Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, Nordkurve said:

So who is ? The UK Government by withdrawing from the EU, means I won't have those rights anymore. The fact that I lose those rights is directly down to the UK leaving the EU. Explain to me how it is any other groups cause please ?

The 17.4m who voted democratically  to leave.

Guest Nordkurve
Just now, boltondiver said:

The 17.4m who voted democratically  to leave.

You know, this is what I don' get. The referendum has been proven to be a campaign of lies (both sides), illegal funding (both sides, but way more on the leave side) and data manipulation (leave side), yet you still call it Democratic ? In a Democracy you are allowed to have a different opinion and you are allowed to change your mind. There is nothing Democratic about saying "tough shit, you lost". This is why the Country is so fucked up. Let's say for example you live in a Street and some loud mouthed fucker decides he doesn't like Cats. The Street decides to have a vote to get rid of Cats. 52% of the Street vote to get rid of Cats. 48% vote to allow Cats. You have a Cat. Would you simply accept it ? Until what is happening directly affects you, you cannot say. Unless you are an EU Citizen in the UK, or vice versa, or a business owner who trades with Europe, how can you understand what effect this will have on those people. It's a shame that the standard answer is "52% blah, blah, blah". If you have kids or grand kids, I hope they accept that reasoning for having their chances of working and living in Europe massively reduced. Anyway, rant over. It's time for Brekkie.

46 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

You know, this is what I don' get. The referendum has been proven to be a campaign of lies (both sides), illegal funding (both sides, but way more on the leave side) and data manipulation (leave side), yet you still call it Democratic ? In a Democracy you are allowed to have a different opinion and you are allowed to change your mind. There is nothing Democratic about saying "tough shit, you lost". This is why the Country is so fucked up. Let's say for example you live in a Street and some loud mouthed fucker decides he doesn't like Cats. The Street decides to have a vote to get rid of Cats. 52% of the Street vote to get rid of Cats. 48% vote to allow Cats. You have a Cat. Would you simply accept it ? Until what is happening directly affects you, you cannot say. Unless you are an EU Citizen in the UK, or vice versa, or a business owner who trades with Europe, how can you understand what effect this will have on those people. It's a shame that the standard answer is "52% blah, blah, blah". If you have kids or grand kids, I hope they accept that reasoning for having their chances of working and living in Europe massively reduced. Anyway, rant over. It's time for Brekkie.

Nothwithstanding your view on our democracy, it has happened and it seems you are not accepting it.

I'd suggest that it would be best to get on with your life. You have the choice of whether to or not, but if you can find a way of doing this, it might be less painful for you.

It isn't in my nature to be patronising, just trying to help a little.

I'm sure some of the 17.4m are sensible, rational citizens who feel that this was the best course of action or their country.

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Nothwithstanding your view on our democracy, it has happened and it seems you are not accepting it.

I'd suggest that it would be best to get on with your life. You have the choice of whether to or not, but if you can find a way of doing this, it might be less painful for you.

It isn't in my nature to be patronising, just trying to help a little.

I'm sure some of the 17.4m are sensible, rational citizens who feel that this was the best course of action or their country.

100% per fuckin cent.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Cheese said:

What would help people in that situation then? Crossing their fingers and "believing in Britain" a bit harder? 

Removing doom mongers, hand wringers, self righteous tossers who repeatedly bemoan their luck and call folk racist, thick, etc..

Put them all on an island, no internet and no connection to the mainland, until they cry themselves to oblivion.

Get the infectious diatribes away from society for a while, whilst the rest of us tackle whatever presents itself with positivity.

Guest Nordkurve
9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

100% per fuckin cent.

Yeh, and I am also sure that the more than 17 million people who don't want Brexit also have some sensible people as well, but as you won, I guess it's "tough shit" ? We live in a Democratic Society that only allows the first opinion (in this case, the Referendum result) to count. Fair enough, I will stay out this thread now. It's wasted time to offer opinions if it keeps going back to "52%".

4 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Yeh, and I am also sure that the more than 17 million people who don't want Brexit also have some sensible people as well, but as you won, I guess it's "tough shit" ? We live in a Democratic Society that only allows the first opinion (in this case, the Referendum result) to count. Fair enough, I will stay out this thread now. It's wasted time to offer opinions if it keeps going back to "52%".

Yes we do.

The result stands.

You can’t have best of three/five etc.

Guest Nordkurve
33 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Yes we do.

The result stands.

You can’t have best of three/five etc.

Well, you can....

Miami, do you live in Miami or Bolton ?

Edited by Nordkurve
Ask a question

2 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

Just out of interest, how how is leaving the EU directly affecting you?

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, darwen_white said:

Just out of interest, how how is leaving the EU directly affecting you?

I lose the immediate right to live and work in 27 other Countries. My UK pension will no longer be index linked, etc, etc, etc (no deal Brexit rules apply). If you live in the UK and don't give a shit about working anywhere other than the UK you won't be affected.

Guest Nordkurve
36 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Nordkurve, there's a manager's job going up Lancaster way, hothouse tomato-growing I believe. I'm sure you could turn your hand to venting etc. - being aeronautical in background?

Stop bleating, grow a spine, it'll all pan out...

#Fish'n'Chips4Prosecco

Yeh, i'm in if the pay is ok. 6 grand per month minimum though and I don't mean tomatoes.

5 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Yeh, i'm in if the pay is ok. 6 grand per month minimum though and I don't mean tomatoes.

6kg per month - in tomato vines, they can be burned as fuel...

Anyway, dip off, facts and actual real life corollaries of Brexshit aren't welcome here.

You too, Spider.

And anyone else thinking of coming on here crying about the loss of livelihoods etc. - you're not welcome.

Bugger off to the continent if it's so great there, and take those swarthy mouthy Romanian gits that frequent my gym with you... :angry: