Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I forget now, if we crash out you will have a sore bottom but will smugly see squaddies on our streets or the other way round?

No smugness. I still hope I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It’s not a debate this. It’s a fact. Leave on no deal and you have exactly that. Nothing in place. You can’t trade as you were. Surely you know that? You can of course leave on no deal and after that negotiate deals for the hundreds and hundreds of separate elements that would make up a comprehensive free trade deal that would take 3 or 4 years to negotiate. And also negotiate all the basic stuff like flight quotas and visas etc....some basic stuff is in place. But take flight quotas, we’ve agreed a deal in the event of no deal that would mean about half of currently scheduled flights would have to be cancelled. Now, if on 29th March we come out we can try and renegotiate that quota, but when and whether we can or not, who knows. In the meantime airlines would have to manage their quotas and cancel flights or gamble.

Supposing TM’s deal fails again next Tuesday and the Government then decide they will carry out the LAW, Article 50, and announce the UK will be leaving the EU on Friday 29th, do you really think that the UK and the EU cannot agree at that point that for a few weeks/months/years things will stay the same while things are sorted out, you could call that a name, what about the ‘Malthouse agreement’ job done,  business and industry finally have certainty, simples

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Hang on, this is business folk stating their real concerns at what they see as a lack of contingency planning for no deal. This isn't that fucking idiot Osbourne spouting shite to try and save his and shiny faced Dave's political careers.

Like I say, I have some sympathy for folk having reservations on the EU but this current situation is mind bogglingly fucked up.

Ok,let’s play and I hope all you remainers join in.

What are you going to do once we leave the EU shortly ?

Will you throw issy fits and roll on the floor screaming like petulant brats, or will you actually make a fist of it ?

British people are generally well known for their get up n at em type behaviour, I personally think we’ll do ok after Brexit and show the world what an utter farce the corrupt EU actually is...yes,I’m certain it will fold in a few years time.

I don’t know your personal situation pre or after Brexit and I genuinely wish you all the very best.

I’m actually doing fine and business in my sector is booming despite the deep recession and job losses the leave vote cost our fine nation....oh hang on again please Sir.

Our main supplier Weinberger have also have a boom since the Brexit vote, and we will see no fluctuations with them after the EU is left in the stone ages when we leave.

I show genuine pity and concern for decent folk like Spider who has already seen his business hit,but will it always be like that or just due to the uncertainty ? Once Brexit is done and dusted,the EU will change, they have to, no ifs or buts....they have to purely to survive.

Spider is a jolly good sort, he may be a ginger and look like a really shit part of a dire Proclaimers/Proremainers tribute act,but he knows me well and knows hand on heart that I wish him very well for the future like I do to all you negative Nancy boys.

For fucks sake, when we do leave, let’s make a fight of it, knuckle down to it and show them what’s it about.....just like the entire world did at 23-59, 1999....when the world melted,computers were fucked,planes fell from the sky,shop’s cash registers were fucked, ATMs didn’t recognise the date of the Millenium......oh, hang on...please wait another minute.

Enjoy your evening you southern dandy and enjoy the future 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Moon boy said:

Supposing TM’s deal fails again next Tuesday and the Government then decide they will carry out the LAW, Article 50, and announce the UK will be leaving the EU on Friday 29th, do you really think that the UK and the EU cannot agree at that point that for a few weeks/months/years things will stay the same while things are sorted out, you could call that a name, what about the ‘Malthouse agreement’ job done,  business and industry finally have certainty, simples

Jesus Christ. What the fuck do you think the last 2 years of Withdrawal Negotiations were about? 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It’s not a debate this. It’s a fact. Leave on no deal and you have exactly that. Nothing in place. You can’t trade as you were. Surely you know that? You can of course leave on no deal and after that negotiate deals for the hundreds and hundreds of separate elements that would make up a comprehensive free trade deal that would take 3 or 4 years to negotiate. And also negotiate all the basic stuff like flight quotas and visas etc....some basic stuff is in place. But take flight quotas, we’ve agreed a deal in the event of no deal that would mean about half of currently scheduled flights would have to be cancelled. Now, if on 29th March we come out we can try and renegotiate that quota, but when and whether we can or not, who knows. In the meantime airlines would have to manage their quotas and cancel flights or gamble.

You'd have to check with those who were talking last week.

I didn't catch it properly as I said. However such is the lack of clarity, honesty and believability from parliament, I'm inclined to listen to the only people who have a desire and a mechanism for no deal.

Might be bollocks, but those who say it is are making a fucking tremendous job of ensuring that the bollocks actually come to fruition.

