Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

42 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You seriously believe the EU are going to back track now and give us everything the ERG want? If they do concede on anything it will be in the margins of the deal and nothing substantial as they hold all the cards. 

That’s not a problem, refusing to leave on the 29th is. If we do hold our nerve and leave, watch how the picture quickly changes, as the EU whatever you think also need a deal agreed, whether that’s before March 29th or after. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s not a problem, refusing to leave on the 29th is. 

If we don't leave on 29th, would you see that as a failure, or is it all part of the plan that you've predicted all along?

Just now, Sweep said:

If we don't leave on 29th, would you see that as a failure, or is it all part of the plan that you've predicted all along?

I didn’t have a plan I said we’d get a deal, how many times do I need to repeat? And as I’ve consistently said we need to take it to the wire or even over the wire to get best deal. 

8 hours ago, gonzo said:

People Jeremy Corbyn will talk to: 

• Hamas 

• Hezbollah 

• The IRA

• Press TV 

• Anti-semites

• Other terrorists 

People Jeremy Corbyn won’t talk to: 

• Chuka Umunna

Don’t forget that bustling economy of his Venezuelan friends........oh,hang on a minute....

• Site Supporter

Ok, so the CBI and TUC have said no deal Brexit is catastrophic for business. The Federation of Small Businesses has said no deal will be massively damaging.  But what do they know, eh?

I know the EU is far from perfect and I understand in some ways why folk still want to leave but I can't get my head around why anyone would want to crash out at 11pm 29th March. It would be a massive cluster fuck.

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Ok, so the CBI and TUC have said no deal Brexit is catastrophic for business. The Federation of Small Businesses has said no deal will be massively damaging.  But what do they know, eh?

I know the EU is far from perfect and I understand in some ways why folk still want to leave but I can't get my head around why anyone would want to crash out at 11pm 29th March. It would be a massive cluster fuck.

Just like the deep recession after the leave vote was announced and the half a million immediate job losses.....oh,hang on a minute.

Please tell me the record breaking figures released this week re employment ?

As you were Sir.

• Site Supporter

The comments from the erg etc last week were of a managed no deal, I can t remember the details, but in essence there's the ability to leave, carry on with things (trade etc) pretty much as they are and then sort a trade deal out.

Not sure it would be the complete crash, especially given the preparation both sides have made so far. Guess we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The comments from the erg etc last week were of a managed no deal, I can t remember the details, but in essence there's the ability to leave, carry on with things (trade etc) pretty much as they are and then sort a trade deal out.

Not sure it would be the complete crash, especially given the preparation both sides have made so far. Guess we'll see.

You must be one of them looneys too

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not that GAAT Article 24 nonsense that has been completely discredited?

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

But it’s just an outright lie. There is no possible way to do that. Leave on no deal and all EU laws and regulations cease to apply to us. It’s absolute nonsense. Anyone with a brain knows that isn’t an option. Christ alive. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But it’s just an outright lie. There is no possible way to do that. Leave on no deal and all EU laws and regulations cease to apply to us. It’s absolute nonsense. Anyone with a brain knows that isn’t an option. Christ alive. 

Redefines arrogance, from a platform of ill preparation. I had you down as better than that.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well, I have just cleaned my windows with my tongue, and had an hors d'oeuvre of live swordTAILS.

Am I correct in thinking the English spelling is also loony ?

I think BD is adopting the American term as in looney tunes and also because he’s a closet red who speaks Chinese in his local chippy and loves Wayne Looney 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Just like the deep recession after the leave vote was announced and the half a million immediate job losses.....oh,hang on a minute.

Please tell me the record breaking figures released this week re employment ?

As you were Sir.

Hang on, this is business folk stating their real concerns at what they see as a lack of contingency planning for no deal. This isn't that fucking idiot Osbourne spouting shite to try and save his and shiny faced Dave's political careers.

Like I say, I have some sympathy for folk having reservations on the EU but this current situation is mind bogglingly fucked up.

• Site Supporter

Anyone remember the 'Civil Contingencies Act' I talked about 18 months ago, when I changed my mind and decided a chaotic 'No Deal' was the only possible outcome? Military personnel on the streets etc?

Fasten your seat belts folks.

• Site Supporter

Not that GAAT Article 24 nonsense that has been completely discredited?

God knows. I'd switched off a bit by then.

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Maybe, but no one discredited the comments.

Are you sure it's not possible, or are you choosing to disbelieve something that might not be what you want.

As I've already said, I wasn't fully listening when the comments were made, so you may be right, but perhaps it may be useful to revisit them, if no deal is about to happen.

Or we can all just jump off a cliff as the end is nigh.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Anyone remember the 'Civil Contingencies Act' I talked about 18 months ago, when I changed my mind and decided a chaotic 'No Deal' was the only possible outcome? Military personnel on the streets etc?

Fasten your seat belts folks.

I forget now, if we crash out you will have a sore bottom but will smugly see squaddies on our streets or the other way round?

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

God knows. I'd switched off a bit by then.

Maybe, but no one discredited the comments.

Are you sure it's not possible, or are you choosing to disbelieve something that might not be what you want.

As I've already said, I wasn't fully listening when the comments were made, so you may be right, but perhaps it may be useful to revisit them, if no deal is about to happen.

Or we can all just jump off a cliff as the end is nigh.

It’s not a debate this. It’s a fact. Leave on no deal and you have exactly that. Nothing in place. You can’t trade as you were. Surely you know that? You can of course leave on no deal and after that negotiate deals for the hundreds and hundreds of separate elements that would make up a comprehensive free trade deal that would take 3 or 4 years to negotiate. And also negotiate all the basic stuff like flight quotas and visas etc....some basic stuff is in place. But take flight quotas, we’ve agreed a deal in the event of no deal that would mean about half of currently scheduled flights would have to be cancelled. Now, if on 29th March we come out we can try and renegotiate that quota, but when and whether we can or not, who knows. In the meantime airlines would have to manage their quotas and cancel flights or gamble.