Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

It’s not about going round throwing punches at ethic minorities.

There’s inferance - bigotry isn’t just about being a paid up member of extreme far right groups, and I’m afraid it’s all over parts of this thread. The difficulty is it’s hard to see it if you only think you speak the truth.

It’s worrying that such extreme views are now so engrained in some that they honestly think they are just ‘speaking the truth’. Ironically you have the anti semites on the left of Labour saying ‘we are just saying it how it is’ and the right talking about Islam ‘just saying it how it is’. Both utterly obsessed and thinking they are in the right and just being honest....

Can we not send em all off somewhere for a big scrap thousands of miles away from the rest of us?

• Members
7 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Two from 6 years ago....is that the best you can do ?

One was pissed up and drugged up like I said......we all make mistakes don’t we ?

Nothing since though.

I won’t put you on ignore,as you make sense re the Switzerland deal,and like you say,hopefully many more will follow suit.

We’ll engage more once Sadiq doesn’t get re-elected.

Back to the EU now....I see Irexit is starting to gain momentum,as is Frexit.....totally mad footage there from the weekend of firefighters v the police....total madness.

And J K Rowling gaining support for a group going against Corbyn.

It’s a crazy world.

And Jeremy On LSD should take note, the only 'sandal' I have any involvement with is the aromatic wood we are lucky enough to have here in abundance which commands a high price and is an industry I supply to.

• Members
5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

These deals with smaller countries while important aren’t the deals we need to renegotiate happy to arrange same deal as we already have, the main focus will be on China, USA,  India, and that’s where we could benefit massively. 

I note Liam Fox reckons 36 of the 40 will be completed on time. 90% must be excellent if 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

• Members
4 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Some of those 36 deals also include trade deals with Japan and South Korea, I'd wager they'd be up there with some pretty important trade partners that we'd need to agree a continuity trade deal with, don't you agree?

Edit: Just watch the India trade deal as they've already intimated they'll be looking for the relaxation of the current Visa controls, is that what you want?

No problem for me. More hard working Indians who seem to assimilate well can only be a good thing.

Guest Nordkurve
10 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Theresa May has ended freedom of movent?

It's one of the red lines in her withdrawal agreement. An end to Freedom of Movement. It is HER withdrawal agreement, therefore, yes, she is the one ending it.

Edited by Nordkurve

Guest Nordkurve
7 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Some of those 36 deals also include trade deals with Japan and South Korea, I'd wager they'd be up there with some pretty important trade partners that we'd need to agree a continuity trade deal with, don't you agree?

Edit: Just watch the India trade deal as they've already intimated they'll be looking for the relaxation of the current Visa controls, is that what you want?

Japan have already said that any deal with the UK post Brexit will be worse than the one with the EU because we will be in a much weaker position to negotiate.

Guest Nordkurve
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

... and even if it did happen (which it won't), the new 6 Euro visa sorts it.

More Project Fear.

A deal will be done anyway.

A 6 Euro Visa doesn't let you live there permanently like you can now. It doesn't let you set up a business like you can now. Project Fact.

9 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

It’s not about going round throwing punches at ethic minorities.

There’s inferance - bigotry isn’t just about being a paid up member of extreme far right groups, and I’m afraid it’s all over parts of this thread. The difficulty is it’s hard to see it if you only think you speak the truth.

Inference - a conclusion based on evidence and reasoning.

As the UK is at a current terror threat level of “severe” and has been for some time, combined with record highs in the number of grooming gangs, it’s fair to say our inference is based on evidence and facts.

Chin chin., take care out there.

Edited by miamiwhite

Guest Nordkurve
8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d agree Japan for sure the EU just agreed a free trade deal with japan. I’m very relaxed about immigration of folk from any where as long as they’ve something to offer, something to offer being key, rather than freedom of movement for folk who offer nothing just because they’ve an EU passport. 

So how do you explain that EU Nationals in the UK have a higher employment rate (81.2%) than British Citizens (75.6%) and non EU Citizens ie Indians, Pakistanis, Australians, Chinese (63.2%). How are they offering nothing ? If the 3 million plus EU Citizens just fucked off overnight who does their jobs ? They aren't all cleaners. There are many who are Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, Care Workers, Plumbers etc. How can the Government afford to train people when they would rather spend millions doubling the land grants to Grouse Shooting Estates than spend the money even on helping the homeless ? Sacrifice Freedom of Movement for your family and your kids families only to replace the Foreigners with a different set of Foreigners ? I don't get that to be honest.

