Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

That is fair enough Miami, we all base our opinions on our own personal experiences in life.

I am OK but work for an EU based company that imports hundreds of millions £ worth of telecommunications equipment every year. Most comes direct from China but a decent amount from the EU too.

I just prey that if we do crash out everyone sees sense and works something out rapidly.

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

That is fair enough Miami, we all base our opinions on our own personal experiences in life.

I am OK but work for an EU based company that imports hundreds of millions £ worth of telecommunications equipment every year. Most comes direct from China but a decent amount from the EU too.

I just prey that if we do crash out everyone sees sense and works something out rapidly.

I’m sure it will buddy. And I genuinely wish you all the very best.

Us Wanderers fans suffer enough already.....but times are changing.

All the best pal.

33 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Supposing TM’s deal fails again next Tuesday and the Government then decide they will carry out the LAW, Article 50, and announce the UK will be leaving the EU on Friday 29th, do you really think that the UK and the EU cannot agree at that point that for a few weeks/months/years things will stay the same while things are sorted out, you could call that a name, what about the ‘Malthouse agreement’ job done,  business and industry finally have certainty, simples

Of course not. That’s the whole point of the withdrawal agreement. To keep everything the same for two years whilst a FTA is negotiated. 

The Malthouse agreement has been rejected out of hand by the EU. They won’t compromise their market. It’s as simple as that. 

• Site Supporter

Flaxen haired Anglo Saxon you colour blind bastard.

and you’re dead right, eventuallly all we can do is tell The world what’s happening in our little corner of Eden.

human nature - not just British nature - is to look up not down.

im sure it’ll be fine eventually and right now I’d honestly take a no deal simply because I think that would actually sharpen everyone’s focus. 

My hunch is that a soft Brexit lulls everyone into a slightly false sense of security. 

When you’re up against it, you perform better, think more imaginatively.

im just tired of it. I’d rather crack on, whatever it is.

30 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You'd have to check with those who were talking last week.

I didn't catch it properly as I said. However such is the lack of clarity, honesty and believability from parliament, I'm inclined to listen to the only people who have a desire and a mechanism for no deal.

Might be bollocks, but those who say it is are making a fucking tremendous job of ensuring that the bollocks actually come to fruition.

The gloves are completely off now, and anything is possible.

The problem is you and many others have listened to the minority of hardcore Brexiteer MPs who have demonstrably lied throughout the process. I can show you reels of tweets that expose the huge volume of lies, but I fear you’d not be ready to accept this.

But think on this simple fact. These people you are listening to are the ones who told you pre referendum and even 6 months after it, how easy it would be to negotiate a superb deal. How the EU would buckle almost instantly and how pressure from German car manufacturers would mean they’d be queuing up to give us a free trade deal in months. This was even after A50 was initiated. And two of these people were leading our negotiations. Can you seriously, honestly not see that you’ve been duped?

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Obviously fuck all that anyone can agree to

But after 2 years, you're hoping they can agree something entirely different within the next week? Fuck me. 

May should've just told Brexiteers that her WA was actually the terms of a 'managed no deal', and Remainer's that it was a deal to stay in the EU but under slightly different terms.

She'd have pissed the vote, because people care less about the detail than they do about 'winning'.

5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Isn't that inevitable; as a compromise, many won't like it.

To be honest, I can't see any deal that would please many.

Perhaps it should have been no deal from the outset. Then negotiate a trade deal.

The proper position to take from the outset was to say to businesses, big and small, that if any deal was concluded it would not be until the final days (possibly even the final hours) of the two year period, based on all known form of EU decision making. We cannot, by definition, know what compromises a deal might entail, and so you should plan on the basis that no agreement will be reached, making such plans as you see fit to cope with emerging points, bearing in mind that nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

Unfortunately such an approach would have been severely criticised by the media and thus politically unacceptable, although correct in principle.

As it stands there seems to be a suggestion that in MV3 comes next week the SNP may vote for it to avoid No Deal.

And perhaps we should entice Ireland from Wednesday onwards because reality is going to percolate through to them soon.

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The problem is you and many others have listened to the minority of hardcore Brexiteer MPs who have demonstrably lied throughout the process. I can show you reels of tweets that expose the huge volume of lies, but I fear you’d not be ready to accept this.

But think on this simple fact. These people you are listening to are the ones who told you pre referendum and even 6 months after it, how easy it would be to negotiate a superb deal. How the EU would buckle almost instantly and how pressure from German car manufacturers would mean they’d be queuing up to give us a free trade deal in months. This was even after A50 was initiated. And two of these people were leading our negotiations. Can you seriously, honestly not see that you’ve been duped?

