Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Guest Nordkurve
15 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

What is your plan if you don’t accept it?

Become a German Citizen. It's hard work but it will be worth it. I'm trying to figure out if this thread is full of wind up merchants as I can't really believe someone thinks that getting 4 x 90 day tourist visas gives you the same rights as Freedom of Movement. You can't buy a house, or start a business, or get access to free medical care with a 90 day tourist visa. You can drink loads of cheap spanish Beer though so every cloud etc. I better jump out of this thread. I'm too old to risk having a heart attack from reading everything will be fine as an answer to every doubt raised on here.

1 minute ago, Nordkurve said:

Become a German Citizen. It's hard work but it will be worth it. I'm trying to figure out if this thread is full of wind up merchants as I can't really believe someone thinks that getting 4 x 90 day tourist visas gives you the same rights as Freedom of Movement. You can't buy a house, or start a business, or get access to free medical care with a 90 day tourist visa. You can drink loads of cheap spanish Beer though so every cloud etc. I better jump out of this thread. I'm too old to risk having a heart attack from reading everything will be fine as an answer to every doubt raised on here.

Seems a reasonable plan; all the best!

2 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

No, I think you've got the general gist there.

Guest Nordkurve
31 minutes ago, Ani said:

You are trying to win an argument with people who agree that the outcome is not defined and the process to leave is not defined but are convinced the outcome will be better, because that is what they believe.

It is really not worth the effort.

Was going to say they will trot out the democracy card next but Mounts already has, if you are lucky they will tell you about retaining our sovereignty at some point although the referendum has no standing in our constitutional processes.

Just relax everything will be OK (Although please do not expect them to be able to explain what OK means or the future looks like)

Everyone knew exactly what they voting for as explained by Boris and Gove. (Please do not mention that Gove voted for Mays deal and Boris against it showing they have different opinions of what it was all about)

You have already reached Remoaner status in the eyes of Bolty, please do not react by calling them names they get upset when that happens, bless the little snowflakes.  

I thought us lot were "Snowflakes" in the eyes of the patriotic, EU hating lot ? Just looking at Rees-Mogg, Gove, Johnson, Farage and May "should" be enough to see what a bunch of fucking Morons are driving this through. What do they all have in common ? They are all Millionaires and all have a vested interest in being out of the EU before the Tax Avoidance Directive comes in to effect in April. "Just relax everything will be OK". I imagine that's what they tell people on death row as the chemicals are pumped in to them.

19 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

There aren’t many wind up merchants on here.

just Cheese, I think

1 hour ago, Ani said:

You are trying to win an argument with people who agree that the outcome is not defined and the process to leave is not defined but are convinced the outcome will be better, because that is what they believe.

Was going to say they will trot out the democracy card next but Mounts already has, if you are lucky they will tell you about retaining our sovereignty at some point although the referendum has no standing in our constitutional processes.

Just relax everything will be OK (Although please do not expect them to be able to explain what OK means or the future looks like)

Everyone knew exactly what they voting for as explained by Boris and Gove. (Please do not mention that Gove voted for Mays deal and Boris against it showing they have different opinions of what it was all about)

You have already reached Remoaner status in the eyes of Bolty, please do not react by calling them names they get upset when that happens, bless the little snowflakes.  

This...quite laughable for someone to suggest that Mounts knows everything about this debacle, I don't think even Mounts would claim that now. Like I've said previously, a clock is correct at least once a day 

2 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

I accept fuck all in this regard. I might have to put up with it though. "we won and just accept it" is a ridiculous standpoint and typical of someone who doesn't understand the existing rules. The UK can chose already even with regards to EU Citizens. The UK is not in Schengen so every person (rubber boats aside) is checked coming in to the UK. The UK has access to the Criminal status of all the EU Citizens coming in. If EU Criminals are getting in that is the fault of UK agencies for not turning them away.

There is no point bringing facts and evidence and reason into it. Absolutely none. They don't do fact, or evidence, or even reality. 

They've brought into an idea so clearly built on lies it is spelled out every day but rather like Trump supporters in the USA they ensconce themselves with media that reinforces their incorrect knowledge and accuse everyone else of "project fear" or fake news. It is an ideological cult. 

