charge. All around him the Country is going crazy and all he can discuss is the fact that the Bus sevices need to be improved. No one will be able to afford to use the Buses if things don't get sorted soon. He played a blinder with Brexit. He pretended to his followers (who overwhelmingly wanted to stay in the EU) that all options are on the table, but then he gets enough of his MPs to side with Theresa Mays proposal, and enough to not vote on Yvette Coopers ammendment to ensure that the Brexit that he really wants moves a step closer.

17 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You are right with a No Deal that's about all though

I know you won’t bottle it mate like the others last night :D........what’s your thoughts on what the Japanese ambassador said on Sky TV yesterday ?

Be quick with your answer mate as I’m in Scotland for my birthday and off to the Rangers game.

26 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I know you won’t bottle it mate like the others last night :D........what’s your thoughts on what the Japanese ambassador said on Sky TV yesterday ?

Be quick with your answer mate as I’m in Scotland for my birthday and off to the Rangers game.

I didn't see it Si and can't find any reference to it online

Is this the same guy?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/22/koji-tsuruoka-japan-ambassador-britain-brexit-single-market

Edited by Salford Trotter

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I didn't see it Si and can't find any reference to it online

Is this the same guy?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/22/koji-tsuruoka-japan-ambassador-britain-brexit-single-market

It was in yesterday’s Telegrapgh Pete and he was on Sky News talking about the deal with us in the event. Of a WTO Brexit.

Re the pic of the Celtic fan......there’s thousands of green balloons at every Parkhead game :D

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

It was in yesterday’s Telegrapgh Pete and he was on Sky News talking about the deal with us in the event. Of a WTO Brexit.

Re the pic of the Celtic fan......there’s thousands of green balloons at every Parkhead game :D

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

So that wasn't you in the video then?

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

he better tell his Japanese mates quickly how good it's going to be

https://readyforbrexit.co.uk/another-dutch-brexit-gain-norinchukin-bank-announces-amsterdam-subsidiary/ 

21 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

he better tell his Japanese mates quickly how good it's going to be

https://readyforbrexit.co.uk/another-dutch-brexit-gain-norinchukin-bank-announces-amsterdam-subsidiary/ 

You are struggling to find negative news if that’s best you can offer, 30 jobs created in Holland. Utterly pathetic your attempts to spin negatively everything against Brexit. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You are struggling to find negative news if that’s best you can offer, 30 jobs created in Holland. Utterly pathetic your attempts to spin negatively everything against Brexit. 

I didn't look for that article I was trying to find the interview that Si had referred to and to be honest there is very little positive news, if any, about Brexit at the moment. We have our politicians tearing each other apart, we are at loggerheads with the EU and we are on the brink of a catastrophic no deal Brexit, what's there to be positive about?   

Are you ready to answer the question I posed earlier yet? 

16 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I didn't look for that article I was trying to find the interview that Si had referred to and to be honest there is very little positive news, if any, about Brexit at the moment. We have our politicians tearing each other apart, we are at loggerheads with the EU and we are on the brink of a catastrophic no deal Brexit, what's there to be positive about?   

Are you ready to answer the question I posed earlier yet? 

The positives are we have the basis of a deal, it gives us many of the reasons we voted to leave, (many you said weren’t possible) we will be outside of the EU in relatively short time, we and others will see that leaving isn’t the end of the world and that’ll strengthen the will of other euro sceptic countries to pluck up the courage. Where the UK lead others will follow. 

23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The positives are we have the basis of a deal, it gives us many of the reasons we voted to leave, (many you said weren’t possible) we will be outside of the EU in relatively short time, we and others will see that leaving isn’t the end of the world and that’ll strengthen the will of other euro sceptic countries to pluck up the courage. Where the UK lead others will follow. 

In other words it is not what you voted for. 

What did i say wasn't possible? Or are you making stuff up again that i have supposed to have said? 

35 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

In other words it is not what you voted for. 

What did i say wasn't possible? Or are you making stuff up again that i have supposed to have said? 

