Politics

miamiwhite

15 hours ago, Cheese said:

Can you give an example? 

14 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

San Juan Islands.

13 hours ago, Cheese said:

Be serious Malc.

You rubbished BD's suggestion of independent mediation.

I gave you an example where this happened, so you find this laughable. No surprise then.

The islands were disputed between Britain and USA but they didn't want to go to war over the issue, so they referred to the Kaiser for an independent decision.

You can say it was 150 or so years ago, you can claim that it is not relevant because it doesn't suit you, but you cannot claim that it is not true. because it is wholly true. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

You rubbished BD's suggestion of independent mediation.

I gave you an example where this happened, so you find this laughable. No surprise then.

The islands were disputed between Britain and USA but they didn't want to go to war over the issue, so they referred to the Kaiser for an independent decision.

You can say it was 150 or so years ago, you can claim that it is not relevant because it doesn't suit you, but you cannot claim that it is not true. because it is wholly true. 

Ok Malcolm. You know best. Let's do that then. Sorted.

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Fuck it let’s have another vote, Oli Khan down the local takeaway ain’t happy 

24 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

there were lies on both sides, let's be honest about it  -  both sides were telling fuck off massive whoppers

Just now, royal white said:

Over 17 million? Really? 

It was a combination of older folk who did not want to go in the common market originally (ie. Malc), gullible folk who were given false promises (as per the article posted), poor people who saw a chance to bloody the nose of the governemnt and people who see immigration from the EU as our biggest issue (when it is actually the opposite). These were the people who Farage and co could see were ripe for the picking. 

10 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

It was a combination of older folk who did not want to go in the common market originally (ie. Malc), gullible folk who were given false promises (as per the article posted), poor people who saw a chance to bloody the nose of the governemnt and people who see immigration from the EU as our biggest issue (when it is actually the opposite). These were the people who Farage and co could see were ripe for the picking. 

some of that's true....but not 17M, some had other reasons for wanting to leave. They weren't all thick owd racists and paupers, only some of them :D

17 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Utter shite 

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

there were lies on both sides, let's be honest about it  -  both sides were telling fuck off massive whoppers

I think that's massive false equivalence. There were exaggerations and the usual political nonsense on both sides. But only one side deliberately and knowingly set up people like the organisation in the story with a pack of absolute lies that they totally knew were not true.
The whole "yes but remain said the economy would collapse after the vote" response that I know will follow is a) not the same since it was a prediction and based on economic modelling and the economy DID slow and has remained slowed b) the BoE avoided many of these predictions via quantitative easing and pumping £70Bn into the economy to avoid the worst possible consequences. 

So telling people "hey you'll be able to bring cheap labour over from Bangladesh and India no problem - an outright lie.....compared to "the economy will suffer significantly" an exaggeration based on some solid predictions with an element of truth to it. 

Huge false equivalence. IMHO. 

9 minutes ago, royal white said:

I know many people who don’t fall into the above, as I bet you probably you do....so yes it is utter shite 

Which group  did you fall into?

My view is remain fucked it up as much as leave lied their bollox off.

If you live in a shithole with no prospects and some chinless twat like Cameron is offering you the status quo you might as well vote for a change. No real gamble is it? 

15 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Which group  did you fall into?

My view is remain fucked it up as much as leave lied their bollox off.

If you live in a shithole with no prospects and some chinless twat like Cameron is offering you the status quo you might as well vote for a change. No real gamble is it? 

None mentioned previously