Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

31 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Brexiters celebrating the exact opposite of what they they actually wanted is the pinnacle of fuck-wittery.

I don't always agree with you, but you're on point here. Celebrating lack of border checks in the same breath as taking back control of our borders is pretty special.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Christ there's some tossers. Complaining about 1M but happy to hand the EU 39B.

Spot the brain cell.

Nobody is "happy" about it you simple old fool. The 39Bn is for things we've already committed to. Although we all know you're an admirer of businessmen who stiff contractors and would rather declare bankruptcy than pay their bills, so I suppose this is along the same lines. 

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Nobody is "happy" about it you simple old fool. The 39Bn is for things we've already committed to. Although we all know you're an admirer of businessmen who stiff contractors and would rather declare bankruptcy than pay their bills, so I suppose this is along the same lines. 

What about the £150million we give them every week for fuck all, net payment?

• Members
57 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Stinking Bishop will struggle if you give him too complex a question matey.

"Admirer of businessmen who stiff contractors and  would rather declare bankruptcy than pay their bills"? What a condescending and completely inaccurate cunt. Fuck all to with him but that is almost exactly what sent my business in Tyldesley under and resulted in me working in an engineering consultancy in Monton for a few years(having lost everything except my family home) to start the fightback which ultimately led to being offered a new start down here.

I have the contradictory twatmangle on ignore yet still get to see some of his inane ramblings via the quote function. I hope the large diameter banana has barbs in it.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

"for fuck all"? Jesus, you've properly swallowed the bullshit. Do you honestly believe we're going to have an extra £150million a week to play with when we leave? Even at this stage, are you still believing the big red bus?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

"Admirer of businessmen who stiff contractors and  would rather declare bankruptcy than pay their bills"? What a condescending and completely inaccurate cunt.

You obviously haven't read much about the historical business practices of your hero, Donald Trump.

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

You mean for the free market access that drives a huge chunk of our economy? What about the 100BN a year worse off our own government expects us to be in the BEST case scenario by 2030? Do you need a calculator?

23 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You mean for the free market access that drives a huge chunk of our economy? What about the 100BN a year worse off our own government expects us to be in the BEST case scenario by 2030? Do you need a calculator?

"What have the Romans ever done for us"? Brexiteers = The People's Front of Judea.

Guest Nordkurve
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:59, Youri McAnespie said:

Another Trotskyite to the site it seems. Wouldn't you be better suited with a St. Pauli skull and crossbones as your avatar? :angry:

Nah, only kidding, welcome fellow leftist, your Sadiq Khan mask and access details for the commie cable's itk section will be forwarded in due course.

Power to the People!

I am far from Left Wing, but I despise this current Tory Government and everything it stands for. They are a complaint waste of oxygen with a few exceptions :)

Guest Nordkurve
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:53, Salford Trotter said:

Aren't the Gvt are buying our blue passports from France? 

They are, but they don't have to buy them from France. They could just as easily give the contract to a UK Company. Still, they need to save as much money as possible now don't they.....

23 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I am far from Left Wing, but I despise this current Tory Government and everything it stands for. They are a complaint waste of oxygen with a few exceptions :)

Who is complaining?

and who are your excepted few?

Edited by boltondiver

• Site Supporter

I've a question 

If it's no deal, we automatically switch to WTO trading terms, correct?

Well I've had to spend the last day or 2 figuring these out for the final remnants of our export customers.

Seamless? yyyyyeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh oooookkkkaaaaayyyyyyyyy then.

Go here: http://tariffdata.wto.org/ReportersAndProducts.aspx

Now, find the product you sell (and bear in mind it's somewhat vague in places) and it will tell you what the tariff is.

Next, remember that there are currently NO tariffs between the UK and other EU members. 

Then, add the tariff for your product on to the price you're selling at.

Finally, inform your customer that their price will be going UP under a WTO scenario for no reason whatsoever, then listen to them piss themselves down the line at you.

Most amusingly of all - let them ask you for the millionth time what the plan is on the 29th March. For a further giggle, they will then tell you that as no solid answer is forthcoming, they're off.

Guest Nordkurve
2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Who is complaining?

and who are your excepted few?

Sorry, meant "complete" as you probably know anyway. My excepted few are the ones that aren't following May's disastrous plan, so I am sure you can work that out yourself, and that includes both Conservative and Labour MPs.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is most of your business exports?

No, but a decent percentage was.

But we didn't see it as export - it's mainly Ireland. 

I will caveat this by saying it's under a no deal scenario. But we are 7 weeks off and still fuck all news. That is ridiculous.

Guest Nordkurve
1 minute ago, Spider said:

No, but a decent percentage was.

But we didn't see it as export - it's mainly Ireland. 

I will caveat this by saying it's under a no deal scenario. But we are 7 weeks off and still fuck all news. That is ridiculous.

Saw a story today that May has told her senior front benchers that the UK will leave on the 29th March whether we have a deal or not. Being as there won't be a deal that means "no deal", in which case your ideas about WTO become project fact. A senior QC today said that Theresa May and her Cronies technically broke the law if she did indeed offer sweeteners to Nissan to keep their Sunderland plant up and running post Brexit. I hope she gets investigated and gets sent down if that is the case, but, you know, it's normal for Politicians to do that sort of stuff isn't it.....

• Site Supporter
Just now, Nordkurve said:

Saw a story today that May has told her senior front benchers that the UK will leave on the 29th March whether we have a deal or not. Being as there won't be a deal that means "no deal", in which case your ideas about WTO become project fact. A senior QC today said that Theresa May and her Cronies technically broke the law if she did indeed offer sweeteners to Nissan to keep their Sunderland plant up and running post Brexit. I hope she gets investigated and gets sent down if that is the case, but, you know, it's normal for Politicians to do that sort of stuff isn't it.....

I don't really see an issue with a government offering incentives to a company that employs 9,000 people to stay open.

If anything, the ultra-Labour north east generally gets ignored by Tories so she deserves some sort of kudos.

Guest Nordkurve
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I don't really see an issue with a government offering incentives to a company that employs 9,000 people to stay open.

If anything, the ultra-Labour north east generally gets ignored by Tories so she deserves some sort of kudos.

I agree, especially about the fact the North East is underfunded, and they didn't give a shit about the Steel industry up there, but the fact is, what they did, or the way they did it more specifically was illegal. Ironically, I imagine it would have had to get EU approval first !