Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

20 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

And that's my point, No Deal comes very much into play now whereas before it was a possibility but not likely. 

Do you honestly believe that during these forthcoming trade negotiations the EU will be any less tough than they have been over the 3 years? Do you believe that other trading blocs won't take advantage of our weaker position, just like Japan has said they would? This was not the piece of piss that you and others thought it would be and hoodwinked so many voters to believe they could have had the best of both worlds. Oh, and if we leave without a deal and we don't honour our budget commitments by paying £39b do you still think that the EU are going to roll over and let us get the preferred trading status that we want? 

To be honest I’m not worried about leaving without a deal and I’m not feared about negotiating new trade deals, and I’m not bothered about not paying the £39 billion as the eu have not earned the right to receive that money, in retrospect we should have left on June 27th 2016 and not played the game by EU rules, by now we’d have negotiated a free trade deal, we’d have moved on and life would be back to normal by now.

Sadly government, civil service and the opposition acted against the wishes of the public and for that they must be held accountable.

We should leave on the 29th March without a deal and get on making our way in the world in the best way we can. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

46 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Grieve absolutely blasting May in the commons now. She has lost any shred of credibility she had left.

I thought he summed up the mood of the middle ground perfectly and the sooner the extreme wings of both the Conservative and Labour parties split out and form their own political parties the better for this country. The tail has been wagging the dog for too long

Just now, gonzo said:

So just to re cap, we either leave on 29th without a deal or get an extension to sort out leaving with that half in half out deal that’s been already been turned down In parliament?

No

Could also revoke A 50

But, I think Theresa might have colluded with Tusk

Apparently, the cabinet weren't aware of her 30 June request and he has come back quickly with a response

Summat not quite transparent going on

3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I thought he summed up the mood of the middle ground perfectly and the sooner the extreme wings of both the Conservative and Labour parties split out and form their own political parties the better for this country. The tail has been wagging the dog for too long

The ‘middle ground’ if you mean Cooper, Chukka, Boles, Greive, Soubry, Allen, etc they will win fuck all at the next GE

8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Please explain how the ERG are extreme, as they are the ones holding out to withold the outcome of the largest democratic vote in the history of our nation

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Therefore if the human race uses energy at a faster rate than it comes in, well we're on a very slippery slope.

Hence population control becomes inevitable, by self governance or by losing to mother nature.

Start now in these fair islands.

If it's not happening in the next hundred years, then I don't give a fuck, as I definitely won't be here.......well, I certainly hope not anyway

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Maybe they’ve had enough of us, like we have of them

3 possibilities 

revoke A50

No deal

pass her shite deal

I don’t think her deal will pass

I have a horrible feeling it will. It's certainly worse than remaining, and probably worse than just going WTO  -  her deal should already be dead, having been pissed on, massively, twice......but it'll come back in a third time, and might well pass, as she blackmails the house by saying "My Deal or WTO"

The EU should certainly, 100%, be telling us to fuck off with regards to an extension, we've had plenty of time to decide what we want, and all we've done is run the clock down.

I hope the EU dissappears up its own rectum eventually,  I just don't want to us folk to live in penury for the foreseeable for the proving of a high political point (and opening a plebiscite to an 88.96% m0ngalong population - both sides). 

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I have a horrible feeling it will. It's certainly worse than remaining, and probably worse than just going WTO  -  her deal should already be dead, having been pissed on, massively, twice......but it'll come back in a third time, and might well pass, as she blackmails the house by saying "My Deal or WTO"

The EU should certainly, 100%, be telling us to fuck off with regards to an extension, we've had plenty of time to decide what we want, and all we've done is run the clock down.

I can't blame the EU, for sure.

I do think WTO will at least let us get on with future

AND

Not for a second do I trust the view of those who predict armageddon.

18 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Please explain how the ERG are extreme, as they are the ones holding out to withold the outcome of the largest democratic vote in the history of our nation

But they are not, only the most eurosceptic voted for No Deal and if it had been sold as such i would have no right to challenge it but it wasn't. Even the ERG don't want no deal but the May proposal is so poor that they feel obliged to reject it. This will be the biggest act of economic self harm that any country has undertaken, complete and utter madness

Edited by Salford Trotter

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Is it still all going to plan & as predicted?

You would hope that even Mounts would now, for the first time, admit that it's not going as predicted.......no doubt he will still claim that it's still all going rather well, as planned........or he'll blame those who voted "remain" for us not all having unicorns grazing on our front lawns already

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I can't blame the EU, for sure.

I do think WTO will at least let us get on with future

AND

Not for a second do I trust the view of those who predict armageddon.

It wouldn't be Armageddon, it would be a shitstorm for several months I'd have thought, unless some semblance of common sense prevailed...............but I wouldn't be holding my breath for that from either side

8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

But they are not, only the most eurosceptics voted for No Deal and if it had been sold as such i would have no right to challenge it but it wasn't. Even the ERG don't want no deal but the May proposal is so poor that they feel obliged to reject it. This will be the biggest act of economic self harm that any country has undertaken, complete and utter madness

Even I wouldn’t have taken No Deal when we started, but it the least worst option now and let’s the country start to move on to the future. 

47 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

The ‘middle ground’ if you mean Cooper, Chukka, Boles, Greive, Soubry, Allen, etc they will win fuck all at the next GE

It's a broader concept than just TIG, this is about a tangible realignment of British Politics that is as far away from the likes of the Corbyns and JRMs of our politics as you can get. I have always been a fan of consensus politics on key issues, UK defence and Brexit would be two examples. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

To be honest I’m not worried about leaving without a deal and I’m not feared about negotiating new trade deals, and I’m not bothered about not paying the £39 billion as the eu have not earned the right to receive that money, in retrospect we should have left on June 27th 2016 and not played the game by EU rules, by now we’d have negotiated a free trade deal, we’d have moved on and life would be back to normal by now.

Sadly government, civil service and the opposition acted against the wishes of the public and for that they must be held accountable.

We should leave on the 29th March without a deal and get on making our way in the world in the best way we can. 

Why should you be worried? The bumper EU trade deals with Japan and USA will benefit all of those living on the Costa Blanca.

Nice to see you're still blaming the Civil Service and Labour rather than the PM and the various incompetent Brexit Ministers who negotiated a shite deal that not even Brexiteer MPs like JRM and Boris will vote for.

1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Why should you be worried? The bumper EU trade deals with Japan and USA will benefit all of those living on the Costa Blanca.

Nice to see you're still blaming the Civil Service and Labour rather than the PM and the various incompetent Brexit Ministers who negotiated a shite deal that not even Brexiteer MPs like JRM and Boris will vote for.

To be fair, he has mentioned "government" which I reckon includes the PM and associated ministers

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

It's a broader concept than just TIG, this is about a tangible realignment of British Politics that is as far away from the likes of the Corbyns and JRMs of our politics as you can get. I have always been a fan of consensus politics on key issues, UK defence and Brexit would be two examples. 

You'll never get concensus on either of these whilst Corbyn is heading up labour.

That evil cunt stitching up two MPs last night was despicable. Too few of his MPs with the balls to tell him to fuck right off.

He's made it clear his views on security and his ideals on brexit involve something the EU can't negotiate on. So no concensus whilst he's bossing the party about.

If he goes there might be a chance.