Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

I love that one of the Breakaway Labour MPS who said they didn't want to be in a racist party has already had to apologise for racism on live TV on hours after leaving....

I sometime wonder if this is all an elaborate joke and a massive episode of yes minister playing out in real time....

57 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Flybe also mentioned brexit uncertainty in their recent administration.

Probably a covenient excuse for them but the number of companies folding or relocating is starting to stack up.

flybmi (not flybe) have lost money every single year of their existance, they have subsidised every passenger over the last 7 years to the sum of £20 each.

Its easier (and less embarrasing) for their board to blame brexit rather than their own failings.

18 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

flybmi (not flybe) have lost money every single year of their existance, they have subsidised every passenger over the last 7 years to the sum of £20 each.

Its easier (and less embarrasing) for their board to blame brexit rather than their own failings.

They said Brexit was a factor but not the reason for them going under, as is the case in a number of companies who are struggling with the uncertainty

26 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I love that one of the Breakaway Labour MPS who said they didn't want to be in a racist party has already had to apologise for racism on live TV on hours after leaving....

I sometime wonder if this is all an elaborate joke and a massive episode of yes minister playing out in real time....

:)

• Site Supporter

If Honda are saying it ISN'T brexit to blame, that's no better really.

Either way, they are sheddiing 3,000 jobs and there's no sign of a replacement company to pick that up.

Britain is being slowly scaled back by big foreign investors/manufacturers.

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

Either way, they are sheddiing 3,000 jobs and there's no sign of a replacement company to pick that up.

Rebuild British aerospace at Lostock and we'll be churning out spitfires in no time 

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tough shit was the call, and anyway its only 3000 jobs just a drop in the ocean, should be plenty of jobs on the farm

6 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The Tory party is as divided and the toxicity is there - the ERG extremists are driving the party - the likes of Soubry will leave if their power strengthens. 

ERG extremists?, you keep telling yourself they’re extremists, they are trying to honour the Referendum and the Conservative Manifesto and 17.5million voters

If you think a centrist party made up of Chucka, Chris Leslie, Soubry et al will be popular you’re deluded.

TM has no intention of negotiating a better WA, Parliament will try to block a no deal so if Cooper and her mates attempt to take control of Parliament the only way out will be another General Election to realign, I suspect Conservatives will be a leave party and Labour will not, then we’ll see what happens

On 08/02/2019 at 14:44, bwfcfan5 said:

Hang on a minute - put yourself in a different pair of shoes. You are someone who didn't vote for Brexit and doesn't want Brexit. Yet your told to suck up potential food shortages, medicine shortages and poor economic performance projections......

I get that if you really want Brexit you might put up with some things being shit for a bit. 

If you didn't vote for it though and don't want it, you must see why people don't want their lives turning to shit?

I see Chucka isn’t calling for a ‘by election People’s Vote’ now

1 minute ago, Moon boy said:

I see Chucka isn’t calling for a ‘by election People’s Vote’ now

Glad you quoted fandango5 mate.

Cant believe he’s still bleating re food and medicines being scarce after Brexit......and as for the poor economic performance...we heard that the other year,and what happened ? Nothing....absolutely nothing.

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

ERG extremists?, you keep telling yourself they’re extremists, they are trying to honour the Referendum and the Conservative Manifesto and 17.5million voters

If you think a centrist party made up of Chucka, Chris Leslie, Soubry et al will be popular you’re deluded.

TM has no intention of negotiating a better WA, Parliament will try to block a no deal so if Cooper and her mates attempt to take control of Parliament the only way out will be another General Election to realign, I suspect Conservatives will be a leave party and Labour will not, then we’ll see what happens

Probably a hung parliament and we are back to square - 1

10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The EU free trade deal with Japan will see Toyota repatriate their business too no doubt. Maybe a free trade deal with the US will see the same happen with Ford and GM as they deal with over capacity

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Announced since November:

Honda close Swindon plant - 3500 jobs.

Schaeffler and Michelin close UK factories - 1400 jobs.

Philips close plant - 430 jobs.

Jaguar Land Rover cuts - 4500 jobs.

Ford cuts - 1000 jobs.

We’ve been through this before especially with Jaguar....

The global industry is slowing....but let’s blame Brexit....even though the new kid on the block Honda doesn’t leave until 2021....if it was that bad,they’d be gone by now.

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

We’ve been through this before especially with Jaguar....

The global industry is slowing....but let’s blame Brexit....even though the new kid on the block Honda doesn’t leave until 2021....if it was that bad,they’d be gone by now.

They plan production 4/5 years in advance so are committed to uk for the new civic sorry for facts as I know not always welcomed by all

Edited by Escobarp

Just now, Escobarp said:

They plan production 4/5 years in advance so are committed to uk for the new civic sorry for facts as I know not always welcomed by all

Facts always welcome and appreciated matey.......some don’t like them on the other side though....god only knows why :D

Well, I heard the presser this morning in my car and I have to say that as someone who’s never been entrenched in any of the main parties, it was the best thing I’ve heard in fucking ages in this utterly ridiculous political age we’re in.

I hope they don’t call bi-elections, get their shit together and somehow it actually leads to us fixing this broken system where no fucker is happy and no party is fit to rule anything.

Fair fucks to ‘em. I like Chuck too :)

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Well, I heard the presser this morning in my car and I have to say that as someone who’s never been entrenched in any of the main parties, it was the best thing I’ve heard in fucking ages in this utterly ridiculous political age we’re in.

I hope they don’t call bi-elections, get their shit together and somehow it actually leads to us fixing this broken system where no fucker is happy and no party is fit to rule anything.

They will appeal to many voters and it will be interesting if others from the tory benches join to boost that support. They desperately need scale and quickly though or they could be gone before they have even begun. We are crying out for a period of consensus politics to return the country to some sort of normality

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Cheese said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47282603

Nothing to do with Brexit of course.

It isn't to be fair. It is everything to do with a shrinking market and the fact that they have no need for a plant here or anywhere else in Europe anymore.

There are lots of things you can pin on Brexit but this isn't one of them.

9 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Very good assessment of the current state of play pal.

Our Parliament is a laughing stock at present.

And for a further shock, I actually think Chucka isn’t too bad either.

There’s plenty who are better than the main headliners and he’s one of them.

David Lammy is a cunt though....just for balance :D

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

They will appeal to many voters and it will be interesting if others from the tory benches join to boost that support. They desperately need scale and quickly though or they could be gone before they have even begun. We are crying out for a period of consensus politics to return the country to some sort of normality

It was quite interesting listening to Jeremy Vine’s show at lunchtime P, well worth a listen if you don’t already mate.

He’s pretty confident they’ve something up their sleeves in the next few days in terms of defectors and funding.

Same re the vote the other night, most instantly picked up on Chucka’s comments re what he thought when he joined the Labour Party....the commentator/interviewer knew instantly he was planning to leave Labour.

As I’ve said many times, when Labour was Labour, I was always a Labour man and voter.

Couldn’t vote for them though under pissy pants and the dumb racist Abbott.

54 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Announced since November:

Honda close Swindon plant - 3500 jobs.

Schaeffler and Michelin close UK factories - 1400 jobs.

Philips close plant - 430 jobs.

Jaguar Land Rover cuts - 4500 jobs.

Ford cuts - 1000 jobs.

And employment at all time highs