Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

The Devil, as always, is in the detail.

I sent Mounts an email we'd received the other day (can't put it on here, bit too sensitive in terms of data).

The uncertainty around likely tariffs is killing us. Even if Brexit was the nirvana some expect, the fact that we cannot say how it is being delivered has absolutely floored us and many others.

The "concept" of brexit is possibly advantageous. The reality of it is that we cannot trade with people with whom we have uninterrupted relationships for many many years.

To give it a rather poignant spin - think Berlin after the war. It's not too dissimilar.

• Site Supporter

Fair point spider. In response to both you and Gonzo, I'd paraphrase the MP who spoke in the house of commons yesterday.

She said that sorting this out as quickly as possible is paramount, not because of brexit, but because of the uncertainty around it.

At the time that the deal was first announced, there was plenty of optimism from industry. 

It was rejected as we know for different reasons, but broadly speaking it would pass through with a comparatively small amount of further work.

It's now in their court.

Fwiw, any major company would have to be making plans based on different potential outcomes.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fair point spider. In response to both you and Gonzo, I'd paraphrase the MP who spoke in the house of commons yesterday.

She said that sorting this out as quickly as possible is paramount, not because of brexit, but because of the uncertainty around it.

At the time that the deal was first announced, there was plenty of optimism from industry. 

It was rejected as we know for different reasons, but broadly speaking it would pass through with a comparatively small amount of further work.

It's now in their court.

Fwiw, any major company would have to be making plans based on different potential outcomes.

We’ve tried that.

on each occasion the result is one of teeth grinding hassle.

i understand when people say “They want to buy, you want to sell, what’s the problem?”

trust me, that’s a valid and logical statement.

the reality is that things like tariffs, borders, customs, regulations and all the other boring, unsensational details stop this from happening.

This should all have been sorted a fucking long time ago. 

The 29th March has been coming for 3 years, and the government, opposition and all other representatives have utterly fucked us.

no matter which side of the fence you’re on, that is an absolute fact.

• Site Supporter

Not disputing that, I agree entirely. Not sure what you mean by "we've tried that"- preparation for different outdoors?

I think we all can see and appreciate your difficulties: the longer the cunticles, screechers, and pompous fucktards piss around in parliament the worse it's going to get.

6 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

I see Sadiq Kahan as stooped another bit of madness from good old Boris

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47228698

Chief idea behind it - Joanna Lumley 

Chief mate of idea behind it - Boris

Chief architect behind it - Joanna Lumley's  mate 

Number of people in London who wanted it - cock all 

Amount spent on something that nobody wanted £40+ million 

Imagine how much of that could have been put into policing the streets 

5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Chief idea behind it - Joanna Lumley 

Chief mate of idea behind it - Boris

Chief architect behind it - Joanna Lumley's  mate 

Number of people in London who wanted it - cock all 

Amount spent on something that nobody wanted £40+ million 

Imagine how much of that could have been put into policing the streets 

Check the report and stop lying....many people wanted it.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Pity the useless twat can’t stop the endless murders......I’ll leave my rod out too :D

Is Khan responsible for the repeated swingeing police cuts over the last decade? If not, I'm interested in what it is you think he should be doing? 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

Absofuckinglutely. How much money to save half an hour?  We can already get from Manc or Wigan to Euston in 2 hours.

Spot on. Shit loads more to travel I would imagine too. For what- half an hour. Which can be spent working with WiFi connectivity anyhow if you need to.

Heard something earlier- a preview of some programme to be aired. HS2 is costing £3m per day already (or did they say an hour?). 

Kinell, they could buy every fucker a new ford car with that... :)

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spot on. Shit loads more to travel I would imagine too. For what- half an hour. Which can be spent working with WiFi connectivity anyhow if you need to.

Heard something earlier- a preview of some programme to be aired. HS2 is costing £3m per day already (or did they say an hour?). 

Kinell, they could buy every fucker a new ford car with that... :)

They could build an extra motorway round Manchester and have change to dig a tunnel to Spain with that

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Is Khan responsible for the repeated swingeing police cuts over the last decade? If not, I'm interested in what it is you think he should be doing? 

Maybe there wouldn’t have been so many cuts if they didn’t have to spunk so much on police bills for FLA marches every other week :)