1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

So how do you explain that EU Nationals in the UK have a higher employment rate (81.2%) than British Citizens (75.6%) and non EU Citizens ie Indians, Pakistanis, Australians, Chinese (63.2%). How are they offering nothing ? If the 3 million plus EU Citizens just fucked off overnight who does their jobs ? They aren't all cleaners. There are many who are Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, Care Workers, Plumbers etc. How can the Government afford to train people when they would rather spend millions doubling the land grants to Grouse Shooting Estates than spend the money even on helping the homeless ? Sacrifice Freedom of Movement for your family and your kids families only to replace the Foreigners with a different set of Foreigners ? I don't get that to be honest.

We get to choose who comes into the UK that’s the difference under EU rules any body can just move here without checks on their suitability or criminal record. Anyhow we voted to leave and to end free movement from the EU, so I see little point in debating this subject further, just accept it. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Isn’t he just! I think he’s a tad jealous that I’ll be joining the full English breakfast and lager lunch louts in Benidorm soon, worked all my life to be part of that jet set. :) 

...and I'll be joining the espinaca con garbanzos and Mahou lot near Alhaurin El Grande :D

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Buy 4 every year and go back to uk for a week. 

You can hold one at a time and stay for 90 days in a total of 180 days. In other words you can spend half your time there. 

And such system is contingent on the UK offering exactly the same scheme in return. Which I do not believe we have yet offered......

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You can hold one at a time and stay for 90 days in a total of 180 days. In other words you can spend half your time there. 

And such system is contingent on the UK offering exactly the same scheme in return. Which I do not believe we have yet offered......

Don’t worry yourself, it’ll be all fine come the day. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Guest Nordkurve
54 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We get to choose who comes into the UK that’s the difference under EU rules any body can just move here without checks on their suitability or criminal record. Anyhow we voted to leave and to end free movement from the EU, so I see little point in debating this subject further, just accept it. 

I accept fuck all in this regard. I might have to put up with it though. "we won and just accept it" is a ridiculous standpoint and typical of someone who doesn't understand the existing rules. The UK can chose already even with regards to EU Citizens. The UK is not in Schengen so every person (rubber boats aside) is checked coming in to the UK. The UK has access to the Criminal status of all the EU Citizens coming in. If EU Criminals are getting in that is the fault of UK agencies for not turning them away.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I accept fuck all in this regard. I might have to put up with it though. "we won and just accept it" is a ridiculous standpoint and typical of someone who doesn't understand the existing rules. The UK can chose already even with regards to EU Citizens. The UK is not in Schengen so every person (rubber boats aside) is checked coming in to the UK. The UK has access to the Criminal status of all the EU Citizens coming in. If EU Criminals are getting in that is the fault of UK agencies for not turning them away.

Listen matey - you are too late on the scene. We've had all the arguments with your fellow Remoaners Remainers over the last couple of years.

The time to deliver on the will of the people draws nigh no matter what you contribute with your JCL arguments.

Mounts will have been proved right all along. Denouement is close and it seems more likely every day that a deal will be reached if for no other reason than the Germans in particular now want it badly and the rest of the EU needs it. My laissez faire preferences (no deal, WTO and a separate agreement with the ROI to avoid the hard border) will have fallen by the wayside. I will get over the disappointment.

The sun will come up on the 30th March. Mahou will still be being quaffed by thirsty Englishmen on the Costa Del Sol. All the fine detail will be sorted by bloated bureaucrats. Life will go on.

3 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

Yes you're going to have to put up with It democracy rules. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

37 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

You are trying to win an argument with people who agree that the outcome is not defined and the process to leave is not defined but are convinced the outcome will be better, because that is what they believe.

It is really not worth the effort.

Was going to say they will trot out the democracy card next but Mounts already has, if you are lucky they will tell you about retaining our sovereignty at some point although the referendum has no standing in our constitutional processes.

Just relax everything will be OK (Although please do not expect them to be able to explain what OK means or the future looks like)

Everyone knew exactly what they voting for as explained by Boris and Gove. (Please do not mention that Gove voted for Mays deal and Boris against it showing they have different opinions of what it was all about)

You have already reached Remoaner status in the eyes of Bolty, please do not react by calling them names they get upset when that happens, bless the little snowflakes.  

59 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

What is your plan if you don’t accept it?