Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
14 hours ago, Ani said:

You are trying to win an argument with people who agree that the outcome is not defined and the process to leave is not defined but are convinced the outcome will be better, because that is what they believe.

It is really not worth the effort.

Was going to say they will trot out the democracy card next but Mounts already has, if you are lucky they will tell you about retaining our sovereignty at some point although the referendum has no standing in our constitutional processes.

Just relax everything will be OK (Although please do not expect them to be able to explain what OK means or the future looks like)

Everyone knew exactly what they voting for as explained by Boris and Gove. (Please do not mention that Gove voted for Mays deal and Boris against it showing they have different opinions of what it was all about)

You have already reached Remoaner status in the eyes of Bolty, please do not react by calling them names they get upset when that happens, bless the little snowflakes.  

Tra, la, la...............plink!

Edited by bolty58

• Members
12 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

95%? Why you lying?  

He's becoming more and more hysterical as the day approaches as are most of the other extreme Europhiles. Can you imagine some of these fuckers negotiating a single thing without being taken to the cleaners?

Fritz Squarehead should be aware that what he terms 'EU haters' is not accurate. If it had remained a Common Market and not an experiment in federalisation I don't believe there's any way the UK would have voted Leave and nor would even the thought of a referendum on the subject would even have come up.

There'll be a deal. Nailed on. Not necessarily what most Leavers wanted but like everything else in life, a compromise.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
8 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Mahou is catpiss that even Spanish hobos shun. FACT #1 (source: common knowledge).

The Spanish plan to sequester all retirement lairs of Brexiteer immigrants only then unceremoniously boot them out. FACT #2 (source: King Juan Carlos' butler).

Nigel Farage has been smuggling in Romanian Gypsies via the service tunnel of the Chunnel to work in his child chimney-sweep and pickpocket ring (source: Eurostar guard in a pub near Waterloo station).

More facts to follow...

On to the hard stuff now eh?

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

On to the hard stuff now eh?

It's funny (peculiar not "haha") you mention that as I wrote those facts 'in drink' - I was almost two thirds of the way through a half of craft cider at the Bolton Market Ale Bar. It was the continuation of a epic three-day binge that began Saturday afternoon with a pint of lager shandy, and, after a breather on Sunday and Monday, saw me getting stuck in again with this half...

As I've wrote before I find these drink-related jibes comical.

I'm not currently pissing it up or whiteknuckling/sweating it out until the next dram, nor am I ashamed of my former ability to sup all the booze in any house, the last of the de-icer followed by a 'petrol from the lawn strimmer' chaser...

Anyway, just for you, another fact...

Ghoul 'Tommy Robinson' obtained his tartan suit by defiling the grave of much-loved comic Sir Ronnie Corbett. Although there's no evidence for it, it is believed 'Tommy' scaled the 0.75m high wall surrounding the cemetery using a safety pin grappling hook before carrying out his grisly theft. (source: Ronnie Barker's ghost).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It's funny (peculiar not "haha") you mention that as I wrote those facts 'in drink' - I was almost two thirds of the way through a half of craft cider at the Bolton Market Ale Bar. It was the continuation of a epic three-day binge that began Saturday afternoon with a pint of lager shandy, and, after a breather on Sunday and Monday, saw me getting stuck in again with this half...

As I've wrote before I find these drink-related jibes comical.

I'm not currently pissing it up or whiteknuckling/sweating it out until the next dram, nor am I ashamed of my former ability to sup all the booze in any house, the last of the de-icer followed by a 'petrol from the lawn strimmer' chaser...

Content to know that it still rankles :drinks:

And the brilliant news just keeps rolling in.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ford-motor/ford-told-uk-pm-may-it-is-preparing-alternative-production-sites-the-times-idUKKCN1Q12SK

So - no Brexit dividend, in fact quite the opposite. Companies pulling investments. Lowest economic growth in 6 years with the next 12 months forecast to be worse. Major manufacturers taking steps to leave the UK. £14M contracts to companies using takeaway terms and conditions going tits up. 36/40 promised trade deals nowhere near done. Pharmacists worried seriously about medicines shortages. Supermarkets talking about food shortages...

What a fucking shitshow. A totally self-inflicted shitshow too. 

Yet the deluded lot will still claim its all "going to plan". Christ on a bike!

Edited by bwfcfan5

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And the brilliant news just keeps rolling in.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ford-motor/ford-told-uk-pm-may-it-is-preparing-alternative-production-sites-the-times-idUKKCN1Q12SK

So - no Brexit dividend, in fact quite the opposite. Companies pulling investments. Lowest economic growth in 6 years with the next 12 months forecast to be worse. Major manufacturers taking steps to leave the UK. £14M contracts to companies using takeaway terms and conditions going tits up. 36/40 promised trade deals nowhere near done. Pharmacists worried seriously about medicines shortages. Supermarkets talking about food shortages...

What a fucking shitshow. A totally self-inflicted shitshow too. 

Yet the deluded lot will still claim its all "going to plan". Christ on a bike!

It’s worth it, though

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:42, Nordkurve said:

That's 100% not true for Pensioners. My Mum and Dad lived there for more than ten years. They both passed away in Spain in the last couple of years. They paid no Health Insurance. It was completely free for registered Brits living in Spain. Theresa May will end Freedom of Movement. That works both ways. It means you will no longer simply be able to go and live in Spain no questions asked. You will have to apply to live there, and you can be knocked back if it is deemed you will be a burden in anyway.

It would seem you are correct and Mounts is wrong, it called the S1 certificate, but this is from the BBC so is Mounts will just call it project fear

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47214093

5 hours ago, boltondiver said:

It’s worth it, though

Has that clown totally swallowed a whole book on Project Fear G ?

Weve already dismissed the medicines shortage,courtesy of the official NHS website and the food shortage is a classic....god knows how us Brits have never starved in our lifetime isn’t it  ?

I note, thanks to the quote function,that he hasn’t mentioned Mark Carney’s speech yesterday nor has he mentioned certain other favourable factors.

He should watch the fiasco which TMGJ mentioned last night re the EU in turmoil to get a full picture of what a shambles the failed project really is.

He’ll see soon enough.

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Has that clown totally swallowed a whole book on Project Fear G ?

Weve already dismissed the medicines shortage,courtesy of the official NHS website and the food shortage is a classic....god knows how us Brits have never starved in our lifetime isn’t it  ?

I note, thanks to the quote function,that he hasn’t mentioned Mark Carney’s speech yesterday nor has he mentioned certain other favourable factors.

He should watch the fiasco which TMGJ mentioned last night re the EU in turmoil to get a full picture of what a shambles the failed project really is.

He’ll see soon enough.

Interesting speech from Carney, let’s hope he’s right about a golden era of free trade, enhancing democratic accountability.

probably pissed or similar 

Just now, boltondiver said:

Interesting speech from Carney, let’s hope he’s right about a golden era of free trade, enhancing democratic accountability.

probably pissed or similar 

Very interesting speech G, but fanny5 was reluctant to mention it like EVERY REMAINER on here have....hmmm...I wonder why ?