Leaving unless we go WTO was always going to lead to some compromises that’s how it goes, they push too hard, we go WTO and they know that. You said we couldn’t get anything without the 4 freedoms being observed. No doubt you’ll deny it. I’ll let others decide that. 

2 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

At this moment in time Labour are worse to be honest, at lease with Corbyn in charge. All around him the Country is going crazy and all he can discuss is the fact that the Bus sevices need to be improved. No one will be able to afford to use the Buses if things don't get sorted soon. He played a blinder with Brexit. He pretended to his followers (who overwhelmingly wanted to stay in the EU) that all options are on the table, but then he gets enough of his MPs to side with Theresa Mays proposal, and enough to not vote on Yvette Coopers ammendment to ensure that the Brexit that he really wants moves a step closer.

This. At least someone else is awake. 

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Leaving unless we go WTO was always going to lead to some compromises that’s how it goes, they push too hard, we go WTO and they know that. You said we couldn’t get anything without the 4 freedoms being observed. No doubt you’ll deny it. I’ll let others decide that. 

That is just plain wrong, I said we couldn't get access to the single market without giving ground on the 4 freedoms, that is pretty straight forward stuff. You might be mistaking this with what i did say and have said consistently, we will not be better off outside of the single market. We may make some trade deals but will these be better trade deals than the EU have already negotiated? Remember the EU is 7x the size of the UK, would you give more favourable terms to one of your customers that is only 15% of the size of your biggest customer? I very much doubt it and as for whether we will be better off only time will tell i suppose

17 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

That is just plain wrong, I said we couldn't get access to the single market without giving ground on the 4 freedoms, that is pretty straight forward stuff. You might be mistaking this with what i did say and have said consistently, we will not be better off outside of the single market. We may make some trade deals but will these be better trade deals than the EU have already negotiated? Remember the EU is 7x the size of the UK, would you give more favourable terms to one of your customers that is only 15% of the size of your biggest customer? I very much doubt it and as for whether we will be better off only time will tell i suppose

On 13/03/2017 at 09:31, birch-chorley said: 

Can we have a free trade deal without giving up sovereignty? 

If we are to trade freely with them then we will need to adopt their trading standards but from now on we won't get any say in to what those standards are / should be 

We would end up with less sovereignty than we have currently from that perspective 

Unless we ask our manufacturers to work to 2 separate set of standards, EU for exports and U.K for domestic, doesn't sound ideal though working to two sets of rules. Assume we will just work to their standards moving forward as they are such a big part of our export market 

Can anyone name a single EU rule / standard that was ever imposed on us without are will, genuine question as I can't. Shouldn't be too difficult then

As it stands you have to adopt all of the freedoms and not cherry pick what you want or what suits you at the time hence if we want free trade then it is implicit that we allow the other freedoms too. TM has made it clear that we will not accept free movement so we sail out of the EU with WTO terms which cannot be good for UK trade.

Thia is what you said there are a number of posts by you saying similar. Even taking into account the current WA I make you wrong in your assumptions. 

• Site Supporter

Nissan are cutting production up in Sunderland.

i know I’m a bit boring, just waffling on about the effect Brexit is already having, but I’d say those guys who are facing a fairly bleak future up on Wearside would be a bit touchy if you tell them to look at the bigger picture

There isn’t a bigger picture when you can’t pay the gas bill.

No one really gave me a positive about Samsung and LG withdrawing their operations to Holland and Belgium, but I’m sure there must be some? Mounts?

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Nissan are cutting production up in Sunderland.

i know I’m a bit boring, just waffling on about the effect Brexit is already having, but I’d say those guys who are facing a fairly bleak future up on Wearside would be a bit touchy if you tell them to look at the bigger picture

There isn’t a bigger picture when you can’t pay the gas bill.

No one really gave me a positive about Samsung and LG withdrawing their operations to Holland and Belgium, but I’m sure there must be some? Mounts?

They are probably ones who voted for Brexit. Conned by the elite into voting for something that will ultimately hurt them. Whilst the Moggs, Farages, Johnson’s of this world sun off into the sunset even richer.