Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You said earlier our meat industry would be gone in 2 years, now its just almost certainly lose out, which one is it? As I said earlier I am sick and tired of your constant negativity, therefore this is my last reply to you. 

If you want stick your fingers in your ears and scream la la la, ignoring reality then that's your choice mate. FYI there is only one member of the ERG that is supporting going WTO as the rest can see the dangers and now WTO is your "favoured" option which pretty much sums up the folly in your views. 

Edited by Salford Trotter

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

He used to work in Dewhurst Butchers on Market St Atherton about 40 years ago

I remember him being at Dewhursts, wouldn't have remembered which branch mind.    I remember meeting you on the Munich trip as well mate, how's things? 

• Site Supporter

Afternoon business folk,

Have you all been sent your EORI number & notifications through from the Government today?

If they're so confident of a deal, it strikes me as slightly odd that they would flag this as of the highest importance.

It's almost as if No Deal is an actual possibility and they are warning us to expect disruption.

Not me, I'm waiting for the cash to roll in just 31 days from now.

EDIT:

Almost forgot to include this important and conclusive gem from the flim flam...

You do not need an EORI number if you’ll only import or export:

• goods with Ireland across the Northern Ireland–Ireland land border (we will write to you again with information about the arrangements for trading with Ireland as soon as we can)
  • services that do not involve moving physical goods
Edited by Spider

I see this as a positive as others have mentioned the notion of a no deal is our strongest bargaining chip. As such it’s only right it should be on the table and we are Preparing as such. 

Do i I want no deal? No. Do we think anyone does? No. But we cannot just roll over and accept the will of the EU. 

15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I see this as a positive as others have mentioned the notion of a no deal is our strongest bargaining chip. As such it’s only right it should be on the table and we are Preparing as such. 

Do i I want no deal? No. Do we think anyone does? No. But we cannot just roll over and accept the will of the EU. 

Our strongest bargaining chip with the EU is to say "if you don't agree a deal on our terms we'll chop your finger off and immediately afterwards shoot ourselves in the head". Its amazing how many people don't get the fact that in business if I'm buying the threat of "not buying" usually works because they want my money and I want their product (I say usually because sometimes the deal will always be weighted in one side's favour). Not buying is status quo. Threatening "no deal" which is not status quo is ridiculously stupid. Hey if you don't sell at the price we want we'll go and jump into that cage full of tigers - just you wait. "But the tigers might not hurt us" 

The government thinks no deal is a disaster - see their no deal planning that leaked today. Hardship funds. Huge budget to protect food and medicine prices - so the EU see this and say "if you really want to hurt us by killing yourself - then go for it. 

18 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Our strongest bargaining chip with the EU is to say "if you don't agree a deal on our terms we'll chop your finger off and immediately afterwards shoot ourselves in the head". Its amazing how many people don't get the fact that in business if I'm buying the threat of "not buying" usually works because they want my money and I want their product (I say usually because sometimes the deal will always be weighted in one side's favour). Not buying is status quo. Threatening "no deal" which is not status quo is ridiculously stupid. Hey if you don't sell at the price we want we'll go and jump into that cage full of tigers - just you wait. "But the tigers might not hurt us" 

The government thinks no deal is a disaster - see their no deal planning that leaked today. Hardship funds. Huge budget to protect food and medicine prices - so the EU see this and say "if you really want to hurt us by killing yourself - then go for it. 

The reverse also applies. That’s why there will be a deal. 

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You said earlier our meat industry would be gone in 2 years, now its just almost certainly lose out, which one is it? As I said earlier I am sick and tired of your constant negativity, therefore this is my last reply to you. 

You've banged your head against that particular brick wall a lot longer than I could sustain it pal.

43 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Bit late for that to be meaningful. Just Corbyn desperately trying to make a meaningless gesture to avoid losing the rest of his membership and majority of his vote. 

For once, I’ll certainly agree with you.

Yet,some clowns on here think it’s a good thing.

The only good thing is, it will tear Corbyn’s idea of Labour totally apart.

29 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

For once, I’ll certainly agree with you.

Yet,some clowns on here think it’s a good thing.

The only good thing is, it will tear Corbyn’s idea of Labour totally apart.

Equally there’s some clowns that think leaving without a deal would be a good thing.

works both ways.