The gloves are completely off now, and anything is possible.

21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Anyone remember the 'Civil Contingencies Act' I talked about 18 months ago, when I changed my mind and decided a chaotic 'No Deal' was the only possible outcome? Military personnel on the streets etc?

Fasten your seat belts folks.

You also said all military leave is being cancelled in April. 

Its not is it. 

20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

God knows. I'd switched off a bit by then.

Maybe, but no one discredited the comments.

Are you sure it's not possible, or are you choosing to disbelieve something that might not be what you want.

As I've already said, I wasn't fully listening when the comments were made, so you may be right, but perhaps it may be useful to revisit them, if no deal is about to happen.

Or we can all just jump off a cliff as the end is nigh.

Well said R....see my previous post :D

More snowflakes than Aspen

Just now, royal white said:

You also said all military leave is being cancelled in April. 

Its not is it. 

Go on C....you tell him son :D

What a whopper he is in his £5 Tesco trainers...he’d better hold onto those retro terrace classics,as after Brexit, we’ll never see the likes of them beauties treading the UK streets again :D

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Go on C....you tell him son :D

What a whopper he is in his £5 Tesco trainers...he’d better hold onto those retro terrace classics,as after Brexit, we’ll never see the likes of them beauties treading the UK streets again :D

I hope all the food he has stocked up on doesn’t pass it’s best before end date :) 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

And the remaining persons are potentially going to be driving lorries over cliffs after we leave

Not exactly 'troops on the streets' and the doomsday scenario, that all the EU gullible pricks believe it will be.....

HTH R :D

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Ok,let’s play and I hope all you remainers join in.

What are you going to do once we leave the EU shortly ?

Will you throw issy fits and roll on the floor screaming like petulant brats, or will you actually make a fist of it ?

British people are generally well known for their get up n at em type behaviour, I personally think we’ll do ok after Brexit and show the world what an utter farce the corrupt EU actually is...yes,I’m certain it will fold in a few years time.

I don’t know your personal situation pre or after Brexit and I genuinely wish you all the very best.

I’m actually doing fine and business in my sector is booming despite the deep recession and job losses the leave vote cost our fine nation....oh hang on again please Sir.

Our main supplier Weinberger have also have a boom since the Brexit vote, and we will see no fluctuations with them after the EU is left in the stone ages when we leave.

I show genuine pity and concern for decent folk like Spider who has already seen his business hit,but will it always be like that or just due to the uncertainty ? Once Brexit is done and dusted,the EU will change, they have to, no ifs or buts....they have to purely to survive.

Spider is a jolly good sort, he may be a ginger and look like a really shit part of a dire Proclaimers/Proremainers tribute act,but he knows me well and knows hand on heart that I wish him very well for the future like I do to all you negative Nancy boys.

For fucks sake, when we do leave, let’s make a fight of it, knuckle down to it and show them what’s it about.....just like the entire world did at 23-59, 1999....when the world melted,computers were fucked,planes fell from the sky,shop’s cash registers were fucked, ATMs didn’t recognise the date of the Millenium......oh, hang on...please wait another minute.

Enjoy your evening you southern dandy and enjoy the future 

I hope you are right and the business bods are wrong. If we do crash out that is, I have a feeling some sort if deal will come to fruition, not sure what or how mind as May's deal seems to be really rather shite.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I hope you are right and the business bods are wrong. If we do crash out that is, I have a feeling some sort if deal will come to fruition, not sure what or how mind as May's deal seems to be really rather shite.

That is, in essence the problem isn't it. Is there a deal that would command a majority?

Doubt it.

On that basis, sooner or later someone's deal would have to be excepted.

They could delay it for a couple of years, let labour have a go, who then have to immediately change tack, then eventually come back.

At that point, it would be rejected and more time wasted.

If MPs really don't want no deal, then some of them will have to swallow their pride and vote for one.

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I’m not saying for one minute that I’m right and the business BOD’s are wrong, I’m purely speaking from experience past and present, in the same vein Spider is...there’s clearly two sides to every argument..,,,Spider’s side is obviously and fully understandably more Doom n Gloom than mine is Dolce & Gabbana, and for that I’m fully appreciative and taking on board what he’s said and fears. I genuinely do show empathy for those hit as we speak this minute.

But all that is based on pure uncertainty of Brexit, folk have admitted this.l.l.when the dust settles and the wankers of the EU gravy train have sobered up after their sciatica problems,cough cough.....things will change.

My sincere apologies for sounding blasé and cocksure due to my sector being manic, but I’m only stating what I see before my eyes come payday.