I'd love to see the desire to leave tested again with the wider public, but it isn't happening. Our politicians are so spineless that they cannot bring themselves to do what 95% know is the right thing to do and try and stop this train wreck. I had an illuminating conversation the other week with an MP the other week - some things they told me were truly frightening. What members of the cabinet (even Brexiteer ones) are saying behind closed doors would keep you awake at night! They know this is a complete and utter train wreck. But party politics has trumped doing the right thing for the country. I think at one point May was trying to do the right thing, but that has been lost and she's now hellbent on stopping her party falling apart regardless of the shit that leaves us in. The only hope is a deal is agreed - but there is a risk now - the EU are going to try and force her to move towards a softer Brexit - so are unlikely to move to offering what she wants, or a strong enough version of what she wants. They've seen an opportunity when Corbyn sent his letter and want to push that. May won't split her party and the risk of no deal is there. I still believe a deal will be done but its literally do we want to slow the economy down for years with a slow bleed or crash into the rocks and break every bone in our body and start again. 

1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

My reply about 4 visas was tongue in cheek I do not remotely think your fears come true.  I have a place in Spain and I am not the least bit concerned, folk lived there before the EU and will do the same after we leave.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

55 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

There is no point bringing facts and evidence and reason into it. Absolutely none. They don't do fact, or evidence, or even reality. 

They've brought into an idea so clearly built on lies it is spelled out every day but rather like Trump supporters in the USA they ensconce themselves with media that reinforces their incorrect knowledge and accuse everyone else of "project fear" or fake news. It is an ideological cult. 

I'd love to see the desire to leave tested again with the wider public, but it isn't happening. Our politicians are so spineless that they cannot bring themselves to do what 95% know is the right thing to do and try and stop this train wreck. I had an illuminating conversation the other week with an MP the other week - some things they told me were truly frightening. What members of the cabinet (even Brexiteer ones) are saying behind closed doors would keep you awake at night! They know this is a complete and utter train wreck. But party politics has trumped doing the right thing for the country. I think at one point May was trying to do the right thing, but that has been lost and she's now hellbent on stopping her party falling apart regardless of the shit that leaves us in. The only hope is a deal is agreed - but there is a risk now - the EU are going to try and force her to move towards a softer Brexit - so are unlikely to move to offering what she wants, or a strong enough version of what she wants. They've seen an opportunity when Corbyn sent his letter and want to push that. May won't split her party and the risk of no deal is there. I still believe a deal will be done but its literally do we want to slow the economy down for years with a slow bleed or crash into the rocks and break every bone in our body and start again. 

95%? Why you lying?  

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Folk voted to either to leave the EU or stay, and no one can predict if we will be better in our out, except it seems remainers who keep telling us it will be a car crash, the reason they continue to say that is simply because they cannot get over the vote and wish to overturn the original vote.

What is clear is that there were many reasons folk voted to leave, what is also clear is that there was a clear majority to leave, democracy must be upheld. 

A second vote would be the worst of all worlds, it would no doubt be another close vote and potentially make matters worse, more business uncertainty and potential civil unrest and even more damaging would be the consequences of folk losing trust in democracy.     

59 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Opening line ‘ no point bringing facts and evidence into it’

95%, fact or fiction?

slow bleed or crash on the rocks, fact or fiction?

Yes, some jobs and businesses will go as a result of Brexit but, IMO, more jobs and businesses will be created once we are out, the genie is out of the bottle, do you honestly believe that we can just hold another quick vote and Remain can win and the whole Brexit nightmare can be forgotten 

If the last 2years has proved anything it’s proved how much interference the unelected ruling class in the EU hold over the UK and the power that Barnier,Drunker, Tusk, etc have over us, I don’t want that, I want the opportunity to remove politicians who I’m not happy with.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Bring it on!

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Your still lying. 

Its "you're". And you're still deluded. 

But whatever, try speaking to some - off the record and see what they say about the situation. Apart from the ERG mentalists and about 5 Labour leave MPs they all agree this is a train wreck. Few will break rank and say so publicly for fear of their positions within their respective parties. And being painted negatively by the Daily Mail etc.....

If you speak to a decent Tory MP ask them what Michael Gove's been saying recently - in private.......

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its "you're". And you're still deluded. 

But whatever, try speaking to some - off the record and see what they say about the situation. Apart from the ERG mentalists and about 5 Labour leave MPs they all agree this is a train wreck. Few will break rank and say so publicly for fear of their positions within their respective parties. And being painted negatively by the Daily Mail etc.....

If you speak to a decent Tory MP ask them what Michael Gove's been saying recently - in private.......

Ha ha the grammar police have arrived.  :) You're still lying.  

3 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

How ironic that you say leavers don’t go fact, evidence or reality......then go on to say 95% of politicians can’t bring themselves to do the right thing! 

Utter shite...