No. We've not been duped. There's some pantomime hysterics about on your side of the Brexit debate today. Go out and panic buy some Valium ....... but keep one or two pills to one side in case HMRC and Hillary Stonefrost have to talk across the floor of a courtroom again.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Flaxen haired Anglo Saxon you colour blind bastard.

and you’re dead right, eventuallly all we can do is tell The world what’s happening in our little corner of Eden.

human nature - not just British nature - is to look up not down.

im sure it’ll be fine eventually and right now I’d honestly take a no deal simply because I think that would actually sharpen everyone’s focus. 

My hunch is that a soft Brexit lulls everyone into a slightly false sense of security. 

When you’re up against it, you perform better, think more imaginatively.

im just tired of it. I’d rather crack on, whatever it is.

Hello Jason..how’s the Argonauts :D

Taking the no deal option is absolutely spot on mate re sharpening the focus of those stuck in the past and being slaves to Juncker and Co’s slush fund.

We are up against it...think of the Forest game last May..how ironic when we were dead,buried and the laughing stock of facing Accy on our Saturday Accas.....

We will perform better........now get up off the floor and sing those lyrics to a Letter from Trump of America 

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

We are up against it...think of the Forest game last May..how ironic when we were dead,buried and the laughing stock of facing Accy on our Saturday Accas....:D

This would have been a decent analogy had it not been for this season! :)

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

This would have been a decent analogy had it not been for this season! :)

Thank you kind sir...good to see you’re now on our side...I’ve ordered your jack boots as requested by your goodself ...size four and in rainbow colours :D

9 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Thank you kind sir...good to see you’re now on our side...I’ve ordered your jack boots as requested by your goodself ...size four and in rainbow colours :D

Size 3 thank you very much. And with a nice lining so I don't end up with blisters!

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Considering the fact that it was commonly accepted it wouldn't be particularly quick or easy by virtually all on here, then clearly I've not been duped.

As I suspected, it has been made a whole lot more difficult because too many folk were offended by the result, and can't accept it. So they make it more difficult than it needs to be.

Go back and read the article that bd posted a link to ages ago. The one where the EU guy warned about playing politics.

As has come to fruition, both here and across the water.

As for the future trade deal, it's not started, don't know when they will, and we don't know who is going to be involved in the discussions. Hopefully they'll have learned from a hard lesson.

One thing is for sure; elitist, unaccepting know alls need to keep well away, and leave it to the more open minded, pragmatists, with an eye for future opportunity, not looking over their shoulder into the past.

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Considering the fact that it was commonly accepted it wouldn't be particularly quick or easy by virtually all on here, then clearly I've not been duped.

As I suspected, it has been made a whole lot more difficult because too many folk were offended by the result, and can't accept it. So they make it more difficult than it needs to be.

Go back and read the article that bd posted a link to ages ago. The one where the EU guy warned about playing politics.

As has come to fruition, both here and across the water.

As for the future trade deal, it's not started, don't know when they will, and we don't know who is going to be involved in the discussions. Hopefully they'll have learned from a hard lesson.

One thing is for sure; elitist, unaccepting know alls need to keep well away, and leave it to the more open minded, pragmatists, with an eye for future opportunity, not looking over their shoulder into the past.

But the Brexiteers all said it would be easy and we’d have a trade deal by Christmas. They also mainly said there’d be no downsides. That the EU would be forced to give us unconditional market access. The proof of this is everywhere. Such as the twitter chain I posted before.

The reason we are where we sit now has absolutely nothing to do with remainers, but instead because the Brexiteers made a lot of unrealistic proclamations pre election. That’s being kind, the truth is they outright lied, in many cases not expecting to win. Then after the vote had to keep the pretence up.

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But the Brexiteers all said it would be easy and we’d have a trade deal by Christmas. They also mainly said there’d be no downsides. That the EU would be forced to give us unconditional market access. The proof of this is everywhere. Such as the twitter chain I posted before.

The reason we are where we sit now has absolutely nothing to do with remainers, but instead because the Brexiteers made a lot of unrealistic proclamations pre election. That’s being kind, the truth is they outright lied, in many cases not expecting to win. Then after the vote had to keep the pretence up.

It may have been a lot easier if we had someone from leave negotiating the deal and not a remainer.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Not according to Cheese

No - according to reality. These things simply don't happen quickly. There's a reason countries spend years negotiating trade deals - they are incredibly complex, and every country we negotiate from now on knows we are desperate. We aren't the special exception you seem to think we are.